• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cops Shoot Up A Minivan Full Of Kids & Crazy Mom. New Mexico

Trained "hundreds", yea that's were I quit reading.

Yeah, don't want to burst your little bubble now do you? Fact is I have trained hundreds and been schooled some myself. Fact is that cop pooched the deal. Fact is deadly force is serious business and it's PROPER use is stressed repeatedly through out a LEO's career. That wasn't an example of acceptable use.

(and it's wHere you quit reading) :2wave:

In what universe is it considered good police work to fire on a van holding five children? Oh, I forgot. It's your universe.

In Tiggerland. :lol:

In what universe is it considered good police work to fire on a van holding five children? Oh, I forgot. It's your universe.

Then you advocate disarming all PDs, because I doubt he knew there were "5 poor innocent chren" in the van driven by mother of the year. And clearly he was aiming for a tire. Not the innocent babies inside.
Yes, you can see the dripping sarcasm.

Which matters not to your claims.
You advocated it was a good shoot, yet his dismissal says otherwise.
And you continue to support his actions even though they are wrong.

Wrong on both counts.
Some do think like you, but their thinking is not right, just as yours is not.
If any type of right, it is an ideologically extreme right, which makes it wrong as well.

And he can appeal all he wants.
He was still wrong.

From your link.
Gov. Susana Martinez said Monday she supported the decision by New Mexico State Police Chief Pete Kassetas to fire Montoya.

"You don't use deadly force against someone who is not threatening you with deadly force," said Martinez, a former district attorney whose husband is a retired law enforcement officer.
What are two politicians going to do? Bend to the cries of the ignorant public. Its their job.

What are two politicians going to do? Bend to the cries of the ignorant public. Its their job.
Oy Vey!
:doh
The cop was in the wrong.
That is not bending to an ignorant public.

Well not for scumbag mothers that endanger children.

Or scumbag cops shooting in the vicinity of kids, endangering them as well.

His actions at the scene will be taken into consideration. Money says charges will be dropped to at least all misdemeanors. She will sue, win big and LE will find themselves strapped further in doing their job.

Her actions are independent of what he did. Everything prior to his shooting would still be criminally prosecuted.

Well seeing as you think all cops are scumbags, your opinion has no impact on me.

Right... like that is anything close to what he has said... making your statement worthless.

:lol:

How is the public, or me, ignorant in this case? Any reasonable person can see full well that the cop fired his weapon at a van with kids in it that was of no threat to any of the officers.

:lol:

Then you advocate disarming all PDs, because I doubt he knew there were "5 poor innocent chren" in the van driven by mother of the year. And clearly he was aiming for a tire. Not the innocent babies inside.
Yes, you can see the dripping sarcasm.

That is the point... that he didn't know who was inside nor if there was any direct danger to the police. The ****ing idiot decided, instead of finding out, to shoot.

He should not only be fired but jailed...

Well seeing as you think all cops are scumbags, your opinion has no impact on me.

That's not my opinion, that's just dishonest hyperbole. Try to make an argument without it for once.

His actions at the scene will be taken into consideration. Money says charges will be dropped to at least all misdemeanors. She will sue, win big and LE will find themselves strapped further in doing their job.

Ummm the rule about not shooting at a van full of children has been around for years, there is no strapping involved. :roll:

Dollars to donuts in a classroom environment that same Officer would have called the scenario a 'don't shoot' one. 95% of his classmates would say the same.

Now about the whine on the 'criminal walking free'... that same system that allows for that (and again has for years) also allows the cop to improperly use deadly force and not be charged (again and has for years)

The driver may have 'triggered' the incident but the cop yanking on his sent the whole deal south.

Then you advocate disarming all PDs, because I doubt he knew there were "5 poor innocent chren" in the van driven by mother of the year. And clearly he was aiming for a tire. Not the innocent babies inside. Yes, you can see the dripping sarcasm.

More BS, even on the dash cam video you can hear the children screaming. Unless New Mexico hires deaf Officers the cop ignored the children's screams.

Clearly aiming at the tire- more BS.

First how many times do we have cops firing 30+ times at people, at fairly close range, and hit a handful of times? So how many times did this cop hit what he aimed at?

Next if you have ANY firing experience off a nice berm encased one way range you would know bullets hitting steel, concrete, asphalt, etc do this thing some like to call ricochet.

Last the rules LEO follow are very clear on when deadly force, even against tires, can be applied. (You keep ignoring that tiny detail)

More BS, even on the dash cam video you can hear the children screaming. Unless New Mexico hires deaf Officers the cop ignored the children's screams.

Clearly aiming at the tire- more BS.

Clearly aiming at the rear tire. Yes its clear to see from the vid.

Ummm the rule about not shooting at a van full of children has been around for years, there is no strapping involved. :roll:

Dollars to donuts in a classroom environment that same Officer would have called the scenario a 'don't shoot' one. 95% of his classmates would say the same.

Now about the whine on the 'criminal walking free'... that same system that allows for that (and again has for years) also allows the cop to improperly use deadly force and not be charged (again and has for years)

The driver may have 'triggered' the incident but the cop yanking on his sent the whole deal south.
So where is the pic of this "shot up" van?

Anyone have pics of the 'shot up' minivan? Did it look just like Bonnie & Clyde's Ford. What was the minivan doing when the shots were fired at the tires? Running away from the police is what they were doing.

Anyone have pics of the 'shot up' minivan? Did it look just like Bonnie & Clyde's Ford. What was the minivan doing when the shots were fired at the tires? Running away from the police is what they were doing.

Who is that "they" that were running away?:roll:

In retrospect I have no doubt the officer knew what he did was wrong. He simply lacked the demeanor to handle an instant think-fast decision in a stressful situation. This is not rare, doesn't mean he's evil, and is difficult to spot and train for. Simply, he lacked the temperament needed.

His actions were fully unacceptable and thankfully he didn't kill one of those kids. I suspect no one more regrets his conduct than himself. Because no one was hurt, I think discharging him was sufficient. I don't see her as having any basis for a lawsuit.

Clearly aiming at the rear tire. Yes its clear to see from the vid.

Typical CON game- highly selective and dodging the entire issue... it is also very clear sound- of kids screaming in the minivan :roll:

The cop can 'clearly aim' all he wants, but hitting what he aimed at and not hitting anyone/thing else is another matter- again if you do any stress firing you'd know that. The ENTIRE issue was did he hit the tire he 'clearly aimed at'? YES or NO

Was there just as good a chance of an errant bullet striking the fuel tank, child screaming in the back or even a fellow Officer as clearly the firing cop was not as close as some of the other Officers? YES or NO

Typical CON game- highly selective and dodging the entire issue... it is also very clear sound- of kids screaming in the minivan :roll:

The cop can 'clearly aim' all he wants, but hitting what he aimed at and not hitting anyone/thing else is another matter- again if you do any stress firing you'd know that. The ENTIRE issue was did he hit the tire he 'clearly aimed at'? YES or NO

Was there just as good a chance of an errant bullet striking the fuel tank, child screaming in the back or even a fellow Officer as clearly the firing cop was not as close as some of the other Officers? YES or NO

Typical lib game, move the goal posts. Change the game.

Typical lib game, move the goal posts. Change the game.

Typical CON quibble, lose badly and pout the game was changed... No Sir, I showed where you made some very bad statements- trying to of all things claim until now it was OK for cops to shoot at vans full of kids, coz NOW the cops are strapped down by being denied that ability.... :roll:

Fact is I know the use of deadly force was NOT permitted and the Cop is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom