• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Child Sex Trafficking Ring Busted in South Carolina

It's sad to think that there are peope in this country who can't see beyond race. What's even sadder is that you think that everyone else thinks like you do.

To post this OP, the man had to actually cut and paste those images and lay them out just so, with the text in between.

with%20canvas

Some of these men are suspects in the disappearance and murder of Brittanee Drexel, who was 17 at the time she went missing. No one has been prosecuted as of yet, but law enforcement has spoken about information suggesting that a gang of sex traffickers kidnapped and ultimately killed her, after selling her to men dozens of times.

ht_brittanee_drexel_090507_wmain.jpg

So, you aint a fool'n no one.

To post this OP, the man had to actually cut and paste those images and lay them out just so, with the text in between.

How else was he going to show a picture of the accused?? But you'll never accept that not everyone looks at people through the same filter of race that you do, so have a nice day.

How else was he going to show a picture of the accused?? But you'll never accept that not everyone looks at people through the same filter of race that you do, so have a nice day.

And, why, pray tell, would he have to show pictures of the accused since--you know--the pictures of them are right there in the linked article anyway?

You aint a fool'n no one.

Prove it!! Prove that I saw four "bad BLACK men" and not just four "bad men". Prove that the OP's point in showing their pics was to show that they were black. Not everyone is as focused on racial identity as you are, so stop assuming that everyone else has the same skewed mindset that you and a lot of liberals have. If you want some evidence to back this, just look back through this thread and you'll see that the ONLY people who pointed out their race were liberals. We conservatives saw "bad men", you liberals are the ones who added "black" into the mix.

The OP was the first to make a point of their race by posting their pictures along with the picture of their white victim. Using menacing images of African-Americans, absent any explicit mention of race, constructs a fortress of plausible deniability...and...fits into a long tradition of playing to white's primal fears about black criminals, particularly those who target white women.

You saw exactly what the OP wanted you to see....four menacing black men and their white female victim.

The OP was the first to make a point of their race by posting their pictures along with the picture of their white victim. Using menacing images of African-Americans, absent any explicit mention of race, constructs a fortress of plausible deniability...and...fits into a long tradition of playing to white's primal fears about black criminals, particularly those who target white women.

You saw exactly what the OP wanted you to see....four menacing black men and their white female victim.

You're wrong, but that won't change your mind, you're stuck in the mindset of thinking that everyone has the same race-focused perspective that you have... Some of us just look at people and see people.

If people are going to insist on making this a racial argument, maybe people should read up on who is being arrested and convicted in this country for the crime of human trafficking and who the victims are.

https://www.google.com/#q=man+sentenced+for+human+trafficking&*

The case cited in the OP was tragic but its just one case. There are numerous young women that have vanished from the DC area and it is suspected they are caught up in this mess.

You're wrong, but that won't change your mind, you're stuck in the mindset of thinking that everyone has the same race-focused perspective that you have... Some of us just look at people and see people.

Yeah, right. :roll:

If people are going to insist on making this a racial argument, maybe people should read up on who is being arrested and convicted in this country for the crime of human trafficking and who the victims are.

https://www.google.com/#q=man+sentenced+for+human+trafficking&*

The case cited in the OP was tragic but its just one case. There are numerous young women that have vanished from the DC area and it is suspected they are caught up in this mess.

has anyone checked the basement beneath Comet Pizza? :)

has anyone checked the basement beneath Comet Pizza? :)
I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you suggesting human trafficking and modern day slavery is a joke, a laughing matter, or a hoax?

If showing the pictures of the black perps weren't done just to show race, then they would have posted the white faces that perpetrated this incident of human trafficking:

Oh wait. They did show their pictures. Never mind.

I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you suggesting human trafficking and modern day slavery is a joke, a laughing matter, or a hoax?

There is no evidence to indicate anything unusual is happening with the missing kids in DC. Just the typical hype: i.e. fake news; from what is actually a normal number of runaways from bad homes in terrible neighborhoods.

D.C.'s Missing Teens: A False Number That Spurred A Real Conversation On Race : The Two-Way : NPR

So, yes I am poking fun---but mostly at the gullible who swallowed the hook, line and sinker of those fake news stories.

Are you saying it's wrong to discuss this case because of the races of the people involved? I think that's why so many Americans have a serious problem with political correctness nowadays, its just ****ing ridiculous.

So much disgust here. Not only the sex trafficking but this informant is coming out after so many years. How can someone witness such a thing and not run straight to the police? smh

Because the informant could be killed if he's known as a snitch on the streets. Hardened criminals only hang out with hardened criminals, so people who complain about the background of the informant don't really seem to know how crime works.

Are you saying it's wrong to discuss this case because of the races of the people involved? I think that's why so many Americans have a serious problem with political correctness nowadays, its just ****ing ridiculous.

No. I'm just pointing out the obvious bit of race baiting.

You saw the same thing I did....four "bad black men". Without the photo we wouldn't have known the perps were black because the article didn't mention their race. So the only point in posting their pics in the OP was to make sure we all knew they were black.

Imagine putting bad black men in quotes of 4 sex traffickers, who not only raped her, allowed others to rape her, but then killed her and dumped her bodies in a gater pit. Your racial bias knows no bounds.

No. I'm just pointing out the obvious bit of race baiting.

It's OK to discuss the story, but the identifies of the child rapists must be kept hidden, according to you. Should the media not publish Dylan Roof's face too?

It's OK to discuss the story, but the identifies of the child rapists must be kept hidden, according to you. Should the media not publish Dylan Roof's face too?

Your OP shouted the race of the perps and victim from the roof top. Quit playing coy. You're not good at it.

Because the informant could be killed if he's known as a snitch on the streets. Hardened criminals only hang out with hardened criminals, so people who complain about the background of the informant don't really seem to know how crime works.

You can still be a hardened criminal and see something that can make you so sick to your stomach, that an anonymous phone call could at least make you feel like you did something. I know about the snitch code but I also there are ways around it.

Your OP shouted the race of the perps and victim from the roof top. Quit playing coy. You're not good at it.

You won't answer any questions, you're only interested in pointing fingers because you'd rather this story was swept under the rug. Sad.

You can still be a hardened criminal and see something that can make you so sick to your stomach, that an anonymous phone call could at least make you feel like you did something. I know about the snitch code but I also there are ways around it.

Sometimes that does happen, even in the worst hood, you're right, but gang members almost never snitch unless they have to.

I wouldn't automatically discredit the informant just because he didn't report what happened immediately.

We discussed the Sherri Papini case in another thread, and that now appears to be a case of sex traffickers who mistook Papini for being underage, because of her appearance and the fact that she barely weighs 100 pounds. If she'd been Brittanee Drexel's age, she might have ended up dead in a ditch too.

You won't answer any questions, you're only interested in pointing fingers because you'd rather this story was swept under the rug. Sad.

No. I'm fine with the story. But, the fact that the perps are black is not it.

No. I'm fine with the story. But, the fact that the perps are black is not it.

Does the media have an obligation to not show us Dylan Roof's face, since it's a different race than his victims?

Does the media have an obligation to not show us Dylan Roof's face, since it's a different race than his victims?

I'm not complaining about the media showing us their faces. I'm pointing at your motives for going out of your way to make sure you showed us their faces.

I'm not complaining about the media showing us their faces. I'm pointing at your motives for going out of your way to make sure you showed us their faces.

Click the link from the OP. What's the first thing you see?

Back
Top Bottom