• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CIA Director Pompeo makes secret trip to NK: Meets with Kim Jong Un

Re: CIA Director Pompeo makes secret trip to North Korea: Meets with Kim Jong Un

I believe you are woefully overestimating Trumps affect on this whole scenario, we don't fully understand what is developing here and we probably won't for some time.

So while you prance about being the Rudolf Hess to Trump, the rest of us will actually wait to see what happens.

When you say, "we don't fully understand...", you should realize you are only speaking for yourself. Others don't have your deficiencies.

Re: CIA Director Pompeo makes secret trip to North Korea: Meets with Kim Jong Un

Nice to see folks patting everyone on the back, and giving credit to all concerned, for something that hasn't even occurred yet, and that is nothing but a pipe dream.

Go team :failpail:

I predict this goes nowhere. In return for the peace treaty & giving up his nukes, Kim is likely to demand withdrawal of U.S. troops from SK. Non-starter.

C'mon, isn't it in everyone's interest that it IS going somewhere? I understand the reluctance, since we, or anyone else, can't change a roque regime in a few months or years, but perhaps this is a good first step.

When you say, "we don't fully understand...", you should realize you are only speaking for yourself. Others don't have your deficiencies.

Coming from a birther I’m left rather unconvinced.

Coming from a birther I’m left rather unconvinced.

So go listen to South Korean leaders. Just this morning they are out in the media thanking president Trump and crediting him with jump starting all these peace talks. Are they just stupid "trumpers" you can also ignore? Seems like they would be the ones to know, wouldn't they?

I'm actually a bit impressed with the move. I'm very intrigued how it works out.

I said good things about Pompeo when he was selected to be CIA head. I haven't changed my opinion of him. I have faith in him. He is one very, very smart man. Criticize his politics, but we can't lose sight of that. He's imminently qualified for his new role. I'm pleased to see him doing something with it and I hope he has success in this endeavor. Everyone in the world wants what he's trying to achieve, and if he achieves it, he deserves every accolade he receives.

C'mon, isn't it in everyone's interest that it IS going somewhere? I understand the reluctance, since we, or anyone else, can't change a roque regime in a few months or years, but perhaps this is a good first step.

That's just it, I don't think it is and Trump's decision to have high level talks with NK has only enforced the notion to the NK leader that sabre rattling will get what he wants. In the end, Trump has just appeased a child throwing a tantrum. Do you really think that child is going to "behave"? I think Trump has made things worse with the NK situation long-term.

WOW

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...976a82b05a2_story.html?utm_term=.d2e55c0560f4

It's funny watching the unhinged left sweat this one. Trump's about to (rightly) get some credit for ending a 55 year war.

Who's ready for this?

View attachment 67231845

What on Earth are you babbling about? The left isn't sweating anything. Even Adam Schiff came out publicly with praise for Pompeo and this meeting.

Pull your partisan "I wuv da Donald" head out of your ass and don't make everything a left-right issue. It isn't.

You'd think that, wouldn't you? Common sense would tell you it's a good thing, but Trump-hate has unfortunately wiped out common sense.

Do you work for the WH? Otherwise you don't know.

What on Earth are you babbling about? The left isn't sweating anything. Even Adam Schiff came out publicly with praise for Pompeo and this meeting.

Pull your partisan "I wuv da Donald" head out of your ass and don't make everything a left-right issue. It isn't.

Pencil-neck Schiff can stick his "praise" where the sun doesn't shine, because with the same breath he "praised" the development, he also mocked the president:

"... Schiff, however, expressed concern that Trump, should his “winning personality” not cause the North to “denuclearize overnight,” will immediate pivot to a “military option.” ..."

Genuine praise from the left will never come ... and that includes the posters on this board.

Do you work for the WH? Otherwise you don't know.

Don't need to work for the WH to know what's happening. Just need to NOT be limited to the mainstream media for my news.

Trump's approach is unorthodox, which is why it is affective. If you ever worked in government, government does not work in terms of the best interests of the tax payer. It is never about efficiency. It is really about government growth for the insiders. This means any solution offered is designed to make things worse or as bad.

The reason is if the government solved problems, permanently, what do you do with all the extra people you no longer need and how does anyone get a promotion, if the number of people is declining? There is a government career path, but it requires moving up the ladder. If the ladder is made smaller and there is slow attrition in the few remaining upper level positions, there is no career path. It works better if there is constant growth, so more new positions open up. This works better if there are no solutions, or solutions, that make things worse.

The question to ask is, who benefits by a hostile North Korea; seen as an adversary? How does this hostile perception expand the career ladder? The military and intelligence agencies, diplomatic agencies and all their support groups, as well as weapons manufacturers, benefit by a hostile perception of north Korea. The status quo means career paths are open. The new missile threat is a boom town. The real fear is Trump will succeed, since this will mess up the career ladder.

I used to work in government. I was younger and wanted to be more cost effective and efficient. This was taboo. If you reduced costs that meant less money the next year. I leaned if I was more wasteful and inefficient and I went over my budget, I got more funny money the next year. It made no sense, until I looked at management and the career ladder.

More money allowed new career branches to form in the management tree. The job of Director of Waste Paper Baskets, might break into two positions. We now have the direction of round and the director of rectangular waste paper baskets. The old director becomes the General Director of office waste collection. This split means more money and more prestige for three people. One waste basket style would be cheaper since the department can buy in bulk for a savings. But it would be taboo. If we can find a third style basket this will cost more, but now three directors is even better for career hopes and dreams.

Retirement is 85% of the average of your final three years in service, before retirement. A promotion at that time to any time can mean a bigger summer home. Trump does not get it.

Last edited:

Don't need to work for the WH to know what's happening. Just need to NOT be limited to the mainstream media for my news.

Oh yes, the Hannity Truth bombs, but maybe he does know what's going on since he regularly speaks with Trump. I take it back, state propaganda is good!

Oh yes, the Hannity Truth bombs, but maybe he does know what's going on since he regularly speaks with Trump. I take it back, state propaganda is good!

I wouldn't know about that. I am almost totally unaware...by choice...of what network talking potato heads say.

You should stop listening to them, as well. And while you are at it, wean yourself away from the late-night comedians, too.

I wouldn't know about that. I am almost totally unaware...by choice...of what network talking potato heads say.

You should stop listening to them, as well. And while you are at it, wean yourself away from the late-night comedians, too.

That's no fun though. So what sources should I read then? Preppers? Cat Digest?

That's no fun though. So what sources should I read then? Preppers? Cat Digest?

Doesn't matter what sources.

1. Don't follow the herd.

2. Don't limit yourself to left or right wing sources.

3. Apply logic and reasoning to what you see, hear and read.

4. Automatically reject anything that's based on bias for or against a viewpoint...but don't be afraid to accept facts that are buried in that bias.

5. Be constantly aware that all news and opinion sources have one goal: To influence and manipulate YOUR viewpoint.

I predict this goes nowhere. In return for the peace treaty & giving up his nukes, Kim is likely to demand withdrawal of U.S. troops from SK. Non-starter.

How is that a non-starter? US troops are only there because the North and South are still technically at war. A formal peace treaty and confirmation of a denuked N.Korea, and US troops will be out so fast they'll be dizzy.

but if it does go somewhere you will give Trump credit. yes?

It's amazing what a leader can get accomplished when he pressures the bad guys instead of apologizing to them.

I hate Trump, but I will give his administration the credit it deserves on this. I don't think he takes all of the credit or even most of the credit, but the small involvement that his administration has played in this, if it goes well, deserves to be recognised and applauded.

Doesn't matter what sources.

1. Don't follow the herd.

2. Don't limit yourself to left or right wing sources.

3. Apply logic and reasoning to what you see, hear and read.

4. Automatically reject anything that's based on bias for or against a viewpoint...but don't be afraid to accept facts that are buried in that bias.

5. Be constantly aware that all news and opinion sources have one goal: To influence and manipulate YOUR viewpoint.

Weak answer. Everything is a herd. I have asked you countless times what sources I should follow and you never answer specifically. I would think since you hate the MSM so much and claim your sources are soooo much better. You would be willing to spread the news of these sources and how great they are. Seems to me you just use the same sources as everyone else and just won't admit it.

Weak answer. Everything is a herd. I have asked you countless times what sources I should follow and you never answer specifically. I would think since you hate the MSM so much and claim your sources are soooo much better. You would be willing to spread the news of these sources and how great they are. Seems to me you just use the same sources as everyone else and just won't admit it.

Well, here you go again...hyperbole time.

1. I told you...it doesn't matter what sources. Just don't limit yourself and make sure you apply logic and reasoning. You'll be okay.

2. I've never claimed my sources are "soooo much better". (that would be your hyperbole rearing its ugly head)

3. I don't care what sources you want to use. I'm not here to promote any particular source over another. So no...I have no motivation to "spread the news of these sources and how great they are".

Well, here you go again...hyperbole time.

1. I told you...it doesn't matter what sources. Just don't limit yourself and make sure you apply logic and reasoning. You'll be okay.

2. I've never claimed my sources are "soooo much better". (that would be your hyperbole rearing its ugly head)

3. I don't care what sources you want to use. I'm not here to promote any particular source over another. So no...I have no motivation to "spread the news of these sources and how great they are".

If you truly didn't care you wouldn't be so anti-MSM. You would let others read the MSM because you wouldn't care, but no in every thread you claim you have these mysterious superior sources that "aren't MSM." That you know what's going on while we don't because of them. Well Trump says the same thing, and he doesn't know a whole lot of crap despite what he tells you about his bigly brain.

If you truly didn't care you wouldn't be so anti-MSM. You would let others read the MSM because you wouldn't care, but no in every thread you claim you have these mysterious superior sources that "aren't MSM." That you know what's going on while we don't because of them. Well Trump says the same thing, and he doesn't know a whole lot of crap despite what he tells you about his bigly brain.

I don't know...from what I've seen in this little conversation with you, I'm thinking you probably SHOULD just stick to the MSM. You don't seem to understand what I say to you. I already pointed out your hyperbole. Now, you've somehow twisted my words into something quite different than what I've actually said. Here...a little reminder:

"Don't need to work for the WH to know what's happening. Just need to NOT be limited to the mainstream media for my news."

It seems you took this statement to mean that MSM = bad, when all I said was "NOT be limited". Really, I have no idea how on earth you got from my words to your understanding of my words.

Be that as it may, you don't seem to have the capability for the most important part of news and opinion consumption: Logic and reason. Because of that handicap, I think it's best you just stick to your MSM-induced place in life. Here, you'll be safe.

Trump meeting with Kim Ding Dong is a great moment in diplomatic history, and i for one hope something can be achieved from all this (since any military solution would definitely be a billion times worse for everyone). However, it's not going to be solved within Trump's presidency. I think we can all agree on that.

You don't bridge a 65-year gap full of hate, mistrust, military staredown and isolationism with just one chat. If something good does come from this first meeting, it'll sure as **** be a good start.

Back
Top Bottom