• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats are losing millenials

It's true... Polling suggests it.

Which? ... all I find is an article from the American Conservative that fist-pumps surveys showing that Generation Z as teenagers have less sex, and smoke and drink.

Which is OBVIOUSLY - according to the author's reading of the tea leaves - is due to conservative values and absolutely nothing else. :roll:

and now you resort to trolling.

its funny. you guys get so offended by comparisons

No, but the discussion is about millenials looking for alternatives, not Hillary.

That gives me hope that our 2 party system will one day be a thing of the past

I'd love that. But I don't see that happening in our government structure. I think it would take a parliament to happen. People claim indy status but still vote two party.

we would but you guys keep putting her in the news!

get over the fact that you lost. this tantrum is dragging on. 2024 is a long ways away you guys will tucker out eventually

What tantrum? I'm not contesting the election. Get over that your boy sucks. Besides, 2020 comes well before 2024 and we'll be done with this GOP idiocy.

Oh, did you just out yourself as a fellow Excel nerd? :lol:

(If not, I have just jumped into the nerd pool alone...*sob*)

I was wondering if someone would get the spreadsheet comparative. :lol:

I'd love that. But I don't see that happening in our government structure. I think it would take a parliament to happen. People claim indy status but still vote two party.

Not me, but I am just as disgruntled with 3rd parties as they are nothing but a fail safe.

Not me, but I am just as disgruntled with 3rd parties as they are nothing but a fail safe.

Here in santa fe we've implemented Instant Runoff Voting which prevents elections from having a spoiler effect. That helps third parties run.

Last edited:
What tantrum? I'm not contesting the election. Get over that your boy sucks. Besides, 2020 comes well before 2024 and we'll be done with this GOP idiocy.

south korea: trump deserves the nobel prize
alt left extremists: trump sucks

Here in santa fe we've implemented Instant Runoff Voting which prevents from having a spoiler effect. That helps third parties run.

Ideally, third party candidates would have more of an impact, get equal face time, try a bit harder to reach independent voters, get more backing...basically, make more noise regardless of obstacles. One can only dream.

"The poll surveyed more than 16,000 registered voters from January through March of this year. The data shows that only 49 percent of voters between the ages of 18-34 are likely to support a Democrat, a nearly 10 percent drop from the 2016 iteration of Reuters’ poll."

Poll: Millennial Support Dems Falls Since &#0 | The Daily Caller

If you read the entire poll it shows trouble in River City for Democrats. Couple that with earlier polls showing an uptick of Blacks supporting Republicans it at least shows these groups should not be taken for granted and maybe you need a better message than Trump sucks.

south korea: trump deserves the nobel prize
alt left extremists: trump sucks

1) Alt left? :lol:
More right-wing nuttery trying to find equivalence for their alt right tag that they invented for themselves to cover the racist wing of the party.

2) I personally said in this forum that I don't care if trump gets the credit or not. I'm fine if he does. It's the peace that matters. So take your broad brush somewhere else sonny.

1) Alt left? :lol:
More right-wing nuttery trying to find equivalence for their alt right tag that they invented for themselves to cover the racist wing of the party.

2) I personally said in this forum that I don't care if trump gets the credit or not. I'm fine if he does. It's the peace that matters. So take your broad brush somewhere else sonny.

losing millenials, losing voters in general, the left wing is in serious danger. meanwhile the right wing is winning nobel prizes trump solidified 2020...who can the left run???

i hope to goodness they run liz warren!!!!

Ideally, third party candidates would have more of an impact, get equal face time, try a bit harder to reach independent voters, get more backing...basically, make more noise regardless of obstacles. One can only dream.

They face such a huge infrastructure problem. The two main parties are organized from federal level on down to precinct personnel. Establishing such an infrastructure is more than daunting. Not to mention fighting that infrastructure that is suing your pants off at every turn to keep you from establishing a presence.

losing millenials, losing voters in general, the left wing is in serious danger. meanwhile the right wing is winning nobel prizes trump solidified 2020...who can the left run???

i hope to goodness they run liz warren!!!!

:lol: A girl can dream I suppose.

:lol: A girl can dream I suppose.

millenials dont know what they want. they want oprah or the rock to run. oprah said no, so the left will likely run the rock.

maybe kanye will run for the right wing and we'll have a classic kanye/the rock show down!

thats how you become 'progressive'

They face such a huge infrastructure problem. The two main parties are organized from federal level on down to precinct personnel. Establishing such an infrastructure is more than daunting. Not to mention fighting that infrastructure that is suing your pants off at every turn to keep you from establishing a presence.

Our younger generation has the energy and cyber know how to change it, eventually. They have been able to rally the forces against all odds. May be it is time for some unconventional political campaigns.

millenials dont know what they want. they want oprah or the rock to run. oprah said no, so the left will likely run the rock.

maybe kanye will run for the right wing and we'll have a classic kanye/the rock show down!

thats how you become 'progressive'

Sense. You're not making any.

Which? ... all I find is an article from the American Conservative that fist-pumps surveys showing that Generation Z as teenagers have less sex, and smoke and drink.

Which is OBVIOUSLY - according to the author's reading of the tea leaves - is due to conservative values and absolutely nothing else. :roll:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashley...-losing-sleep-over-generation-z/#20c0c6e87878

It's true, They are the most "conservative" young generation since WW2.

It's true, They are the most "conservative" young generation since WW2.

That survey was done on European adults/teens:

The article:

A U.K. Study at The Gild did a survey of almost 2,000 adults and found that on issues like gay marriage, marijuana legalization, transgender rights, and even tattoos, 59% of Gen Z respondents described their views as ‘conservative’ and ‘moderate’.

Links to:

A survey of almost 2,000 UK adults finds that on issues such as same-sex marriage, transgender rights and marijuana legalisation, 59% of Gen Z respondents describe their attitudes as being between ‘conservative’ and ‘moderate’. By contrast, 83% of millennials and 85% of Gen X respondents state that they are ‘quite’ or ‘very liberal’ on such issues.

That survey was done on European adults/teens:

The article:

Links to:

Well that's an interesting catch that throws a giant monkey-wrench into the entire conservative narrative in this thread. :lol:

Well that's an interesting catch that throws a giant monkey-wrench into the entire conservative narrative in this thread. :lol:

Ah, well the OP is talking about Millennials but celticwar17 was talking about Generation Z.

But I agree. Conservatism in the sense of Reagan or the Heritage Foundation, or most of the 'conservative' poster on this forum, will die and I don't think it won't be resuscitated. Not necessarily because their ideas are being rejected by young people, but because they'll no longer be applicable to the times.

I've always thought that Conservatism is much more a reaction to the current environment, and frames its core beliefs in disagreement/agreement to the status quo, than it is this a forward-looking or thoroughly structured world view.

Back
Top Bottom