• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

But, but where could God come from

Let him without sin...

I am not casting stones. I am just reporting what the bible you believe in says. Jesus himself that the law would NEVER be abolished. Paul comes along and creates his own religion by saying the law died on the cross. One of these two is right. Who would you expect that would be?

I am not casting stones. I am just reporting what the bible you believe in says. Jesus himself that the law would NEVER be abolished. Paul comes along and creates his own religion by saying the law died on the cross. One of these two is right. Who would you expect that would be?

Well, that is lie which you do not understand what Jesus or Paul meant....

Funny thing about that passage. The earlier copies of the Gospel of John didn't have that in there. It was an insertion later. That makes it seem to be just a story.

lol...tell me something I don't know...yet it still rings true...

Non sequitur.

Forgive me if I don't bother going further.
"Further"? That's hilarious. You're forgiven of course, but you have a gift for comedy and should not waste it.

Newsflash for the Internet Skeptics blithering in this thread:

It doesn't matter where God came from.
It doesn't matter to the cosmological argument, and it doesn't matter period.

Wake up!

Care to explain it?

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished” (Matthew 5:17–18)

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished” (Matthew 5:17–18)

You're cherry picking...can you explain what Jesus meant by being fulfilled/accomplished? NM, I'll do it for you...Jesus himself said that all the prophecies concerning the Messiah were certain of realization, “must be fulfilled"...

"He then said to them: “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was yet with you, that all the things written about me in the Law of Moses and in the Prophets and Psalms must be fulfilled.” Luke 22:44

"From that time forward, Jesus began explaining to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes and be killed, and on the third day be raised up." Matthew 16:21

Do you get it now?

You're cherry picking...can you explain what Jesus meant by being fulfilled/accomplished? NM, I'll do it for you...Jesus himself said that all the prophecies concerning the Messiah were certain of realization, “must be fulfilled"...

"He then said to them: “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was yet with you, that all the things written about me in the Law of Moses and in the Prophets and Psalms must be fulfilled.” Luke 22:44

"From that time forward, Jesus began explaining to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes and be killed, and on the third day be raised up." Matthew 16:21

Do you get it now?

Nope, I do not "get it now". What is it you do not understand about until heaven and earth disappear/

Nope, I do not "get it now". What is it you do not understand about until heaven and earth disappear/

Everything about Jesus that the prophets said was fulfilled, right down to his death...everything was fulfilled/accomplished...that was Jesus' point, not that heaven and earth would disappear but fulfillment was sure to happen...and it did...he fulfilled the Law...fulfillment brings an end...it is done, finished...when a contract, which is what the Law was between Jehovah God and Israel was, is fulfilled, it is no longer valid...

The Lord of the Rings admit is is fiction so it's true that is is false, the Bible does not do that

The Bible is a compendium rife with fictional oral tales and traditions handed down by people who never indicated it was anything other than that.

OM

"Further"? That's hilarious. You're forgiven of course, but you have a gift for comedy and should not waste it.

You're entire response to my one-sentence debunking of your silly word game (I wouldn't call it an argument) is to quibble (incorrectly) with my word choice?

That speaks volumes.

what bad logic? God is defined in the Bible:roll:

God being defined in the bible has nothing to do with the special pleading (bad logic) in the Cosmological argument.

Why not create a sound argument where God being defined in the bible is included in the premises?

God is the greatest thing ever conceived .so it makes sense why nothing else is at his level, otherwise it would be God, but there is only one God

That's nice. And blue cupcakes are greater than God.

Now back to the Cosmological Argument, and the fallacious special pleading which falsifies the premises, and thus defeats the entire argument.

You're entire response to my one-sentence debunking of your silly word game (I wouldn't call it an argument) is to quibble (incorrectly) with my word choice?

That speaks volumes.
No, I wasn't quibbling with your word choice; I was pointing out its absurdity given your one-sentence response, which was not a matter of "debunking," but rather of dismissal.

No, I wasn't quibbling with your word choice; I was pointing out its absurdity given your one-sentence response, which was not a matter of "debunking," but rather of dismissal.

It doesn't take more than one sentence to debunk your so-called argument. One was more than enough. If one premise for a syllogism (and I use the word loosely) is faulty, the entire argument falls apart.

But if you want more reasons, feel free to read them among the other 2400+ replies in that same thread, including several by me.

It doesn't take more than one sentence to debunk your so-called argument. One was more than enough. If one premise for a syllogism (and I use the word loosely) is faulty, the entire argument falls apart.

But if you want more reasons, feel free to read them among the other 2400+ replies in that same thread, including several by me.
This may come as a surprise to you, sport, but a sentence is supposed to have content. Without content it is merely noise. As noise it is simply pollution. If you must pollute, I'd advise that you pollute where you won't get caught by me.

This may come as a surprise to you, sport, but a sentence is supposed to have content. Without content it is merely noise. As noise it is simply pollution. If you must pollute, I'd advise that you pollute where you won't get caught by me.

You're so cute when you flail.

I see you're asking some tough questions.

I already did that (well, statements, actually, in case we're being pedantic), and the entire response I got was flailing and self-refuting. I respond to substance with substance and flailing with ridicule. Anything else is a waste of time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom