• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Constitutional carry now in effect in Oklahoma.

I will say though that my daughter has told me she was very comforted carrying her M4 if she had to make a night time trip to the Porta Potty.

And to think if she did that in the US she would go to prison for 10-25 years.

And to think if she did that in the US she would go to prison for 10-25 years.

I don't think my daughter would consider that capability in a self defense weapon was crucial. (I don't think she would have anything against someone who did want that though, either.) I know when she asked if I would lend her something to keep in her house temporarily, she- with some input from me- chose something that looks and acts a lot like an M4 (Core 15 Scout).

Your 'warzone' argument is going to backfire because everyone had a machinegun on them and there were no green-on-green mass shootings. We even *gasp* carried our machine guns into private businesses and the federal post office. You can post your data if you like but your entire 'warzone' argument doesn't matter in the first place, so there's no way you can 'win' with it. My location is listed under my avatar.

Well yeah I know. When it comes to bullheaded conservative arguments, how can ANYONE ever win? War zones are safer than civilian areas? Yeah sure, why not?

Every single scientific organization on the entire planet is wrong on climate change, but some Manhattan real estate guy is the one who really knows what he is talking about on the subject. Yeah sure, OK.

Obama’s deficit while trying to dig us out of the greatest recession in our history was irresponsible, but Trump’s ballooning deficit in the middle of an ongoing economic expansion, just so he can cut taxes to the wealthiest, is a good example of prudent conservative fiscal policy.

Up is down and down is up.

Yeah OK bud. They say so on Fox News, so it must be right.

:lamo

I was referring specifically to hammers, knives, and rifles. You invented everything else.

You have anti-American Democrat candidate scum demanding that we ban and confiscate rifles, specifically the AR-15, yet they are completely moot about hammers and knives which have killed considerably more Americans. That means they obviously care nothing about the lives or safety of others. As usual their only agenda is to disarm all Americans. It is already their publicly stated goal, so don't try to deny it.

Actually, I do. From the illegal law itself.

Everything about the Democratic Party was created out of sheer spite. It was the leftist Andrew Jackson, the founder of the Democratic Party, that deprived native Americans of their lives and liberties in the Trail of Tears. It was the Democratic Party - and ONLY the Democratic Party - that owned every slave in the US in 1861. It was the Democratic Party that started the Civil War in order to preserve slavery.

The Democratic Party has always vehemently opposed life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness since their inception 191 years ago. Making them the anti-American Party, a.k.a. the Party of Hate. If you were not already aware of these facts then you are in serious need of an American history lesson, because it is very well documented.

“I was referring specifically to hammers, knives, and rifles. You invented everything else.”

The point is, guns are more dangerous to lives than are hammers and knives. More people are killed by firearm than by blunt and sharp instrument. When stronger gun law is enacted, deaths by firearm go down and so does total deaths, regardless of instrument. Meaning, when denied the accessibility of a gun, a person does not then find another instrument of violence and carryout an act that results in death as likely as would be if those firearms were available.

“ban and confiscate rifles, specifically the AR-15”

What law requires confiscation of previously legal AR-15?

“You have anti-American Democrat candidate scum demanding that we, yet they are completely moot about hammers and knives which have killed considerably more Americans.”

Death by sharp instrument has already been addressed by such law as limiting the blade length to 6 inches. And to carry blunt weapons addressed by such law as “nunchucks” and brass “knuckles” being prohibited.

That “It is already their (the Democrats) publicly stated goal, so don't try to deny it” to “disarm all Americans” is false. You can’t prove it.

“ban and confiscate rifles, specifically the AR-15”

What law requires confiscation of previously legal AR-15?

"Actually, I do. From the illegal law itself."

So, where in the law, what passage(s) do you get that the purpose of the law was “to specifically create massacre magnets?” Those were your words, you know. Back up your own words.

“Everything about the Democratic Party was created out of sheer spite. It was the leftist Andrew Jackson, the founder of the Democratic Party, that deprived native Americans of their lives and liberties in the Trail of Tears. It was the Democratic Party - and ONLY the Democratic Party - that owned every slave in the US in 1861. It was the Democratic Party that started the Civil War in order to preserve slavery.”

It was the Democratic party that were the conservatives of the day. As history has shown, civil rights turned the southern Dems into Reps, but they stayed conservatives. It was the liberal NE party of Lincoln, the Republican, that were the liberals of the day. BTW, if anything, those Dems of the day were pro-gun, by far.

“The Democratic Party has always vehemently opposed life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness since their inception 191 years ago. Making them the anti-American Party, a.k.a. the Party of Hate. If you were not already aware of these facts then you are in serious need of an American history lesson, because it is very well documented.”

Documentation that you can’t provide.

“I was referring specifically to hammers, knives, and rifles. You invented everything else.”

The point is, guns are...
There you go changing the topic yet again. Why do you have such difficulty comprehending the difference between "rifles" and "guns?" Could it be that you've lost the argument and are now trying to change the topic (again) to try to someone change that reality? Sorry, that isn't going to cut it with me.

Hammers and knives kill more people than rifles. Yet the anti-American fascist left are demanding that rifles, specifically the AR-15 rifle, be banned. Which is proof that the anti-American fascist left don't give a damn about American lives or safety, they just want the rifle banned. After all the anti-American fascist left cannot enslave the masses, as they have long desired, so long as they are armed.

Death by sharp instrument has already been addressed by such law as limiting the blade length to 6 inches. And to carry blunt weapons addressed by such law as “nunchucks” and brass “knuckles” being prohibited.
Those may be the oppressive and illegal laws of your State, but not mine. My State acknowledges and protects the individual right to keep and bear arms. That includes knives, regardless of blade length, nun-chucks, brass knuckles, or any other bearable weapon you wish to use. I feel sorry for you having to live in such a fascist sh*thole where your individual rights are oppressed.

It was the Democratic party that were the conservatives of the day.
More leftist lies. The Democratic Party has always been the party of leftist cowards and fascists, from Andrew Jackson, to FDR, to Obama. Everyone of them a fascist POS leftist scum.

...the anti-American fascist left don't give a damn about American lives or safety, they just want the rifle banned....

But the anti-American fascist right DO give a damn ?

Why are left wing politics and economics so fearful to you ?

...I feel sorry for you having to live in such a fascist sh*thole where your individual rights are oppressed.

Why is denying the ability to kill "fascist" and a "****hole"

Take a closer look around Europe and the judge your mythical USA

...the Democratic Party has always been the party of leftist cowards and fascists...everyone of them a fascist POS leftist scum.

The Democratic party is the ONLY political party actually trying to help Americans

It is a huge challenge to surmount the misguided hostility towards gun control but they're not cowards for trying

The Democrats are not fascist, as discussed on another thread, you don't understand what political terms mean like so many politically ignorant Americans.

I grant you that Andrew Jackson was a POS.

Well yeah I know. When it comes to bullheaded conservative arguments, how can ANYONE ever win? War zones are safer than civilian areas? Yeah sure, why not?

Every single scientific organization on the entire planet is wrong on climate change, but some Manhattan real estate guy is the one who really knows what he is talking about on the subject. Yeah sure, OK.

Obama’s deficit while trying to dig us out of the greatest recession in our history was irresponsible, but Trump’s ballooning deficit in the middle of an ongoing economic expansion, just so he can cut taxes to the wealthiest, is a good example of prudent conservative fiscal policy.

Up is down and down is up.

Yeah OK bud. They say so on Fox News, so it must be right.

:lamo
Please tell TurtleDude you think I'm a Conservative, because he thinks I'm a Liberal gun-banner :D

You partisan hacks are all the same regardless of which side of the isle you're on :lol:

Last edited:
Wrong, as usual....
You can't own a modern M4. That's just a fact. You can't even get a special license for one. They're totally banned.

So that stopped the innocent bystanders from dying?
Imagine how much worse it would have been if there were no armed citizens around to have stopped it.

Did I say otherwise?
Yes, you did.

RF667799: I will say though that my daughter has told me she was very comforted carrying her M4 if she had to make a nighttime trip to the Porta-Potty.
Wayne Jr: And to think if she did that in the US she would go to prison for 10-25 years.
Casper: Wrong, as usual....

If RF's daughter took a modern M4 to a porta-potty, she could face a felony charge landing her in prison for 10-25 because modern M4s are banned from civilian ownership. You can't even get a special license to put one in a Trust.

Yes, you did.

RF667799: I will say though that my daughter has told me she was very comforted carrying her M4 if she had to make a nighttime trip to the Porta-Potty.
Wayne Jr: And to think if she did that in the US she would go to prison for 10-25 years.
Casper: Wrong, as usual....

If RF's daughter took a modern M4 to a porta-potty, she could face a felony charge landing her in prison for 10-25 because modern M4s are banned from civilian ownership.

Ok, when you get that specific, technically you are correct.

It’s almost like words have meaning. [emoji2359]

Imagine how much better it would have been if the criminal had no gun.

And how much better the world would be if people would stop fighting over whose magic sky wizard is better. Too bad we don't live in that world. I agree it's fun to daydream, though.

Ok, when you get that specific, technically you are correct.
The law is very specific, and so we must be also. The difference between the words 'stock' and 'brace' is 10 years in prison, for example. That's kind of a big deal, don't you think?

There you go changing the topic yet again. Why do you have such difficulty comprehending the difference between "rifles" and "guns?" Could it be that you've lost the argument and are now trying to change the topic (again) to try to someone change that reality? Sorry, that isn't going to cut it with me.

Hammers and knives kill more people than rifles. Yet the anti-American fascist left are demanding that rifles, specifically the AR-15 rifle, be banned. Which is proof that the anti-American fascist left don't give a damn about American lives or safety, they just want the rifle banned. After all the anti-American fascist left cannot enslave the masses, as they have long desired, so long as they are armed.

Those may be the oppressive and illegal laws of your State, but not mine. My State acknowledges and protects the individual right to keep and bear arms. That includes knives, regardless of blade length, nun-chucks, brass knuckles, or any other bearable weapon you wish to use. I feel sorry for you having to live in such a fascist sh*thole where your individual rights are oppressed.

More leftist lies. The Democratic Party has always been the party of leftist cowards and fascists, from Andrew Jackson, to FDR, to Obama. Everyone of them a fascist POS leftist scum.

Glitch is not of so rational a mind as for reasoned debate.

Yikes. I'm pro second amendment, but carrying a firearm in public without training of any kind is just asking for trouble. I foresee this as ultimately doing more harm to 2nd amendment rights in OK than good. The 2nd amendment is only as strong as it's dumbest adherent.

There are some states now that require cc permits with no training requirement and they have no more or less gun accidents than other states. WA St, mine, is one of them.

And training has nothing to do with gun crime...no training is needed nor affects that.

Back
Top Bottom