• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats introduce two articles of impeachment against Trump

I continued reading. You made the better choice. It's a chain email that my 101-year-old, crazy great auntie sent to me in 1999.

Well, at least that's only 30 seconds you'll never get back rather than the 15 minutes Mr. Conservative wasted. What is so pathetic is that I'll bet a month's pay that I'm far more conservative than Mr. Conservative. Oh hell, it's clearly obvious by his choice of source in that post alone, I'll bet a year's pay.

No it's not my claim it's from Rasmussen Reports. You and I both know Trump will be reelected!
No clue what the numbers are from in post 395. :peace
Thanks bro. Your post reminded me of a great old Delaney & Bonnie song.

I'd post the lyrics but you and I both know them already. Only you know and I know... LMFAO

So as a liberal you really care about the potential of someone withholding taxpayer money to a foreign gov't?? Stop the hypocrisy, you couldn't care less, this is nothing but hatred of Trump

Wow what a sad post. Why can't you address the facts? The poster I was responding to claimed that "political party is the only relevant difference" which I showed, with facts, that they were wrong. Your response is to whine about how I'm a liberal that hates Trump. If you disagree with what I said then tell me where I was wrong. You can't, so you just whine about liberals as per usual.

Trump broke the law. It's an indisputable fact. You don't seem to care about that.

I stopped reading at "your clowns." You might want to get to know me before you assign clowns as being "mine."

You might want to think about what you are posting before hitting the enter key especially being a so called independent. There is nothing independent in your posts as an independent considers all the facts and evidence before making a decision. I see no evidence of your independence as you have very selective polling data with no context

Try this one

National (US) Poll - December 10, 2019 - Buttigieg Slips, While Biden A | Quinnipiac University Connecticut

Most Say Trump Hindered Inquiry, But Impeachment Opinion is Unmoved | Monmouth University Polling Institute

Wow what a sad post. Why can't you address the facts? The poster I was responding to claimed that "political party is the only relevant difference" which I showed, with facts, that they were wrong. Your response is to whine about how I'm a liberal that hates Trump. If you disagree with what I said then tell me where I was wrong. You can't, so you just whine about liberals as per usual.

Trump broke the law. It's an indisputable fact. You don't seem to care about that.

You are wrong when you claim "Trump broke the law" did you bother to listen to Turley? where is the compelling evidence and in this country one is innocent until proven guilty. This is a witch hunt, Ukraine is a non issue, this is all about hatred of Trump and total ignorance of results. Results matter

Show me any President who lost re-election with over 50% approval rating on the economy or better yet show me any President who got fewer votes for re-election than the original election?????????????????????????

Answer: OBAMA 4 million fewer votes

Reagan 10 million more, Clinton 4 million more, GW Bush 12 million more, Obama 4 million less. Elections do have consequences, Obama's were the loss of Congress then the Presidency for Democrats along with Congress.

At this point November 2020 doesn't look good for the Congress either for Democrats as only the hard core support the radicals from California and NY

You are wrong when you claim "Trump broke the law" did you bother to listen to Turley? where is the compelling evidence and in this country one is innocent until proven guilty. This is a witch hunt, Ukraine is a non issue, this is all about hatred of Trump and total ignorance of results. Results matter

Show me any President who lost re-election with over 50% approval rating on the economy or better yet show me any President who got fewer votes for re-election than the original election?????????????????????????

Answer: OBAMA 4 million fewer votes

Reagan 10 million more, Clinton 4 million more, GW Bush 12 million more, Obama 4 million less. Elections do have consequences, Obama's were the loss of Congress then the Presidency for Democrats along with Congress.

At this point November 2020 doesn't look good for the Congress either for Democrats as only the hard core support the radicals from California and NY

You didn't address a single fact you're still just whining.

You didn't address a single fact you're still just whining.

I addressed you post where you said Trump Broke the law. that is a lie and nothing more than someone who hates Trump. Stop diverting and admit you are wrong, hardly a fact

They will vote on this in Judiciary later this week, before it's potentially brought to a full House vote.

Democrats introduce two articles of impeachment against Trump - CNNPolitics

I thought Schiff's speech was well done and compelling at the end. Of course, I believe part of the country figures this is all true...but as long as Trump also gives them something in the deal, it's OK.

This is a meme i saw online that made me really happy . .

nobodyabovethelaw2.jpg

I loved this meme because most times political memes are completely crap. so filled with hate, lies and things that are factually not true. Usually they are so crazy partisan like “ALL democrats/”libtards” wanna take away all your guns and they hate jesus!!!” or “ALL republicans/”conservatards” are racists and against equal rights!” . . SMH . . .its so stupid and part of the problem and NOT part of the solution. Its like people forget the NORMAL people they interact with EVERYDAY, we are so much more alike than different. It makes me happy when I see an objective meme like this!! Gives me hope! Let the cards fall where they fall, let the process work as it was designed.
#ProudIndependent

This is a meme i saw online that made me really happy . .

View attachment 67269864

I loved this meme because most times political memes are completely crap. so filled with hate, lies and things that are factually not true. Usually they are so crazy partisan like “ALL democrats/”libtards” wanna take away all your guns and they hate jesus!!!” or “ALL republicans/”conservatards” are racists and against equal rights!” . . SMH . . .its so stupid and part of the problem and NOT part of the solution. Its like people forget the NORMAL people they interact with EVERYDAY, we are so much more alike than different. It makes me happy when I see an objective meme like this!! Gives me hope! Let the cards fall where they fall, let the process work as it was designed.
#ProudIndependent
And I fully support the acquittal of the president. Thank you majority leader Mitch.

I addressed you post where you said Trump Broke the law. that is a lie and nothing more than someone who hates Trump. Stop diverting and admit you are wrong, hardly a fact

He did break the law. He violated the Impoundment Control Act by not apportioning the funds so they could be spent before they expire. That's a direct violation of the ICA. The only way he could have done that lawfully is with a rescission notice which he didn't file. Hence, he broke the law.

Nothing you said in your post addressed any of those facts.

And I fully support the acquittal of the president. Thank you majority leader Mitch.

and that simply shows you totally missed the point and exposes your biased LMAO .. wow thats hilarious . . . thank you for proving my point ;)

This is 100% wrong. The loan guarantees that Biden was referring to were under the discretion of the executive branch. They also weren't actual funds but guarantees. Biden was acting within his authority as a representative of the Executive branch to threaten to have Obama withhold the loan guarantees which the Executive had the authority to do because they were under their discretion.

The assistance that Trump illegally withheld was actual money appropriated by Congress. He was not within his authority to withhold Congressionally appropriated funds to the point whereby they weren't able to be spent. That's a violation of the ICA.

He is absolutely allowed to hold up the spending.
Up to a certain date. then he needs to explain why its being held up.
As the money was released, there was no violation.

Dude. Come on...

"treasonous anti American communists who now run the other party and propose the Green New Deal Great Communist Depression"

how would you describe the idiots who are proposing the Green New Deal Great Communist Depression???

All this Trump and Republican mess is temporary.

LSU!!!

and certainly there will be nothing messy about the Green New Deal Great Communist Depression!!!

I don't know, citing a Constitutional Scholar is far more effective than taking the word of anonymous biased hacks on websites.

and lets not forget that Turley's arguments are so good that nobody will try to refute them directly! Same with Dershowitz, another liberal!!!

This is a silly conservative lie. From Laura Cooper's testimony:

All the funds were sent to Ukraine by end of year so Trump fulfilled his obligation as Chief Executive which is why Dems are not using it as talking point or article of Impeachment. NOw do you understand?????

how would you describe the idiots who are proposing the Green New Deal Great Communist Depression???

not the way you Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity Republicans do. hell, i'd say a lot of kids just want to make sure that they get to enjoy the same kid of earth that we inherited from our grandparents.

and certainly there will be nothing messy about the Green New Deal Great Communist Depression!!!

you sound just like Rush/Sean. just like when they described Obama and Hillary are the worst two Americans EVER!!!!

oh no you should turn on the TV or radio!!!

( this is a liberals idea of debating)

hey, you asked. i told you where you could find the info you desire.

This is not a real impeachment a real impeachment doesn't last three years and they still can't come up with a crime. Abuse of power and obstructing an out of control House of Representatives doesn't get it done. Stand by for a huge Trump victory in 2020 and be prepared to cry yourselves to sleep again on election night.

Yes every Congress controlled by party opposite complains that a president abuses his power!! Obama, for example, did many things that even he said were unconstitutional while he was campaigning!!

He is absolutely allowed to hold up the spending.
Up to a certain date. then he needs to explain why its being held up.
As the money was released, there was no violation.

The Executive cannot withhold funding to the extent that it expires before it can be obligated. That's a direct violation of the ICA. That is also exactly what happened in this case. The only way it would have been legal is with a rescission notice which he didn't do.

The admitted Quid Pro Quo with a foreign government is the grounds. Pay up...

???where in Constitution does it say a quid pro quo is grounds for impeachment?????????????????????????????????? Does the liberal dare to try???

All the funds were sent to Ukraine by end of year

This, again, is a lie. The funds were not able to be obligated by the end of the fiscal year. We know this because of Laura Cooper's testimony that says exactly this in the post you quoted.

The sole power of impeachment lies with the house of representatives. Sounds absolute to me.

Yes, the power of impeachment resides in the house, but impeachment does not negate separation pf powers ie it does not give the house the right to demand everything from the executive branch. Do you understand now??

Back
Top Bottom