• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN Poll: Trump Moves Ahead of Clinton

Trump will be along shortly to derail his own campaign. It's no big deal.

And right on cure we have the bribery of the Florida Attorney General by Trump with him on tape bragging about being ablate buy influence and how those who are bribed then kiss his ass.

He makes so called "Crooked Hillary" look like a virginal school girl in a Catholic nunnery by comparison to his craven corruption.

Chuck Todd says the CNN poll is flawed

MSNBC unskews CNN poll that showed Trump ahead - POLITICO

It makes sense.

Last edited:
If accurate, these past two weeks would show how weak Hillary really is, and just how badly Trump was disqualifying himself.

It would imply to me there's many who don't like Hillary, but felt they must vote for her due to Trump's disqualifying behaviour.

And indeed, we often heard this anecdotally in the forums - with mine being one of the loudest voices! :mrgreen:

It almost seems more like a race to the bottom than to the top no?

I think it took them by surprise. Following their triple combination at the convention (denouncements by military officers, Republican defections and Trump stumbling badly with Khan), the Democrats though that Trump was knocked out of the race.

Having written Trump off, the Democrats probably just anticipated a handful of military "usual suspects" endorsing Trump (one former general known to make right wing comments and another popular with evangelical Christians).

But.... Trump catches them by surprise with not 2 or 3 endorsements, but 88!

And 88 isn't a noteworthy number. It's a fraction of the number that endorsed Mitt Romney 4 years ago.

Do you think this will be a game changer for Trump, and people will vote for him because of this?

And right on cure we have the bribery of the Florida Attorney General by Trump with him on tape bragging about being ablate buy influence and how those who are bribed then kiss his ass.

He makes so called "Crooked Hillary" look like a virginal school girl in a Catholic nunnery by comparison to his craven corruption.

It makes sense.

Clinton is as crooked as they come and she's proven it on the international stage. She has earned the moniker "crooked Hillary."

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066287322 said:
Clinton is as crooked as they come and she's proven it on the international stage. She has earned the moniker "crooked Hillary."

Trump brags about engaging in crooked bribery and is proud of it. So who is worse?

You mean the moniker the (at least) equally crooked Trump gave her?

While true, I'm not sure Trump is any better. He's a shady ass corporate CEO, his companies get sued all the time, he's noted for underhanded tactics. Plus...that guy has zero filter on his mouth. Head of State needs a filter.

It makes sense.

I think MSNBC has misjudged Trump's appeal among low income white voters, and likely haven't calculated the huge swing in voter enthusiasm among various demographics. Clinton will not draw like Obama. Enthusiasm for Clinton among black voters is off 20% from Obama, for example.

Last edited:
Do you think this will be a game changer for Trump, and people will vote for him because of this?

These endorsements will contribute towards undecided (key word) voters picking Trump. The numbers themselves, 88 vs 500, are not that important.

What is important is the core concept. One of the Democrat's hits against Trump at their convention was that military leaders deemed him to erratic to be president. These endorsements show that the military leadership as a whole does not think Trump is inherently unqualified. This diminishes the impact of the previous democratic attack.

Though Romney had 500 and still lost, that was a different race against a different candidate in a different time. Hillary is a far different candidate and can far less afford Trump's counters, even if it is with only 88 and not 500.

Last edited:
And 88 isn't a noteworthy number. It's a fraction of the number that endorsed Mitt Romney 4 years ago.

The "nevertrump" movement is dying and I don't think endorsements carry much weight and haven't for a long time.

Since the last shake up at Trump headquarters he has been hitting a lot more strong notes with the electorate and less self immolation. Many big name "nevertrump"ers have reversed their opinion or moderated it. 90% of registered Republicans plan to vote for Trump and 92% of Dems plan to vote Hillary, a near statistical tie.

That isn't to say Trump will win, but voter turnout will be the key to victory.

The "nevertrump" movement is dying and I don't think endorsements carry much weight and haven't for a long time.

Since the last shake up at Trump headquarters he has been hitting a lot more strong notes with the electorate and less self immolation. Many big name "nevertrump"ers have reversed their opinion or moderated it. 90% of registered Republicans plan to vote for Trump and 92% of Dems plan to vote Hillary, a near statistical tie.

That isn't to say Trump will win, but voter turnout will be the key to victory.

I missed all of this. Links?

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066287297 said:
It probably wouldn't be the first time and actually, it is.

Oh, well, if you think incontinence is funny....

If it was just one poll I would prolly agree with you. But other polls show that Trump is starting to pull ahead also. I posted on here at DP not to long ago.

The reasons are obvious to me. Trump is putting in the work. He's on the trail, on message, reaching out to anyone who cares to listen. He appears to have gotten the message: "This race is not just about you".

Clinton has just begun to take questions from the press. (I noticed her handler chose the person who asked the (mostly inaudible) question). That is the sign of a plant. But it's a start.

Clinton is going to dump a billion in negative ads in battleground states, hoping she will win as an invisible default candidate.

It almost seems more like a race to the bottom than to the top no?
Yes it does - along with a Hobson's Choice of the lessor of two evils!

Welcome to the oligarchical two-party system! :doh

The reasons are obvious to me. Trump is putting in the work. He's on the trail, on message, reaching out to anyone who cares to listen. He appears to have gotten the message: "This race is not just about you".

Clinton has just begun to take questions from the press. (I noticed her handler chose the person who asked the (mostly inaudible) question). That is the sign of a plant. But it's a start.

Clinton is going to dump a billion in negative ads in battleground states, hoping she will win as an invisible default candidate.

Does Donald Trump do a lot of press conferences that I somehow keep missing? The last one I remember was in July.

Time for me to chime in with a big deflation for both the Republicans and the Democrats.

1) Yes, there are a couple of polls showing Trump ahead, and the Trumpbots (I won't call them Conservatives, because they are RINOs) are clinging to them, and only them.

2) Washington Post poll that just came out shows Hillary ahead by 1 point in Texas. Liberals cling to that one just as hard as the Trumpbots are clinging to theirs.

Here's the deal. Single polls don't count. The AGGREGATE does count because it is much more accurate. What does the aggregate say? That Hillary is ahead, but her chances of winning have now dropped to 70%. The presidency is up for grabs by either side. Hillary is ahead right now, but Trump could still pull it off. Trumpbots and Liberals will now complain about what I just posted because they are all clinging pathetically to all their own hopes instead of taking an unbiased look at the real situation.

So, to the Trumpbots and Liberals in this forum, I say this - Quit flinging poo. But I know you won't take this advise. Now why would I ever think that, after seeing all this **cough** rational debate **cough** going on? :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Time for me to chime in with a big deflation for both the Republicans and the Democrats.

1) Yes, there are a couple of polls showing Trump ahead, and the Trumpbots (I won't call them Conservatives, because they are RINOs) are clinging to them, and only them.

2) Washington Post poll that just came out shows Hillary ahead by 1 point in Texas. Liberals cling to that one just as hard as the Trumpbots are clinging to theirs.

Here's the deal. Single polls don't count. The AGGREGATE does count because it is much more accurate. What does the aggregate say? That Hillary is ahead, but her chances of winning have now dropped to 70%. The presidency is up for grabs by either side. Hillary is ahead right now, but Trump could still pull it off. Trumpbots and Liberals will now complain about what I just posted because they are all clinging pathetically to all their own hopes instead of taking an unbiased look at the real situation.

So, to the Trumpbots and Liberals in this forum, I say this - Quit flinging poo. But I know you won't take this advise. Now why would I ever think that, after seeing all this **cough** rational debate **cough** going on? :mrgreen:

Well, Madame danareah, why not do us all a favor and give us Saturdays lottery numbers, will you?

And in other Trump news, 88 former general officers (including a series of three and four star level officers) have endorsed Trump for the presidency.
Eighty-eight former military leaders write letter endorsing Donald Trump for president - CNNPolitics.com

These endorsements should take away some of the force generated by a four star military officer denouncing Trump at the Democratic National Convention with still other retired officers in the background by maintaining that Trump was inherently unfit for the presidency and that they had no confidence in him as a Commander in Chief.
Gen. John Allen backs Clinton in hawkish rebuke of Trump - POLITICO

My guess is that the earlier denunciations (part of a "perfect storm" of Trump's handling of Khan and defections by some Republicans), hurt Trump a lot with swing voters. These endorsements should alleviate some of their concerns.

People don't really care about what generals think, least of all Vets. It won't have any effect. As much as I dislike Hillary this isn't game changer.

I'm sorry, maybe I missed it in your link. Where does it say that 90% of registered Republicans are voting for Trump, 92% of registered Democrats are voting for Hillary, and which big name #nevertrumpers are now supporting him?

84% of Republicans support Trump as of two weeks ago versus 75% the previous cycle. I am pointing out a poll that similarly shows the death of the nevertrump crusade that was discussed on the radio this morning.

People don't really care about what generals think, least of all Vets. It won't have any effect. As much as I dislike Hillary this isn't game changer.

I don't think it is a game changer either. Rather, it contributes towards Trump's rebound and will assist in him moving forward. Veterans, who may well be less enthralled by generals and their opinions, are a small percentage of the population.

At the end of the day, however, senior military officers are viewed with a lot of respect by the average citizen. That is why Hillary gave military officer supporting her a prominent place at the Convention. Likewise, Trump's people knew that they had to find and publicize a counter.

I don't think it is a game changer either. Rather, it contributes towards Trump's rebound and will assist in him moving forward. Veterans, who may well be less enthralled by generals and their opinions, are a small percentage of the population.

At the end of the day, however, senior military officers are viewed with a lot of respect by the average citizen. That is why Hillary gave military officer supporting her a prominent place at the Convention. Likewise, Trump's people knew that they had to find and publicize a counter.

This is interesting.
Poll: Trump Leads Clinton Among Military and Veteran Voters - NBC News
Donald Trump leads Hillary Clinton by 19 points — 55 percent to 36 percent — among voters who are currently serving or have previously served in the U.S. military, according to the latest NBC News|SurveyMonkey Weekly Election Tracking Poll.
It is by Survey Monkey so I am not sure of it's accuracy.

Here is another one that is interesting:
Clinton camp fires back: We have 95 retired general, admiral endorsements - POLITICO
A day after Donald Trump unveiled a list of 88 retired generals and admirals endorsing his candidacy against Hillary Clinton, the former secretary of state's campaign fired back with an even longer list of 95.

Mitt Romney had the endorsement of 500 generals.

Back
Top Bottom