• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Common sense gun control

It reduces straw sales to criminals
If I know someone is prohibited and they are likely to use it in a crime why in hell would I buy for them? To maybe have it come back on me if he got grabbed with it at a crime scene or something.
Or just buy for someone loitering around outside maybe? Yeah real smart.

If I know someone is prohibited and they are likely to use it in a crime why in hell would I buy for them? To maybe have it come back on me if he got grabbed with it at a crime scene or something.
Or just buy for someone loitering around outside maybe? Yeah real smart.

But what if you dont know he is prohibited

Here is my proof...they cant do it currently. They just cant.

Even you admit you dont know how to make them do it.

Political pressure? To do what? Is there a police chief saying he wont enforce the law? No

Cool. Even better! If they cant enforce current gun laws, it's idiotic to think they could/would enforce new ones.

Thanks very much! :2bow:

Your cooperation was appreciated.

Cool. Even better! If they cant enforce current gun laws, it's idiotic to think they could/would enforce new ones.

Thanks very much! :2bow:

Your cooperation was appreciated.

How is that idiotic?

Better laws are easier to enforce.

This is obvious.

Let's try them and see

To make people comply with any law, the penalties for not complying must be harsh enough to ensure obedience.

I nderstand that the typical gun owner does want a huge fine and/or a prison sentence.

WOW! Did you bother reading that before posting or even after? Pay note to the emboldened but also the whole thing.
AND THAT is why we have guns! You just summed it up good.

How is that idiotic?

Better laws are easier to enforce.

This is obvious.

Let's try them and see
:lamo Prove 'better!"

You cant, esp. when 'better' has nothing to do with not enforcing what we already have. You cant, when you have no idea how to make them enforce the ones we do have. You cant know how 'good' our current laws are because they arent being properly enforced :doh

Good lord at least put a little effort into thinking something this important thru.

:lamo Prove 'better!"

You cant, esp. when 'better' has nothing to do with not enforcing what we already have. You cant, when you have no idea how to make them enforce the ones we do have. You cant know how 'good' our current laws are because they arent being properly enforced :doh

Good lord at least put a little effort into thinking something this important thru.

They work in lots of places they have been tried.

It's easy for you to push for something that is impossible.

I want the possible. What has already been shown to work.

You want the status quo

red herring and diversion.

No, it's another example of good guys with guns blowing each other way. If ever there was a sign that common sense is gun control and idiocy is arming everyone, that post is it.

They work in lots of places they have been tried.

It's easy for you to push for something that is impossible.

I want the possible. What has already been shown to work.

You want the status quo

Great...any day they want to try and make the current gun laws we have now work, we'll see.

:lamo You're the one trying to push the impossible...aint happened here yet!

Until then: "f they cant enforce current gun laws, it's idiotic to think they could/would enforce new ones."

Great...any day they want to try and make the current gun laws we have now work, we'll see.

:lamo You're the one trying to push the impossible...aint happened here yet!

Until then: "f they cant enforce current gun laws, it's idiotic to think they could/would enforce new ones."

Try? What is stopping them from trying? Can you see the fail.in your logic?

You are either claiming cops are stupid or lazy.

They are neither.

They need better laws

Try? What is stopping them from trying? Can you see the fail.in your logic?

You are either claiming cops are stupid or lazy.

They are neither.

They need better laws

Asked and answered...no idea why. It's not the fail in my logic, it's the fail in the enforcement.

Why dont you keep asking why the some people dont believe in evolution? I mean...they could...but they wont. And I dont have a solution to make them. Oh well.

And dont put words in my mouth re: cops. Cops dont set policy or budgets, for instance. IMO cops are just fine...so stop lying out of desperation.

So why do you keep asking me for a solution I dont have...that's the fail in your logic. :2wave:

Asked and answered...no idea why. It's not the fail in my logic, it's the fail in the enforcement.

Why dont you keep asking why the some people dont believe in evolution? I mean...they could...but they wont. And I dont have a solution to make them. Oh well.

And dont put words in my mouth re: cops. Cops dont set policy or budgets, for instance. IMO cops are just fine...so stop lying out of desperation.

So why do you keep asking me for a solution I dont have...that's the fail in your logic. :2wave:

I have an answer for that. Those people are stupid.

Cops are not stupid or lazy.

What is the horrible thing that happens if we get better laws?

You might have to fill out a form?

Oh......the horror

I have an answer for that. Those people are stupid.

Cops are not stupid or lazy.

What is the horrible thing that happens if we get better laws?

You might have to fill out a form?

Oh......the horror

I still love paraphrasing Einstein: the definition of stupid: trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

So sure! Let's create MORE laws that wont be enforced, rather than learning how to get them to enforce the ones we already have.

and waste more taxpayer time and $$ in creating new laws when we dont even know if the current ones we have WOULD work if enforced.:doh

It's called 'throwing good money after bad.'

Not mistakes.

It
Hasnt
Been
Done :roll:

The system isnt proven because it hasnt been properly enforced.

Enforce the laws we have before making more. It's cheaper, it's validation, it's the intelligent thing to do. Not waste more time flailing about in 'hopes' of a Holy Grail.

It's idiotic and moronically knee-jerk to insist on new laws when we dont even know if the current ones would work if properly enforced. It's just 'feel-good' naivete to create new laws that will also go improperly enforced. :roll:​
But Lursa wouldn't new idiotic and moronically knee-jerked laws make you feel all waarrm and fuzzzy and it would be for the children.What's a few more common sense laws.

LOLOLOL

But Lursa wouldn't new idiotic and moronically knee-jerked laws make you feel all waarrm and fuzzzy and it would be for the children.

:lamo:lamo

But Lursa wouldn't new idiotic and moronically knee-jerked laws make you feel all waarrm and fuzzzy and it would be for the children.

And maybe they would work.

But oh no.....

The form!!!!!!!

I still love paraphrasing Einstein: the definition of stupid: trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

So sure! Let's create MORE laws that wont be enforced, rather than learning how to get them to enforce the ones we already have.

and waste more taxpayer time and $$ in creating new laws when we dont even know if the current ones we have WOULD work if enforced.:doh

It's called 'throwing good money after bad.'

But how to learn how to enforce them better? It cant be done.

Cops are not lazy or stupid

So try better laws

Oh wait

The form!!!!!!!

But how to learn how to enforce them better? It cant be done.

Cops are not lazy or stupid

So try better laws

Oh wait

The form!!!!!!!

So you agree with me then....except I dont follow Einstein's principle...I wont do the same stupid thing over and over...just add more laws and what? Then add water? :roll:

I haven seen any forms that prevent gun crime but maybe you've imagined some animated Avengers-type piece of paper? I'd LOVE that, those guys are all HOT! Count me in!

:2dancing: :rofl

No, they wouldn't.

Some guns out of necessity? Yes, all of their guns? Most certainly not.

You are living in a fantasy world and simply don't understand the typical gun owner.

Yes they would, my proposals for a mandatory gun registry would include penalties up to and including jail time for non-compliance.

If it turned out to be a problem I would make it so you have to quote your registry ID # to buy ammunition ... like in the UK where you can't buy ammunition without displaying your gun licence.

So if you've only registered a 9mm pistol, you can't buy .357 magnum ammo.

So you agree with me then....except I dont follow Einstein's principle...I wont do the same stupid thing over and over...just add more laws and what? Then add water? :roll:

I haven seen any forms that prevent gun crime but maybe you've imagined some animated Avengers-type piece of paper? I'd LOVE that, those guys are all HOT! Count me in!

:2dancing: :rofl

Oh I have seen lots of forms that reduce gun deaths.

But you are terrified of them.

Is it paper cuts? Lol

Oh I have seen lots of forms that reduce gun deaths.

But you are terrified of them.

Is it paper cuts? Lol

So you have nothing left? Baseless nonsense?

Please desist with the Vegassing then. I've demonstrated your idea is stupid without learning if current laws would work.

Just deal with it and move on. Or dont. You got nowhere with your line of argument, but hey...it's your time.

So you have nothing left? Baseless nonsense?

Please desist with the Vegassing then. I've demonstrated your idea is stupid without learning if current laws would work.

Just deal with it and move on. Or dont. You got nowhere with your line of argument, but hey...it's your time.

Now you are angry.

Your concession is complete

And I accept it

Actually there's considerable doubt that Einstein said that:

"We've all heard Albert Einstein's famous line: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

As it turns out, insanity might be crediting that quote to Einstein over and over again. He never said it.
"

Misattributed Quotes - Business Insider

Back
Top Bottom