• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bolt-action rifle ordered turned in by Australian officials as it’s too ‘assaulty’ (VIDEO)

Demonstrations are one thing, but when they become violent or block the free passage of other citizens, they need to be arrested.

What right do you have to trample on the rights of others?

What the hell is BoR? Seems like a wild pig to me. Can you spell things out for those of use who are not in your little clique?

Looks like someone needs a nap. ^^^

I think people should be skeptical and wary about the government. I see the government as a necessary evil-I worked for the Federal government for 24 years and most of the people I worked with were top of the drawer dedicated civil servants who wanted to give back. One guy in particular-who works a minimum of 60 hours a week despite being only paid for forty-graduated in the top ten at Harvard Law. He'd be making a minimum 750K a year in a big Cincinnati Law firm with his credentials and work effort. My former section head was first in his class at a good state law school and spent his first 5 years (as a Polish guy from Cleveland) desegregating schools in Mississippi and Alabama. Death threats and insults were a daily occurrence in the late sixties and early seventies doing that. Again, this guy could have made far more at some big firm with a lot less hassle. However, I saw enough of the system to know government has to be kept in check and under the watchful eyes of citizens.

I agree the system needs to be kept in check...but undermining the rule of law and dismantling the checks and balances out of pure spite and ignorance isn't the way to do it.

and JFK was an NRA member

BFD

The discussion was about the past generations...and yes, JFK was an NRA member long before it became politicized and started misinterpreting the 2nd and writing laws to their benefit.

Last edited:
The discussion was about the past generations...and yes, JFK was an NRA member long before it became politicized and started writing our laws to their benefit.

So, come up with support for your claims about the NRA being a terrorist organization?

Please show how the NRA profits from dead children and/or mass killings. Your additional CLAIM the acts increased membership has not been supported one bit.

He's baaaaack. :roll:

Bolt-action rifle ordered turned in by Australian officals as it's too 'assaulty' (VIDEO)

This is what those of us opposed to "common sense" gun laws ae concerned with. The letter quite literally reclassifies the weapon based on nothing more than appearance. There's nothing "common sense" about that.

The letter explaining the reclassification is here - http://14544-presscdn-0-64.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Riverman-OAF-ABF.pdf

Well, they just used to much assault.

The innocent victims of gun shots might differ with you on that score.

How is taking away guns from law abiding citizens going to keep guns out of law breakers?

The innocent victims of gun shots might differ with you on that score.

How can they claim that I am wrong about how I feel? and I am certainly not restricting anyone's rights

Every time somebody says stupid **** like this, you have to consider if maybe he's not sipping tea on Savushkina Street.

still spewing that idiocy about Russia? BTW you just destroyed an entire star fleet worth of space traveling irony meters with that quip

Not when idiots like the OP is about, are doing the so called "control" :roll:

There are many who are willing to be more moderate in their gun control views....but doing nothing is unacceptable

I like you TD...but when it comes to the gun debate...I don't think your honest.

I don't think assault weapons should be banned...but I do believe they should be regulated a lot more than they are now.

the guy that calls the NRA a "domestic terrorist organization".. is worried about calling other people "honest" about the gun debate? :shock:

The NRA is the premier organization promoting gun safety.. trains and certifies the highest number of safety instructors both for police and civilians. Promotes safe shooting sports and gives millions for the development of safe gun ranges for people to use firearms appropriately.

NOTHING the NRA does.. including lobbying constitutes "a terrorist organization".

It just amazes me that you can criticize TD for not being honest.. when you can spew such hyperbole.

the guy that calls the NRA a "domestic terrorist organization".. is worried about calling other people "honest" about the gun debate? :shock:

The NRA is the premier organization promoting gun safety.. trains and certifies the highest number of safety instructors both for police and civilians. Promotes safe shooting sports and gives millions for the development of safe gun ranges for people to use firearms appropriately.

NOTHING the NRA does.. including lobbying constitutes "a terrorist organization".

It just amazes me that you can criticize TD for not being honest.. when you can spew such hyperbole.

But he posted "evidence" It's on the internet, tee shirts and some random ass billboard in some random town!!!! :lamo

Have you got rid of your Garand and 1911 yet? Both are weapons of war.

Along with any swords, bows, crossbows, spears, shovels, farming hand tools, hatchets, tomahawks, and a huge number of knives. There is no cure for Stupidity, one should always keep that in mind when dealing with the Stupid among us.

...and Australia has just as much freedom, too.
Is this to say you believe America is still free? Okay Australia is more free and fewer people are killed with guns.

Along with any swords, bows, crossbows, spears, shovels, farming hand tools, hatchets, tomahawks, and a huge number of knives. There is no cure for Stupidity, one should always keep that in mind when dealing with the Stupid among us.

Jet 57 is on record stating he owns a Garand and a 1911, yet he beats the "ban weapons of war" drum as loud as anyone. How hypocritical...:lamo

Yer kinda late to the party, pal....

https://www.debatepolitics.com/gun-...s-s-too-assaulty-video-25.html#post1068288325

Back
Top Bottom