• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canada relieved trade deal done, won't forget Trump attacks

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire, play nice with us, we will play nice, play rough and well, Kentucky might lose some jobs, that is your choice and tons of factories in the US rely on Canadian aluminum.

U.S. aluminum surge relies on Canada

Yeah the bourbon tariffs there to show our displeasure with the steel tariffs, don't like it, drop the steel tariffs and we will drop those tariffs and if you that is unfair, tough, we can play just as rough as Trump does.

If you cannot come up with good reason to justify these steel tariffs or even say what Canada can do to get Trump to drop these tariffs, then you do not want engage in a rational debate and any American worker who suffers because of this will be your on head. What is "honest talks" in your opinion? How has Canada not been honest?

Your own article supports Trump's justification for the steel and aluminum tariffs. US companies are expanding their production.

Your own article supports Trump's justification for the steel and aluminum tariffs. US companies are expanding their production.

And do they need steel and aluminum tariffs to do that? Seems like you do not want to compete on a level playing field. You just want an unfair advantage, its never about fair trade.

Do you know whether Kentucky can supply enough aluminum for itself, without Canadian imports?

Last edited:
And do they need steel and aluminum tariffs to do that? Seems like you do not want to compete on a level playing field.

:roll:

Open up your milk cartel before talking about level playing field.

:roll:

Open up your milk cartel before talking about level playing field.

We did, its in the deal.

What, did Trump not open the dairy market enough for your liking? Well complain to him then, do not whine to us.

Last edited:
And do they need steel and aluminum tariffs to do that? Seems like you do not want to compete on a level playing field. You just want an unfair advantage, its never about fair trade.

Do you know whether Kentucky can supply enough aluminum for itself, without Canadian imports?

I already gave you the link to Trump's justification for the tariffs. Did you read it?

Kentucky is irrelevant to the steel and aluminum tariffs...except for the fact that the state was selected by Canada as their target for retaliation...instead of negotiating solutions.

I already gave you the link to Trump's justification for the tariffs. Did you read it?

Kentucky is irrelevant to the steel and aluminum tariffs...except for the fact that the state was selected by Canada as their target for retaliation...instead of negotiating solutions.

I have rejected your explaination, you cannot come up with a good national security reason for these tariffs. Its not a good faith argument and I think it illegitimate.

If you want to play rough, we can play rough too, if you think the counter tariffs are bad, drop the steel tariffs.

We did, its in the deal.

What, did Trump not open the dairy market enough for your liking? Well complain to him then, do not whine to us.

eh, man, I thought Canadians were nice people. Not the Canadians on this forum.

I have rejected your explaination, you cannot come up with a good national security reason for these tariffs. Its not a good faith argument and I think it illegitimate.

If you want to play rough, we can play rough too, if you think the counter tariffs are bad, drop the steel tariffs.

LOL!!

It's not "my explanation". It's Trump's explanation. And hey...you are free to reject it if you want. You are also free to dance with Trump.

Just don't cry and whine when he leads.

eh, man, I thought Canadians were nice people. Not the Canadians on this forum.

Play nice with us and we do the same. Play rough and see why our national sport is hockey.

LOL!!

It's not "my explanation". It's Trump's explanation. And hey...you are free to reject it if you want. You are also free to dance with Trump.

Just don't cry and whine when he leads.

Its Trump's explaination and since you treat him like an idol to worship rather then a man, you cannot think of any explaination your self. You come off as someone who just buys into group think.

Fine, let the Kentucky bourbon industry take a hit because the your precious leader wants to play games.

Last edited:
Its Trump's explaination and since you treat him like an idol to worship rather then a man, you cannot think of any explaination your self. You come off as someone who just buys into group think.

Well, there you go. You can't come up with any meaningful discussion points, so you resort to talking about me.

We've been here before. You know the drill, right?

Fine, let the Kentucky bourbon industry take a hit because the your precious leader wants to play games.

Well, there you go. You can't come up with any meaningful discussion points, so you resort to talking about me.

We've been here before. You know the drill, right?

Your points are: Trump is right about these tariffs and its for national security. How do I know this, because Trump says so.

Stop using bad logic and I will stop critiquing your use of bad logic. You derail almost every thread with nonsense.

You engage in personal attacks all the time, saying someone is crying when they make an argument you do not like. You almost never debate in good faith.

I wouldn't do this if you if were able to be honest and knowledgable when you debate something, your bad logic always derails things.

Last edited:
Your points are: Trump is right about these tariffs and its for national security.

~snipped the whining and crying~

As the US President, Trump makes the call. Furthermore, he provided justification for his call.

You are free to disagree. Your government is free to disagree. Your government...and your country...will endure the results of their choices.

As the US President, Trump makes the call. Furthermore, he provided justification for his call.

You are free to disagree. Your government is free to disagree. Your government...and your country...will endure the results of their choices.

And what, people should blindly obey and trust the US President? How did that work out with Bush and Iraq?

You guys are such hypocrites on this issue, when a Dem is the President, you treat him like he is a tyrant or an idiot. When a Republican is President, you treat him like a god king and patriotism is linked with worshipping him.

And people in the US will feel these counter tariffs, because you support these steel tarifs, solely to please your god king.

I guess conservative individualism is everyone worshipping the same Republican strong man eh? You do not need to think for yourself the strong man can do it for you. Small government is all the power in the hands of one strong man and everyone blindly obeying him.

Last edited:
And what, people should blindly obey and trust the US President? How did that work out with Bush and Iraq?

You guys are such hypocrites on this issue, when a Dem is the President, you treat him like he is a tyrant or an idiot. When a Republican is President, you treat him like a god king and patriotism is linked with worshipping him.

And people in the US will feel these counter tariffs, that you support solely to please your god king.

Nobody should "blindly obey and trust the US President". I don't.

But I do recognize Trump's positions...and I agree with and support them.

You, of course, are free to disagree with him, even if you can only support your disagreement with the use of hyperbole.

So it goes...

Nobody should "blindly obey and trust the US President". I don't.

But I do recognize Trump's positions...and I agree with and support them.

You, of course, are free to disagree with him, even if you can only support your disagreement with the use of hyperbole.

So it goes...

How often do you acknowlwdge his errors? Its easy to say you do not think blindly obey him, putting it into practice actually requires work.

Here's a question could he be wrong about these tariffs or could be he being dishonest about any national security threat Canada supposedly poses for a selfish propose?

How often do you acknowlwdge his errors? Its easy to say you do not think blindly obey him, putting it into practice actually requires work.

Here's a question could he be wrong about these tariffs or could be he being dishonest about any national security threat Canada supposedly poses for a selfish propose?

What errors?

I already said I understand his positions, agree with him and support his actions.

If you disagree, you'll have to come up with something more than "you're blind".

What errors?

I already said I understand his positions, agree with him and support his actions.

If you disagree, you'll have to come up with something more than "you're blind".

The fact that you have to ask that question, means you are not seeking an honest answer. Everyone makes mistakes, unless you think Trump is perfect, you can find some yourself, I am not going to baby you here.

I think you blind, because that is what your arguments suggests, every argument is reactionary, canned responses that seem reacquire no thought, ''stop crying''/''you are dismissed'' non sense arguments and presenting conservative tree house talking points as facts. I judge you that way, because that is how you present yourself. Stop using bad logic, stop saying ''stop crying'', actually be open minded to different points of view and you may actually get good at debating, instead of being really bad at it.

Maybe should learn something about these issues and actually earn some of the hubris you have.

The fact that you have to ask that question, means you are not seeking an honest answer. Everyone makes mistakes, unless you think Trump is perfect, you can find some yourself, I am not going to baby you here.

shrug...

You are the one who mentioned errors. Name them...or don't. Your choice.

I think you blind, because that is what your arguments suggests, every argument is reactionary, canned responses that seem reacquire no thought, ''stop crying''/''you are dismissed'' non sense arguments and presenting conservative tree house talking points as facts. I judge you that way, because that is how you present yourself. Stop using bad logic, stop saying ''stop crying'', actually be open minded to different points of view and you may actually get good at debating, instead of being really bad at it.

Maybe should learn something about these issues and actually earn some of the hubris you have.

LOL!!

You are the one who didn't know about the issues. Heck, I had to tell you what USMCA was all about, what Trump objections to NAFTA were and, today, what his steel and aluminum tariffs are all about.

And even after educating you, you insist on crying and whining about "bully Trump".

Look. Once again, you are becoming tedious and boring.

You are dismissed.

shrug...

You are the one who mentioned errors. Name them...or don't. Your choice.

LOL!!

You are the one who didn't know about the issues. Heck, I had to tell you what USMCA was all about, what Trump objections to NAFTA were and, today, what his steel and aluminum tariffs are all about.

And even after educating you, you insist on crying and whining about "bully Trump".

Look. Once again, you are becoming tedious and boring.

You are dismissed.

Yes Trump doesn't make errors, he is the god king, he is perfect. Like you couldn't find something like this in 3 seoncds if you tried:

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...rrors-in-two-minutes-of-his-navy-speech-inbox

You can't find errors Trump has made, because you do not want to find them, god forbid anything break this perfect image of him. You say you do not follow him blindly, but your arguments suggest otherwise.

And if have not educated me about anything, your whole argument is Trump says we need the steel tariffs for national security reasons and that's it. You have not educated anyone, because you do not have any independent thoughts on this issue. No one in Canada buys this line, its not unassailable logic, because guess what, a lot of people think its BS. You say something is logical because you say it is, rather then proving it. You cannot educate anyone on this issue, because you have put no independent thought into, you just mindlessly obey conservative tree house and Trump. Your logic is circular, it doesn't work. ''The steel tariffs are good and are for national security, because Trump says so and he is right because he is Trump.'' A child could point out the flaw in that argument.

This is not about national security, this you wanting to have a steel industry that can have an unfair advantage in terms of foreign competition, you do not to trade at a fair level:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4355100/defends-steel-tariffs-canada-security-threat/

Lighthizer said the tariffs would be lifted if Canada agreed to a new deal, it did and the tariffs stayed. You guys keep on moving the goal posts when it comes to fair trade, because that is not what you really want, you do not want a fair trade playing field.

''But the decision to impose tariffs was aimed at protecting the American steel industry, he said. If the Americans want to protect their domestic steel and aluminum industry, the administration can’t exempt one country like Canada and allow steel to flow through its borders and into the United States, Lighthizer said.''

That is not a matter of national security, that is you guys wanting an uneven playing field for your steel industry.

Last edited:
Yes Trump doesn't make errors, he is the god king, he is perfect. Like you couldn't find something like this in 3 seoncds if you tried:

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...rrors-in-two-minutes-of-his-navy-speech-inbox

You can't find errors Trump has made, because you do not want to find them, god forbid anything break this perfect image of him. You say you do not follow him blindly, but your arguments suggest otherwise.

Talk about moving goal posts. We are talking about trade deals. But okay. Those appear to be errors...according to someone.

And if have not educated me about anything, your whole argument is Trump says we need the steel tariffs for national security reasons and that's it. You have not educated anyone, because you do not have any independent thoughts on this issue. No one in Canada buys this line, its not unassailable logic, because guess what, a lot of people think its BS. You say something is logical because you say it is, rather then proving it. You cannot educate anyone on this issue, because you have put no independent thought into, you just mindlessly obey conservative tree house and Trump. Your logic is circular, it doesn't work. ''The steel tariffs are good and are for national security, because Trump says so and he is right because he is Trump.'' A child could point out the flaw in that argument.

This is not about national security, this you wanting to have a steel industry that can have an unfair advantage in terms of foreign competition, you do not to trade at a fair level:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4355100/defends-steel-tariffs-canada-security-threat/

As I said, you can believe whatever you want...or whatever someone else says. It doesn't matter. You have to deal with what Trump says...and does.

Lighthizer said the tariffs would be lifted if Canada agreed to a new deal, it did and the tariffs stayed. You guys keep on moving the goal posts when it comes to fair trade, because that is not what you really want, you do not want a fair trade playing field.

''But the decision to impose tariffs was aimed at protecting the American steel industry, he said. If the Americans want to protect their domestic steel and aluminum industry, the administration can’t exempt one country like Canada and allow steel to flow through its borders and into the United States, Lighthizer said.''

That is not a matter of national security, that is you guys wanting an uneven playing field for your steel industry.

Negotiations have a way of changing deals as positions change. That's the facts of life. Get used to it and deal with it.

Don't cry and whine.

Talk about moving goal posts. We are talking about trade deals. But okay. Those appear to be errors...according to someone.

I asked if you think he made any errors in general, not just about trade, I am judging your bias towards him more then anything. I can bring up trade errors if you want:

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/08/trumps-trade-balance-mistake/

Do those count or is he still perfect?

As I said, you can believe whatever you want...or whatever someone else says. It doesn't matter. You have to deal with what Trump says...and does.

But what evidence do you have that he is making decisions about these tariffs in a fair and logical manner? None, that is why your logic is circular. You think everyone should mindlessly trust Trump on this, but you have no arguments beyond ''Trump says so''.

Negotiations have a way of changing deals as positions change. That's the facts of life. Get used to it and deal with it.

Don't cry and whine.

Ah so fair trade to you means Trump can move the goal posts whenever he wants and fair trade is BS, got it.

Don''t cry and whine, only Republicans are allowed to that. They are the real victims:

The conservative persecution complex | The Princetonian

This why I can't take you seriously, all your ''stop whining and stop being victim'' is BS, when Trump and his followers act like victims all the time.

Every time you talk about Canada being unfair when it comes to trade or the liberal media being mean to conservatives, guess what, you are being a professional victim. Your whole movement is a victim complex movement.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/thom...-31/donald-trumps-victim-complex-is-a-problem

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/shame/201508/the-populist-appeal-trumps-narcissism

https://www.cnn.com/2015/08/11/politics/donald-trump-refutes-third-party-run-report/index.html

You have such hubris, but you have no skill or even self awareness to back it up. You part of a movement of professional victims who tells others to stop wining. This lack of self awareness makes you seem like a clown, not a serious debater.

From now on, every time you say ''stop crying'' in a debate, I will stop treating you seriously, because that point, you do not want a serious debate and you deserve hyperbole.

Last edited:
I asked if you think he made any errors in general, not just about trade, I am judging your bias towards him more then anything. I can bring up trade errors if you want:

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/08/trumps-trade-balance-mistake/

Do those count or is he still perfect?

But what evidence do you have that he is making decisions about these tariffs in a fair and logical manner? None, that is why your logic is circular. You think everyone should mindlessly trust Trump on this, but you have no arguments beyond ''Trump says so''.

Ah so fair trade to you means Trump can move the goal posts whenever he wants and fair trade is BS, got it.

Don''t cry and whine, only Republicans are allowed to that. They are the real victims:

The conservative persecution complex | The Princetonian

This why I can't take you seriously, all your ''stop whining and stop being victim'' is BS, when Trump and his followers act like victims all the time.

Every time you talk about Canada being unfair when it comes to trade or the liberal media being mean to conservatives, guess what, you are being a professional victim. Your whole movement is a victim complex movement.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/thom...-31/donald-trumps-victim-complex-is-a-problem

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/shame/201508/the-populist-appeal-trumps-narcissism

https://www.cnn.com/2015/08/11/politics/donald-trump-refutes-third-party-run-report/index.html

You have such hubris, but you have no skill or even self awareness to back it up. You part of a movement of professional victims who tells others to stop wining. This lack of self awareness makes you seem like a clown, not a serious debater.

From now on, every time you say ''stop crying'' in a debate, I will stop treating you seriously, because that point, you do not want a serious debate and you deserve hyperbole.

So. Here you go with the "fair" nonsense again. You now cry about Trump being unfair and moving the goal posts. What you refuse to understand is that everyone in a negotiation moves goal posts. Even Canada.

But, of course, when Trump does it, he's a bully. He's unfair.

I'm done with you and your crying.

So. Here you go with the "fair" nonsense again. You now cry about Trump being unfair and moving the goal posts. What you refuse to understand is that everyone in a negotiation moves goal posts. Even Canada.

But, of course, when Trump does it, he's a bully. He's unfair.

I'm done with you and your crying.

Your one who kept on talking about fair trade and every time I point out how that is BS and you guys have no interest in real fair trade, you say ''stop crying'' because that is all you got when I call out your BS. ''Stop crying'' from you means stop telling me things I don't like. When did Canada move the goal posts in these talks? Can you say or are you making stuff up.

Trump is was the one who whined and acted like a victim, talking about how mean Canada was on trade and how a new deal has to be fair, every time I bring up one of the US unfair tactics, you brush it off, so ''fair trade'' is rules for thee, but not for me. Heck you still do not want to talk about how supply chains work or how cross border trade creates jobs in the US, because you know nothing about those things and refuse to learn.

You and Trump said in the past, that these tariffs would stay in place until there was a new deal in place, so we have new deal in place, pray tell, where have you moved the goal posts now?

Back
Top Bottom