• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

D.C. Sued over Black Lives Matter Painted on City Streets

Decorations and symbols brought in by employees are protected if they are seen as mostly secular in nature (Christmas trees and similar decorations). If the actual government provides (sponsors) them, that becomes the issue.

You think when towns hang Christmas decorations and lights all over the place every year those are all brought in by employes. You just keep making yourself look more and more clueless.

Last edited:
Get it straight, I said Black Lives Matter isn’t a political message. Black Live Matter is a social movement, not a political one. And members speaking in support of that movement at the DNC convention does not change that.

Both major parties invite speakers representing a variety causes. One of the speakers at the 2016 RNC conference was Peter Thiel, PayPal co-founder, who spoke about technology, the economy, and gay rights.

Not “commander and chief”, Commander-in-Chief. As a military member, you don’t have any excuse for not knowing this.

Here ya go!
https://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/dodd/134410p.pdf
https://osc.gov/Documents/Outreach ...tch Act and Most Federal Employees Poster.pdf
Military Political Activity Restrictions | Military.com
Again, you really have no excuse for not already knowing this.

Sorry but black lives mattered as much a political movement as well as a social movement. Pretending otherwise doesn’t change that.

It’s called a typo. Get over it.

Care to post the law not some random links. And it’s obvious you didn’t find the actual law and just threw crap at the wall seeing as your last link was talking about Dod members and civilians. Not the president. Or do you think presidents are breaking the law when holding political rallies.

Last edited:
D.C. Sued over Black Lives Matter Painted on City Streets | Judicial Watch

Should judical watch be allowed to paint their message on the street too?
Why or why not?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If one group is allowed, then all groups should be allowed. All or none. What's good for the goose should be good for the gander. What's allowed for BLM should be allowed for every other group. There should be not picking and choosing based on political ideology or anything else.

Now the city painted Black Live Matters, so if Judicial Watch requests the city to paint their slogan, the city should do so. The city then allowed BLM to go paint their slogan, so the city should then be allowing anyone and everyone to go about the city painting theirs. All or none.

Well BLM shouldn't have been, nor gay rights, a woman's rights to her own body, or sensible immigration laws. The extreme right wing of the GOP has pandered to the scared white Americans who fear being a minority. The shoe being put on their foot doesn't seem to appeal to them. Who'da thunk... :roll:

The GOP wants to return to the 50's on cultural issues. Thinks somehow bringing back major industries will reset society. The Dems know longing for the good ol' days is futile. One the one hand the rabid right claims we should adapt to climate change and not try to stop it, but seems completely against cultural climate change and want to stand against the winds of change... :confused:

You present yourself as a military protocol expert- has ANY President labeled anything with a political campaign slogan??? :peace

I really don’t care about your biased rant.

I didn’t ask if it had ever been done. I said by the defense of DC by some posters on here then the president should be able to.

Ah, now I get your 'alternate facts' POV. You see things that aren't there. Supposed dozens of crimes committed and yet tRump's lapdog hasn't indicted ANYONE and we all know tRump was on the warpath after he was impeached. You see some admission when none was given.

But you prove my point- lie after lie was told about dems and indictments and there are still no indictments... :peace
Its true there have not been any indictments yet and I am very skeptical if there ever will be any but its a bit premature to point to that as evidence of no wrong doing while there is still an active investigation in progress. It has also been established that there were chargable offenses uncovered that the doj has declined to charge so far but that can change.

Here's I took some photos of the event, and I accept your apology. They actually blocked the freeway entrance for several minutes so we all put our cars and parked and waved while they waved back. So great to live in a country where people from all walks of life want to effect positive changes.

View attachment 67286519

The rest of your post are is just the paranoid, bigoted rantings a frightened person not comfortable with people of color getting "uppity".
I dont see many people of color in your picture. The majority of the people appear to be white and female

Everything you posted is, again, essentially a lie. The south has been the source of the country's racism primarily for centuries. I.

then tell me WHY it is that the NORTHERN LIBERAL STATES are the ones having so much of a problem with it now?

I dont see many people of color in your picture. The majority of the people appear to be white and female

Yep, see post #248 in this thread. I commented on that as well.

Sorry but black lives mattered as much a political movement as well as a social movement. Pretending otherwise doesn’t change that.
Do you even know what a political movement is? Political movements have political goals. What political goal do you think BLM is trying to achieve?

It’s called a typo. Get over it.
And this ^^ is a obvious weak ass lie.

You didn’t misspell anything. You typed, purposely, correctly spelled wrong words.

Care to post the law not some random links. And it’s obvious you didn’t find the actual law and just threw crap at the wall seeing as your last link was talking about Dod members and civilians. Not the president. Or do you think presidents are breaking the law when holding political rallies.
Two things are obvious here. First, you didn’t review any of the attached links, or weren’t able to comprehend what you read because one of the links referenced the Hatch Act, which is a law. Although the president is exempt from most provisions of the Hatch Act, other federal officials, including his staff and advisors (those that are federal employees) are forbidden from conducting any political activities, including public displays, endorsing/promoting a political candidate on federal property.

As a matter of long-standing policy, military service members and federal employees acting in their official capacity may not engage in activities that associate the DOD with any partisan political campaign or elections, candidate, cause or issue. The limitations of participation can be found in DOD Directive 1344.10, Political Activities by Members of the Armed Forces, and the Hatch Act.
What is the policy for participating in political campaigns? > U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE > FAQ

then tell me WHY it is that the NORTHERN LIBERAL STATES are the ones having so much of a problem with it now?

The north has always had some people who are racist also. The difference is, they don't like it.

I really don’t care about your biased rant. I didn’t ask if it had ever been done. I said by the defense of DC by some posters on here then the president should be able to.

OMG you think that is a rant????? :shock:

I thought you were of sterner stuff, but oh well the military has changed since my day... :(

My post was focused on you trying to say (in a rather weak tea way) that BLM is a political movement- it is a civil rights movement some in the GOP are now onboard with.

My view of which political party serves whom is not unique to me. The GOP made a calculation back in the 80's on who they would represent, the Dems look to represent everyone else. Race, gender identification and a woman's right to choose should have bi-partisan support, not be a political football.

Personally I would welcome tRump ordering one of his slogans painted somewhere in DC. Between his race baiting and cries of commie/anarchist/ rioters he would piss off more rational Americans further isolating him and his party.

We live in interesting times... :peace

I don't do school yard taunts. I don't do debate tricks. I don't engage with people who are except to point it out.

Your post was not even up to the level of a school yard taunt, however it was a poorly attempted debate trick.

Judicial Watch has announced that the message they want to paint is their motto, "No One Is Above The Law".

Sounds good to me.

The President might be a little sensitive about that right now....
aren't they on his side?

IMO, "MAKE YOUR LIFE MATTER" should be the message.

Back
Top Bottom