• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Child Support Payback

Correct. In evolution, good things survive and stupid things die. But you keep putting forward dumber ideas and rejecting the better ones.

What other dumb ideas have i put out?

Woman gets pregnant.
Man does not want child (no opt out in this argument).
Woman has baby anyway.
Man pays 18 years of child support.
At 18 woman is put on a Payback plan to pay the man back because of her choice to have a child he did not want. She spends the next 20 years or whatever paying him back for her choice.

She would not be eligible for any government assistance until she pays off her debt.

Child cared for.

Promotes personal responsibility.

Promotes consequences for an action.

This is a new thought for me and will evolve.

This could and should become law.

This "plan" assumes that the woman did something wrong. What was that? DId she not raise the child? Share custody and so need to pay that portion?

What action is that payback a consequence of, having a child?

The child of a custodial parent is *entitled* to child support. That parent did their portion of the child raising. Why is a woman (or man?) supposed to pay it back? What do they owe? Did they not spend their own money, time, and effort on the child?

Was she irresponsible in raising the child? Or did the child support $$ enable her to do so even better, as is its purpose.

If he didnt want to pay child support, he knew it was a risk when he decided to have sex with her...isnt that *his* consequence for *his* decision?

Perhaps men could consider possible child support as a means to generate personal responsibility for themselves.

:)

My ex would get lattes and pastry and go to movies then turn around a cry she didn't have money for food or shoes for our kids so I would then buy those too. Luckily she stopped doing that but it was for years...

This really does show the motivation behind posts like this.

It's understandable. And difficult to prevent...otoh, she still had to get up with the girls every am, get them ready for school, miss work when they were sick, maybe not be paid for that, cook for them, clean for them...it wasnt all skittles and beer.

My ex would get lattes and pastry and go to movies then turn around a cry she didn't have money for food or shoes for our kids so I would then buy those too. Luckily she stopped doing that but it was for years...

This also isnt related to the topic, unless your wife tricked you into marriage by getting pregnant. Which is entirely possible....?

This really does show the motivation behind posts like this.

It's understandable. And difficult to prevent...otoh, she still had to get up with the girls every am, get them ready for school, miss work when they were sick, maybe not be paid for that, cook for them, clean for them...it wasnt all skittles and beer.

No. I missed work when they were sick and we both did all the rest. Why are you assuming she did?

This also isnt related to the topic, unless your wife tricked you into marriage by getting pregnant. Which is entirely possible....?

We married then chose to have kids...

You are ignoring the fact that she did not abort a child she could not afford...

Even if a woman can afford it, the state sees it as an investment in the better raising of the child and thus raising the odds of creating a better citizen and contributing member of society.

And not all such women ask for child support either.

No. I missed work when they were sick and we both did all the rest. Why are you assuming she did?

If you were together, why were you paying child support?

I mean, I know you have custody now.

If you were together, why were you paying child support?

I mean, I know you have custody now.

When we divorced I paid... then I not only paid child support but I paid extra. Her rent. Almost all food. Took them out to dinners. Almost all clothes. I was an idiot. She wouldnt get a job.

No, because, with all due respect, it's ridiculous. He wrote that check with his **** when he started blasting his seed about. No take backs.

:lamo:lamo

When we divorced I paid... then I not only paid child support but I paid extra. Her rent. Almost all food. Took them out to dinners. Almost all clothes. I was an idiot. She wouldnt get a job.

Sorry, that sucks.

I'm glad you still got to be in your girls' lives and have them now.

Yup, that's why she's on the hook TOO. For HALF. Plus the additional "penalty" of having 9 months of her life and her body used in the process. Oh, and raising the child, as it's only monetary contributions that are mandated by law. Perhaps just signing a check wouldn't be so bad, if the alternative was forced engagement in the child's life...not that crazy, given the number of people that want to point to violence in poorer communities and blame it on a lack of father figures.

Anyway...I'm not going on this merry go round all day, you clearly believe in no accountability for the male, while I believe the opposite. I have zero sympathy whatsoever for deadbeat dads whining and complaining about having to pay for children they brought into the world, when all they had to do to avoid that was NOT ejaculate into a women with whom they couldn't be certain of the outcome of that interaction. ZERO sympathy.

Bye! :)

It's resentment.

Choose to be gay. It is very trendy these days.

Sure, normal straight men voluntarily choose to be penetrated in a way they do not want. Being gay is not a choice and also has very little to do with abortion now does it, last time I checked 2 men cannot get accidentally pregnant by having sex with one another, nor can 2 women get pregnant purely from having sex with each other.

And being gay is trendy? Sure, being made to feel like a second rate human where large parts of the population hate you and a small part of the population wants to kill you. Yes, that sounds so wonderful that it is hard to understand why not everybody would want to sign up for that kind of hatred, discrimination and possible death.

In that way it is comparable to abortion, there too loads of people hate the women having them (and the doctors providing that medical service), some small part of the population will even kill to try and prevent women from having an abortion and they are treated by a part of the population like they are baby killers. Why wouldn't anybody sign up to that kind of persecution and government interference into her womb.

yes you did lose.

Yes but there's 2 sides to it. Some women do abuse child support.

And some men run off and never pay.

People suck...not the law. The laws for caring for the child are pretty equal, if they are not applied equally, that is the fault of a judge, usually a man.

Knowing this, he wants an opt-out to avoid it completely...but that's not going to happen. Too many of us taxpayers are not willing to take on the additional, unnecessary burden.

for now sperm is still required. the only way to get that right now is from men.
however without sperm a women cannot get pregnant.

unless it is a miracle birth.

For now. Yet science marches on, relentlessly. And all too often it creates obsolescence. We men are doomed, doomed I say. :)

Odin, the Traveler, was also known as The Great Seducer. Men, gone for more than a year, for trade, for war, would arrive home to find a pregnant wife or a new child. Wifey would blame Odin. Who was the husband to argue? Instead he accepted the child as a blessing, as he gritted his teeth. A miracle birth. :)

parthenogenesis

BBC - Future - Virgin births: Do we need sex to reproduce?

Nonsense, utter nonsense, this should and could not become law because it is literally Bull Crap.

She has to pay him back for them having a child :lamo

Promotes personal responsibility :lamo Sure, except the personal responsibility of the man who made her pregnant.

Promotes consequences for an action? What action would that be then? The action of how dipstick made a woman pregnant by having sex with her? Or the action of the sperm meeting an egg and the egg embedding itself? That action? Or the action where she thinks abortion is a sin and not has one? That action? Or the fact that a judges orders him to pay support to the child he made possible? That action?

So hell no, that is in no way fair, logical, honest, in accordance with law or reality. Any lawmaker who tries to bring such a law should be laughed out of congress by his colleagues, then have him be recalled in a special election and ceremonially kicked out of office and normal society.

Also, the child support he paid went to the child and stands into no comparison to the actual cost of raising a child, he should feel lucky he got away that cheaply.

There needs to be more of the concept "he who pays the piper calls the tune". Men should get far more authority over how a kid is raised if he is paying child support. Do you realize how many kids get abused by some dude that cohabitates with their mother? That right there should be enough to terminate custody.

Serious question --

How can people be so resentful about having to pay for a child which was created by their entirely voluntary actions?

Serious question --

How can people be so resentful about having to pay for a child which was created by their entirely voluntary actions?

Taxation without representation.

Taxation without representation.

Taxation?

Paying for the child which your sperm created is taxation?

No.

But thank you for answering, even if the answer didn't make sense.

Serious question --

It is not resentful to not want to pay for a child you didn't want. Just wasted money that could be used for something better.

Sure, normal straight men voluntarily choose to be penetrated in a way they do not want. Being gay is not a choice and also has very little to do with abortion now does it, last time I checked 2 men cannot get accidentally pregnant by having sex with one another, nor can 2 women get pregnant purely from having sex with each other.

And being gay is trendy? Sure, being made to feel like a second rate human where large parts of the population hate you and a small part of the population wants to kill you. Yes, that sounds so wonderful that it is hard to understand why not everybody would want to sign up for that kind of hatred, discrimination and possible death.

In that way it is comparable to abortion, there too loads of people hate the women having them (and the doctors providing that medical service), some small part of the population will even kill to try and prevent women from having an abortion and they are treated by a part of the population like they are baby killers. Why wouldn't anybody sign up to that kind of persecution and government interference into her womb.

There are a lot of upsides to being gay too... focus on the positive.

Back
Top Bottom