• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Creative cussers

Quoting "Groundhog Day" would be EPIC!! OK, it's Sir Walter Scott...but it was deployed to great effect in the movie.

High though his titles, proud his name,
Boundless his wealth as wish can claim
Despite those titles, power, and pelf,
The wretch, concentred all in self,
Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
And, doubly dying, shall go down
To the vile dust from whence he sprung,
Unwept, unhonored , and unsung

Or, were it me, I'd just tell the sob that if he ever came near or spoke to my child again, I would end him. The end.:2wave:

OK. You want to retaliate. What do you plan to do?

"Retaliate" isn't the correct word. I don't want to do that. I want to say, "How dare you talk to my kid like that?" I want him to know that I know--to hold him to account-- and say that his behavior is unacceptable.

"Retaliate" isn't the correct word. I don't want to do that. I want to say, "How dare you talk to my kid like that?" I want him to know that I know--to hold him to account-- and say that his behavior is unacceptable.

If not retaliate, what would you call it?

Or, were it me, I'd just tell the sob that if he ever came near or spoke to my child again, I would end him. The end.:2wave:

This is what I would like to say. No point, though, when I can't back it up. He's three times my sizes. Although I think Freud was wrong about penis envy, this isn't the first time I've wished I were a big, tall man and physically intimidating.

It's not spin.

Not sure why you're dogging me here.

Introspect. Think this through. Be sure of your response...that it's worthwhile.

EDIT: I'm sure others in your community already have a negative opinion of the man.
Who knows? You may be able to get to know the guy. Why is he so 'mean' ?
He's your neighbor. Isn't it worthwhile to get to know your neighbor?
You may get an apology from him. Isn't that as good as a retort?

Last edited:
Introspect. Think this through. Be sure of your response...that it's worthwhile.

EDIT: I'm sure others in your community already have a negative opinion of the man.

They do.
Who knows? You may be able to get to know the guy. Why is he so 'mean' ?

I do know him. Have known him since 1981. I don't care why he's mean. He's a vicious brute who beat his wife and locked his children in a dark room with no windows for hours at a time and beat them. First son escaped into the Navy. Daughter escaped. The two sons who are my kids' ages are just like him.

He's your neighbor. Isn't it worthwhile to get to know your neighbor?

Papa, don't preach. He's been my former neighbor for many years, and I like it that way.

You may get an apology from him. Isn't that as good as a retort?

:lamo

Hmmmm.... so many different ways to go here.....

The high handed one involves saying just that "What makes you think you can talk to my daughter like that" and go from there.

The low handed one involves telling him to go **** himself with a pineapple then throwing rotten pineapples on his front porch.

The drift I want anybody in hearing distance to get is that he's an abusive asshole. I cannot even believe that he said what he did to my kid.

But I should pray for him. Sigh.

Oh this sounds like fun.

My Dad, who in 40 years I never heard swear once, had some good ones.

"If your brains was dynamite, they wouldn't blow your nose."
"If you were an axe, you'd almost be sharp enough to cut white pine." (white pine is very soft wood)
"He ain't got both oars in the water".
"His elevator don't go all the way to the top."
"Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while."
"He can't get out of his own way."

One of my personal favorites: "All hat, no cattle."

"Tinhorn chicken-livered woman-beater" has a nice ring to it also.

Standing up.

had your daughter spoken up at the time of the incident, this would have been an accurate description

it is not at this later date

Oh this sounds like fun.

My Dad, who in 40 years I never heard swear once, had some good ones.

"If your brains was dynamite, they wouldn't blow your nose."
"If you were an axe, you'd almost be sharp enough to cut white pine." (white pine is very soft wood)
"He ain't got both oars in the water".
"His elevator don't go all the way to the top."
"Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while."
"He can't get out of his own way."

One of my personal favorites: "All hat, no cattle."

"Tinhorn chicken-livered woman-beater" has a nice ring to it also.

It does.

I've always loved "All hat; no cattle." Really resonates when you know how to spot a real cowboy. ;)

Heard a new one last week on TV: His cord is a few inches short of the outlet.

had your daughter spoken up at the time of the incident, this would have been an accurate description

it is not at this later date

That's what my friend said at lunch yesterday.

It does.

I've always loved "All hat; no cattle." Really resonates when you know how to spot a real cowboy. ;)

Heard a new one last week on TV: His cord is a few inches short of the outlet.

I heard that one, too...I like it...

This is what I would like to say. No point, though, when I can't back it up. He's three times my sizes. Although I think Freud was wrong about penis envy, this isn't the first time I've wished I were a big, tall man and physically intimidating.

Freud was a sick man and tortured his patients to get the responses he wanted. Everything he's done has been utterly discredited except one book on dreams that he plagiarized.

He is a wife-beater, child abuser, and also an animal abuser, an all-around mean guy.

There is no need for you to reply to that brute.

If he abuses women, children, and animals, one telephone call to the right authorities will make him wish that he had never been born.

There is no need for you to reply to that brute.

If he abuses women, children, and animals, one telephone call to the right authorities will make him wish that he had never been born.

He's also a former constable. ;)

They do.

I do know him. Have known him since 1981. I don't care why he's mean. He's a vicious brute who beat his wife and locked his children in a dark room with no windows for hours at a time and beat them. First son escaped into the Navy. Daughter escaped. The two sons who are my kids' ages are just like him.

Papa, don't preach. He's been my former neighbor for many years, and I like it that way.

:lamo

So you don't want our input, you've made up your mind. Why the pretense of the thread?

So you don't want our input, you've made up your mind. Why the pretense of the thread?

Why are you up my ass on this thread?

She's technically an adult and old enough to say, "I don't need my mommie to fight my battles."

Then, if she lives by him, have security cameras around the house. That's normally a city concept, but you can do it in the country too. Video evidence is wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom