• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democratic impeachment calls swell as McGahn defies subpoena

Wrong. Three years of investigation. It’s called the Mueller report. Ever hear of it? Now get on with your impeachment.

Yeah... the report you cannot read because your bitchassed non-independent AG buried it under line after line of blacked out redaction. You bet... bring it the **** on.

True. However, the investigation can't be done in violation of a citizen's Constitutional rights.

Something you know nothing of. So bring it.

During her lucid moments, she realizes that "path to impeachment" is in fact "path to losing 2020" for Democrats

A bull**** scenario. So fos.

It wasn't popular to start impeaching Nixon either. Then the impeachment investigations began. **** changed in a big way. You focus on 2020. I'm focused on tomorrow.

You sound just like the Republicans when they impeached Bill Clinton. For impeachment to work a good size majority has to be in favor of it. That's not the case today. As I said, impeachment is a political process with all its pluses and minuses any political action has. The problem with impeachment at this time is that it would look like a political vendetta against Trump. A one party affair with only Democrats favoring it. Sort of a revenge tactic for losing an election. Politics after all is all about perceptions, how people sees things, about the wants and wishes of a majority of Americans, not just one political party.

The Democrats control the House, they can impeach Trump anytime their little pea pickin hearts desire. It's all up to them. But if it backfires, if it looks like a political vendetta, revenge, it could also help Trump to a second term. You're lucky that Speaker Pelosi is political savvy and realizes the dangers. It how the majority of Americans see impeachment whether it is the right thing or the wrong thing. Politics is all about perspectives.

The people saw that for what it was. It was an investigation of lying about a blow job. Yeah... stakes are quite a bit higher here.

The people saw that for what it was. It was an investigation of lying about a blow job. Yeah... stakes are quite a bit higher here.

Lindsay Graham has done a 180 since then, as have the rest of the phony GOPs, at least in public.

Listen folks... in allllll your strategizing about 2020, you can't even see tomorrow. Not even close.

You are not a political strategist. You are a po-dunk nobody sitting at your computer at home being a wanna-be political strategist. You don't know what tomorrow brings much less 2020. Reading a poll today with all these wheels in motion, you haven't a ****ing clue where the public pulse will be a year and a half from now. Just a bunch of pretenders who won't act because they think today's poll predicts tomorrow's attitude.

Quick word to you Dem fence sitters... the center and especially the center right DO NOT GIVE A RATS ASS ABOUT POLICY. They vote on personality and they will not be pursuaded by a ***** with no convictions. This is evidenced by the current president who is a non-apologetic dick and this is a notion that's been going on since 2000 when W ran and the most important aspect of that election?... "Who would you most want to have a beer with?"

Are you all so blind by your own phony arrogance that you think you know more than very very recent history? :lol:

If you want to gain some votes... grow some nuts.

Last edited:
I just saw a Congress Critter claim the full House will be voting on an "official misconduct investigation" against POTUS, directing the Judiciary Committee to investigate Trump.

I believe this is what needs to be done, perhaps even with an impeachment investigation. This greatly strengthens the legal case concerning subpoenas and their fast-tracking, and I believe adds political gravitas. I have no problem starting an impeachment investigation. Under Nixon, the subpoena for the tapes was resolved in just two months, ending with a SCOTUS directive to release them.

I believe this is the way to get the information needed to properly educate the public. And public education is how this thing can be flipped in 2020.

I wonder if a lot of Americans are beginning to ignore this whole thing. It's been going on for 2 1/2 years now. I wonder how many Americans are now just writing this whole thing off to normal partisan politics of the present or during the Trump era. Mueller's report after all was suppose to put an end to all of this one way or the other. I'm looking at independents here.

Question 16. Branch usually sided with -Which branch of the government do you usually side with when there is a conflict between the President and the U.S. Congress? Independents only 42% it depends, 28% not sure.

Question 18. Hearings to investigate, independents, 25% it depends, 31% not sure

Question 20. Refuse documents - Do you think it is appropriate or inappropriate for federal officials to refuse to provide documents requested by the U.S. Congress? Independents 25% it depends, 19% not sure

Question 21. Refuse to testify - Do you think it is appropriate or inappropriate for federal officials to refuse to testify before the U.S. Congress over matters which he or she is responsible for. 23% it depends, 28% not sure

Question 33. Hearings on obstruction - Do you think the U.S. Congress should or should not hold hearings on potential obstruction of justice by Donald Trump? Independents 41% yes, 25% no, 34% not sure

Question 34. Trump impeachment - obstruction - Do you think the Congress should or should not impeach and remove President Trump from office over allegations of obstruction of justice? Independents only, 32% yes, 33% no, 36% not sure.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/fs1r87zj1f/econTabReport.pdf

And so it goes, one heck of a lot of it depends or not sure among independents whereas most of the Republicans and democrats have their minds made up. could be independents are finally tuning all this stuff out?

More, Question 40. News Attention to Trump Taxes - Do you think news organizations have given too much, too little, or the right amount of attention to the issue of Donald Trump and his tax returns? Independents only again. 39% too much, 26% too little, 35% about right.

You can look through this whole thing, lots of good information. Leave it to me to wonder if independents, the non-affiliate are getting tired of all of this and are now beginning to put it all on ignore.

Listen folks... in allllll your strategizing about 2020, you can't even see tomorrow. Not even close.

You are not a political strategist. You are a po-dunk nobody sitting at your computer at home being a wanna-be political strategist. You don't know what tomorrow brings much less 2020. Reading a poll today with all these wheels in motion, you haven't a ****ing clue where the public pulse will be a year and a half from now. Just a bunch of pretenders who won't act because they think today's poll predicts tomorrow's attitude.

Quick word to you Dem fence sitters... the center and especially the center right DO NOT GIVE A RATS ASS ABOUT POLICY. They vote on personality and they will not be pursuaded by a ***** with no convictions. This is evidenced by the current president who is a non-apologetic dick and this is a notion that's been going on since 2000 when W ran and the most important aspect of that election?... "Who would you most want to have a beer with?"

Are you all so blind by your own arrogance that you think you know more than very very recent history? :lol:

If you want to gain some votes... grow some nuts.

How soon our republickers forget their investigations during Obama. And how Obama just let Bush/Cheney go.

The White Supremacist House is arguing the 9-0 Nixon ruling was wrong. That’s what this has always been about, Nixon.

I wonder if a lot of Americans are beginning to ignore this whole thing. It's been going on for 2 1/2 years now. I wonder how many Americans are now just writing this whole thing off to normal partisan politics of the present or during the Trump era. Mueller's report after all was suppose to put an end to all of this one way or the other. I'm looking at independents here.

Question 16. Branch usually sided with -Which branch of the government do you usually side with when there is a conflict between the President and the U.S. Congress? Independents only 42% it depends, 28% not sure.

Question 18. Hearings to investigate, independents, 25% it depends, 31% not sure

Question 20. Refuse documents - Do you think it is appropriate or inappropriate for federal officials to refuse to provide documents requested by the U.S. Congress? Independents 25% it depends, 19% not sure

Question 21. Refuse to testify - Do you think it is appropriate or inappropriate for federal officials to refuse to testify before the U.S. Congress over matters which he or she is responsible for. 23% it depends, 28% not sure

Question 33. Hearings on obstruction - Do you think the U.S. Congress should or should not hold hearings on potential obstruction of justice by Donald Trump? Independents 41% yes, 25% no, 34% not sure

Question 34. Trump impeachment - obstruction - Do you think the Congress should or should not impeach and remove President Trump from office over allegations of obstruction of justice? Independents only, 32% yes, 33% no, 36% not sure.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/fs1r87zj1f/econTabReport.pdf

And so it goes, one heck of a lot of it depends or not sure among independents whereas most of the Republicans and democrats have their minds made up. could be independents are finally tuning all this stuff out?

More, Question 40. News Attention to Trump Taxes - Do you think news organizations have given too much, too little, or the right amount of attention to the issue of Donald Trump and his tax returns? Independents only again. 39% too much, 26% too little, 35% about right.

You can look through this whole thing, lots of good information. Leave it to me to wonder if independents, the non-affiliate are getting tired of all of this and are now beginning to put it all on ignore.
Well, yours might be a reasonable point, given those numbers.

Your theory might be making the argument for the Dems to go hard to the base. In an equal or near equal turnout, Dems prevail, at least in the pop vote, due to their superior numbers. But that's a strategy I'm not very comfortable with. It did work for Trump though, but I believe 2016 was somewhat unique. But I don't know for sure if it was unique, or if it was an inflection point? I'm leaning toward "unique".

The only potentially positive outcome, politically, for the Democrats pursuing impeachment hearings is that the majority of voters (who didn't even bother reading the Mueller Report, but love the drama of live-tv hearings) might actually learn and understand how damned corrupt this entire administration is, and be sobered by the reality that if Trump gets away with unbridled financial corruption, obstruction, and abuse of power, a precedent will be set for future presidents to behave the same damned way as long as they are protected by at least one majority in congress.

Then the polls may take a shocking change, GOP senators may see their own constituents burning up their emails/twitter feeds, and realize that those who actually vote for them are in danger of changing their mind unless they do their damned jobs.

That's a long shot, folks... but it could happen. It happened exactly that way with Nixon's impeachment hearings.

The only potentially positive outcome, politically, for the Democrats pursuing impeachment hearings is that the majority of voters (who didn't even bother reading the Mueller Report, but love the drama of live-tv hearings) might actually learn and understand how damned corrupt this entire administration is, and be sobered by the reality that if Trump gets away with unbridled financial corruption, obstruction, and abuse of power, a precedent will be set for future presidents to behave the same damned way as long as they are protected by at least one majority in congress.

Then the polls may take a shocking change, GOP senators may see their own constituents burning up their emails/twitter feeds, and realize that those who actually vote for them are in danger of changing their mind unless they do their damned jobs.

That's a long shot, folks... but it could happen. It happened exactly that way with Nixon's impeachment hearings.

If only Nixon would have had nunes, mcconnell, mcgahn, and possibly this USSC. 73/74 was my junior year in college. It’s exactly the same to me, except for the quantum leaps in technology.

Imagine the 4 Congressional Leaders meeting with #45 tomorrow.

Do you throw spilled salt over your shoulder, avoid ladders and such? The President has done nothing that warrants impeachment. Why not join in the cry to stop the silliness and if the President loses the next election(currently a terrible long shot) then you and yours can open the borders, keep letting China, Mexico, and even worse, Canada, eat out lunch. I hope you are happy subsidizing NATO and ignoring North Korea. Sure sounds like a recipe for success(sorry, sarcasm here), just not for America. I'm afraid those are the things he's done that so worry the worriers, but have greatly benefitted the country. Maybe not all, but I believe the next election will show, most approve.
Regards,
CP

Why do you think Pelosi is resisting?

I’m curious if she’s waiting for the IG’s report to see what’s in it. Be hard to justify impeaching a President if there were shenanigans involved when the process started.

Wonder away. As far as I can tell it's hotter than ever because thanks to Trump's continued obstruction, it keeps getting worse.

I’m curious if she’s waiting for the IG’s report to see what’s in it. Be hard to justify impeaching a President if there were shenanigans involved when the process started.

An apology is due the American republic from those dolt's who continue smearing the President. If they will just do that, I promise to refrain from calling for the impeachment of any new Democratic President. If not, all is in play.
Regards,
CP

An apology is due the American republic from those dolt's who continue smearing the President. If they will just do that, I promise to refrain from calling for the impeachment of any new Democratic President. If not, all is in play.
Regards,
CP

Well, we’ll see what’s in the report. Even if it’s bad, it’s not like Trump has clean hands in all this.

Well, we’ll see what’s in the report. Even if it’s bad, it’s not like Trump has clean hands in all this.

I am certainly waiting to see what the IG brings forward. I am confident it will be a wind change in the sails of the President Trump hipsters. As to whether they are mature enough to admit falling for propaganda from the ultraleft and other opponents of our system, remains to be seen. I fear there was a true attack on the Republic, but it originated from the corrupt Washington DC machine and their desire for"business as usual". The final grade of this whole assault on American political machinations will be the ability of the citizens to admit they were duped by the left.
Regards,
CP

That could be it. It could be she knows the Senate won't go along with it, so it will just be an action with no teeth, like Billy.

Then there is the fallout among the citizens.

I think the precedent the New Democratic Party has set will leave a very dark stain on the Country for many years to come. This isn't a blow job in the Oval Office. This is an attempt to eliminate a duly elected President of the United States buy political objective.

The next Dem in the White House has no chance. They will spend every moment of their administration defending themselves against never ending relentless attacks from an unending line of accusers.

From differing points of views yes. The GOP thought perjury or lying to congress was important enough for impeachment even though most Americans opposed it. Democrats thought it no big thing, Republicans did. Today I guess its obstruction, Democrats think it is a big deal, Republicans say obstruction of what when no collusion was there. You can't have obstruction when there was no crime. Again, most Americans oppose impeachment today or just don't care about it.

Different reasons for sure for the want for impeachment. But the opposing party thought, thinks, the crime warrants impeachment, the party of the president doesn't, independents mixed to no caring since they aren't in either camp. Bill was certainly more liked by independents than Trump, during the impeachment process Bill's job approval rose from 59% up to 66% among independents. A way of independents stating we don't want Bill to be removed. Once the trial was over, Bill's job approval among independents dropped back to 50% in May of 1999. I think most independents viewed Bill's impeachment as a partisan political ploy.

Independents could view the impeachment of Trump the same way. We don't know that as it hasn't happened yet, but the possibility exist. Not unsurprisingly, 36% of independents haven't any views on impeachment, probably given up paying attention to the battle between Trump and the democrats. I think independents have gotten just plain tired of it. I could be wrong, but after 2 1/2 years of this stuff, it is basically yesterdays news.

Well, yours might be a reasonable point, given those numbers.

Your theory might be making the argument for the Dems to go hard to the base. In an equal or near equal turnout, Dems prevail, at least in the pop vote, due to their superior numbers. But that's a strategy I'm not very comfortable with. It did work for Trump though, but I believe 2016 was somewhat unique. But I don't know for sure if it was unique, or if it was an inflection point? I'm leaning toward "unique".

I agree. The Democrats have the larger base and have had since FDR. Also 2016 was the most unique election we ever had. It was between the two most unwanted major party candidates in our history. 56% of all Americans viewed Hillary unfavorably or didn't like or want her, 60% viewed Trump unfavorably or didn't like or want him. That is the record for the highest unfavorable's going back to FDR. Goldwater in 1964 held the record for the highest unfavorable at 47% until Trump and Hillary came around. Barry can now rest in peace knowing he isn't the most unlike presidential candidate anymore.

Yes, turnout was an very important factor in 2016. The Democratic base had a six point advantage in numbers, but that shrunk to three among those who actually voted. Meaning the Republicans had the higher percentage turnout. Hillary's ho hum campaign and lack of campaign appearances, hitting the trail led to a lack of enthusiasm for the democratic base to turn out. Trump was always full of energy and that inspired his base. His supporters would go to the four corners of the earth for him, Hillary's, some wouldn't even go to the polls for her.

Strange as it might seem, the same thing occurred in 2000. The Democratic base had a 5 point electoral advantage, but only 3 when it came to actual turnout. The statue Gore didn't inspire either. If the Democratic base had turned out, Gore and Hillary would have both won.

I don't think the Democratic base will have that problem in 2020 regardless of whom is their nominee. Trump is a great motivator even if their candidate isn't. That was seen during the midterms. The Democratic base had only a three point party advantage in 2018 but come turnout, the democratic advantage increased to five points. It was the Republicans who stayed home more than the democrats.

Wonder away. As far as I can tell it's hotter than ever because thanks to Trump's continued obstruction, it keeps getting worse.

That's one point of view. But I think numbers back mine up. I could be wrong, but I think after 2 1/2 years this whole thing has got pretty tiresome to those who aren't in either the pro or anti Trump camps. Time will tell.

Now... If someone would just kick Pelosi in the but and get her moving...

Awesome, amazing how the radical left is so bent on destroying Trump instead of doing the work of the American people. How does getting rid of Trump benefit the American public? You radicals really don't give a damn about creating a constitutional crisis and using trumped up charges calling them "high crimes and misdemeanors" to overturn the election results in which you lost.

I have come to realize that you people truly aren't Americans who care about your country as you care more about your socialist ideology and having someone tell you what you want to hear. Destroying this country from within seems to be the goal of radicals like you.

Back
Top Bottom