• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats are losing millenials

Link doesn't work.

Also, Dems aren't losing them to Repubs. Just to indy's fortunately.

Here: Exclusive: Democrats lose ground with millennials - Reuters/Ipsos poll

The online survey of more than 16,000 registered voters ages 18 to 34 shows their support for Democrats over Republicans for Congress slipped by about 9 percentage points over the past two years, to 46 percent overall. And they increasingly say the Republican Party is a better steward of the economy.

Although nearly two of three young voters polled said they do not like Republican President Donald Trump, their distaste for him does not necessarily extend to all Republicans or translate directly into votes for Democratic congressional candidates.

I don't buy it. Especially with the school shootings and the massive #NeverAgain/#MarchForOurLives movements.

Those people are either students or the parents of students.

I don't buy it. Especially with the school shootings and the massive #NeverAgain/#MarchForOurLives movements. Those people are either students or the parents of students.

Parents. The students and #NeverAgain/#MarchForOurLives movements are Generation Z ... the generation after Millennials.

Parents. The students and #NeverAgain/#MarchForOurLives movements are Generation Z ... the generation after Millennials.

"Z"? I can't keep track anymore! What are the next batch going to be called?

Which is the most right wing young generation in decades. You can thank SJws and memes for that

Link doesn't work.

That has been a long term trend in California, and I'm not surprised to see it spread. Politics has changed in that you don't have the clear cut division of the 60's - blue collar union, vs industrial and white collar. Now it is reflecting the tribal nature of America due to immigration. Being Independent means you don't have to defend a party position you don't necessarily agree with.

I would not be surprised to see a new more centrist party emerge for independents who are left and right of center and will swallow up one of the other parties - probably the Republicans unless they envelope the Independent party because the democrats when totally off the reservation.

That has been a long term trend in California, and I'm not surprised to see it spread. Politics has changed in that you don't have the clear cut division of the 60's - blue collar union, vs industrial and white collar. Now it is reflecting the tribal nature of America due to immigration. Being Independent means you don't have to defend a party position you don't necessarily agree with.

I would not be surprised to see a new more centrist party emerge for independents who are left and right of center and will swallow up one of the other parties - probably the Republicans unless they envelope the Independent party because the democrats when totally off the reservation.

California will turn away from being blue?

Riiiggght. :lol:

"Z"? I can't keep track anymore! What are the next batch going to be called?

We're still in the 'competing name' phase of Gen Zs where everyone in the media tries to jockey for which name they're going to be called. However the Millennial name is definitely solidified by now. I'm a later Millennial - born in the early 90s.

Which is the most right wing young generation in decades. You can thank SJws and memes for that

That's complete nonsense. I'd bet 80% of them don't even have a clue as to "Ronald Reagan" is. Even I was born-post Reagan.

Whether people know it or not, people become less ideological as they age:

HAHA!!! Please. Keep dreaming all you want to the reality is that young people hate Donald Trump and everything he stands for. Republicans are losing house seats and senate seats that Donald Trump won by 20 points. Given that Trump didn't even win the popular vote in the first place the Republican party can't afford to be bleeding voters.

One of the great strengths of Liberal voters is unfortunately also their weakness. Liberals don't like being labeled. When asked there are many who won't necessarily label themselves as a Democrat. They want to claim independence, but when it comes time to vote the reality is that they heavily break Democrat. Some might go to a third party, but they will almost never break Republican.

Link doesn't work.

The link works for me.

Enthusiasm for the Democratic Party is waning among millennials as its candidates head into the crucial midterm congressional elections, according to the Reuters/Ipsos national opinion poll.

Related Searches
IpsosPollsTrump PollStraw PollQuinnipiac Poll
The online survey of more than 16,000 registered voters ages 18 to 34 shows their support for Democrats over Republicans for Congress slipped by about 9 percentage points over the past two years, to 46 percent overall. And they increasingly say the Republican Party is a better steward of the economy.

Although nearly two of three young voters polled said they do not like Republican President Donald Trump, their distaste for him does not necessarily extend to all Republicans or translate directly into votes for Democratic congressional candidates.

That presents a potential problem for Democrats who have come to count on millennials as a core constituency - and will need all the loyalty they can get to achieve a net gain of 23 seats to capture control of the U.S. House of Representatives in November.

i doubt that millennials are keen on throwing down with the anti-gay stuff. Republicans are going to have to give up on that one if they want to keep the youth. this is going to be tough, because Pence is next in line, and he's about as socially conservative as mainstream Republicans get.

Link doesn't work.

That gives me hope that our 2 party system will one day be a thing of the past

#getoverhillary

we would but you guys keep putting her in the news!

get over the fact that you lost. this tantrum is dragging on. 2024 is a long ways away you guys will tucker out eventually

we would but you guys keep putting her in the news!

get over the fact that you lost. this tantrum is dragging on. 2024 is a long ways away you guys will tucker out eventually

yet when one starts trolling her name in a thread that is about other than, one wonders.

yet when one starts trolling her name in a thread that is about other than, one wonders.

trolling? nice try. im comparing the exact thing you guys championed, to what youre now against.

you voted for the same thing youre whining about in this thread. just had a "d" next to the name and not an "r"

trolling? nice try. im comparing the exact thing you guys championed, to what youre now against.

you voted for the same thing youre whining about in this thread. just had a "d" next to the name and not an "r"

I don't know when we started calling it the HNC, but keep going...

We're still in the 'competing name' phase of Gen Zs where everyone in the media tries to jockey for which name they're going to be called. However the Millennial name is definitely solidified by now. I'm a later Millennial - born in the early 90s.

That's complete nonsense. I'd bet 80% of them don't even have a clue as to "Ronald Reagan" is. Even I was born-post Reagan.

It's true... Polling suggests it.

Back
Top Bottom