• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CONSERVATIVE areas are driving California’s troubles

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Righties who rant about California are not telling the whole story. This article breaks it down nicely.

(Yes it's DailyKos, but the secondary sources here are not.)

Righties who rant about California are not telling the whole story. This article breaks it down nicely.

So what this article is really saying is that counties in the Central Valley with large numbers of illegal aliens and Latin street gangs have more murders.

Which statistics did the article get factually wrong, Napoleon?
It doesn’t bring up how crime is concentrated in democrat favored constituencies. If you look at police blotters in Kern County the shootings are largely being done by black and Latin street gangs, kind of like everywhere else

So rather than address the legion issues in Democrat cities, the Daily Kos says BUT GUNS in Republican counties.
Fascist fox and their inbred media won’t carry the truth.

Which statistics did the article get factually wrong, Napoleon?

Let’s start with the fact that statistics about Republican counties is not an excuse for or even a good deflection from the Democrat cities being open sewers, drug dens, and bastions of crime. You can’t hide the catastrophic impact of implementing progressive policies in the cities behind gun stats in the counties.

Second, they aren’t even measuring the same thing in their comparison, i.e. they don’t account for the fact that progressive DAs in the cities openly admit they won’t and don’t prosecute some crimes and therefore artificially deflate their crime stats.

Let’s start with the fact that statistics about Republican counties is not an excuse for or even a good deflection from the Democrat cities being open sewers, drug dens, and bastions of crime. You can’t hide the catastrophic impact of implementing progressive policies in the cities behind gun stats in the counties.

Second, they aren’t even measuring the same thing in their comparison, i.e. they don’t account for the fact that progressive DAs in the cities openly admit they won’t and don’t prosecute some crimes and therefore artificially deflate their crime stats.

Not a refutation. Not even close. Try again.

So what this article is really saying is that counties in the Central Valley with large numbers of illegal aliens and Latin street gangs have more murders.
If the article said that, it should be able for you to source it. They didn't.

Got a source for your fat one? Or is it just pulled out of the ether?

Those are rates, not numbers. While I agree that rural Republican counties can be more criminal on a rate basis, they are dwarfed by the absolute numbers coming out of the Bay Area, LA Basin and Inland Empire, and the San Diego region. But thats not politics, thats size of population. Everything coming out of some of the most populous areas of the US are going to be more, crime, but also students in university, GDP, etc.

It also means that of course California will have absolute numbers of more crime than Mississippi. That doesn't mean Mississippi is less violent, it just means the entire population of Mississippi can fit in San Diego.

There are NO Democrat cities, just Democratic ones, Rush ditto head.

the Democrat cities being open sewers
Setting aside the northern area, Southern California doesn't have nearly as many sewers, being a desert and all.

It rained when I first moved there, and there's a road going up to Mt. Baldy that is straight for miles. I literally watched a river form, coming down hill... :eek:

Oh I did, and that's why you are unable to pull anything from it.

That's one weak response.
They didn’t use that language, but I looked at the counties they reference, which the first is Kern county, kern county has massive presence for drug cartels and transient populations of foreign nationals, a problem which the democrats are responsible for

They didn’t use that language, but I looked at the counties they reference, which the first is Kern county, kern county has massive presence for drug cartels and transient populations of foreign nationals, a problem which the democrats are responsible for

The LAT ran an investigative piece on Kern County, a Republican stronghold, a few years ago — local corruption in their equivalent of the old boys’ network. Latinos exploited by a well-connected landlord, unemployment, and drugs — and some really depressed areas in Bakersfield, including Oildale.

Those are rates, not numbers. While I agree that rural Republican counties can be more criminal on a rate basis, they are dwarfed by the absolute numbers coming out of the Bay Area, LA Basin and Inland Empire, and the San Diego region. But thats not politics, thats size of population. Everything coming out of some of the most populous areas of the US are going to be more, crime, but also students in university, GDP, etc.

It also means that of course California will have absolute numbers of more crime than Mississippi. That doesn't mean Mississippi is less violent, it just means the entire population of Mississippi can fit in San Diego.

Wouldn't it be rates, not raw numbers, that would be a better indicator of failed policy?

Wouldn't it be rates, not raw numbers, that would be a better indicator of failed policy?
I am in no way disagreeing. I am just noting that Cali's crime is driven by the Megacities, because it has Megacities. Its just a function of 1. concentrated numbers 2. People don't like each other.

Also, Cali's cities occasionally attacked by some form of Monster or Kaiju. bad for business!

Why are there large numbers of illegals in the Central Valley? Any guesses?

My sister-in-law lived briefly in Del Norte County — Crescent City — on the coast not far from the Oregon border. Major employer was Pelican Bay State Prison, a super-max facility. Another Republican stronghold in an economically depressed area. While near amazing scenery and forests, there was a reason home prices were so low.

Guess who's Congressional District that is.

More unsourced claims. Nobody is accepting your 'expert' opinion. Prove your hyperbolic claims.

Back
Top Bottom