• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cover versions that are better than the original

The original (BTW I don't think Duane played on this tune despite his picture)

Don't know if the cover is better, but its great

If you had to pick ten classic british hard rock songs, most people would have this on their list

-it has everything you could want from three guys-all who were at the very top of their craft

but this cover is pretty damn good even though IMHO Eric was never the singer the late great Jack Bruce was

WTF did I just watch??? :lamo

It was excellent, though! :thumbs:

Necro alert. Puddles is on this seasons America's Got Talent and has made it thru his first two performances and has advance to the live shows. Pretty cool.

Necro alert. Puddles is on this seasons America's Got Talent and has made it thru his first two performances and has advance to the live shows. Pretty cool.
Thanks for that, azgreg.

WTF did I just watch??? :lamo

It was excellent, though! :thumbs:

I was an excellent interpretation of the song, but I really don't get the clown outfit. It doesn't seem to have any relevance to the performance. Is it just that guy's gimmick?

Excellent voice work though. I'd like to see them do a number that hasn't been done to death with cover versions.

I was an excellent interpretation of the song, but I really don't get the clown outfit. It doesn't seem to have any relevance to the performance. Is it just that guy's gimmick?

Excellent voice work though. I'd like to see them do a number that hasn't been done to death with cover versions.
Yep, it's his shtick!

Colin Hay at his most hearbreaking. A 'cover' because it's not like the original. Song about regret, wisdom, stopping drinking and losing a woman. Emotionally, it's just to the right of a nuclear bomb.

However, I think this was the best cover ever since Jimi was not the original artist. This song made Hendrix an international superstar and showed why so many people rate him as the greatest rock guitarist ever. (Noel Redding's bass line is something special too)

TD, What Hendrix song did you post there? The link is broken. Just the title and album - don't really need a link. TIA.

TD, What Hendrix song did you post there? The link is broken. Just the title and album - don't really need a link. TIA.

Probably "All Along the Watchtower" based on the stuff TD wrote.

Richard Cheese everybody.

The guys real name is Mike Geier. He hosts Big Mike Geier's Elvis Royale every year.

Another one as Puddles.

Dirty Old Town- the Pogues

That's it. Nobody needs to do that song again.

This version of Pablo Picasso is a lot grittier than the Modern Lovers original. It just kind of sounds "right".

I wish the audio was better on this version by the Talking Heads because Bavid Byrne probably could have nailed it.

Here's the original just for comparison

Iggy is still the master but Joan Jett just shreds his classic "I Wanna be your Dog"

Better than the original? No, but very well done. Sheryl takes ownership of the song while preserving the integrity of the original.

saw LC play this live in Cincinnati's Riverfront Stadium opening for the Stones in 89. Like their cover of the Talking Heads' version best

A number of covers of Left Banke's "Walk Away Rene" are out there and some (Linda Ronstadt and Four Tops come to mind) but this cover is one of my preferred

And now, for the ladies, here's the David Cassidy version

Back
Top Bottom