• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Black Lives Matter' mural being painted on Fifth Ave. in front of Trump Tower

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
[h=1]'Black Lives Matter' painted in front of Trump Tower on 5th Avenue[/h]'''Black Lives Matter''' painted on 5th Avenue in front of Trump Tower - ABC7 New York
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Community members gripped the handle of rollers and stroke by stroke, yellow paint filled in the letters spelling Black Lives Matter.

The new mural was painted In the middle of 5th Avenue between 56th and 57th Street in the shadow of Trump Tower.

"What it says is America is towering over hate," said Eric Adams, Brooklyn Borough President.

"I think it's a great symbol. I hope it goes beyond that. I hope you, the media, are covering Black Lives Matter," said Amber Fairweather, a participant.

At Foley Square Thursday morning, city council members gathered at a different Black Lives Matter mural to unveil the co-naming of the street to Black Lives Matter Boulevard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder how Trump likes this after receiving a death blow from the Supreme Court ruling?

I gotta be honest. I’m happy about it just because of the irritation it’ll cause Trump and his followers. :lamo

[h=1]'Black Lives Matter' painted in front of Trump Tower on 5th Avenue[/h]'''Black Lives Matter''' painted on 5th Avenue in front of Trump Tower - ABC7 New York
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Community members gripped the handle of rollers and stroke by stroke, yellow paint filled in the letters spelling Black Lives Matter.

The new mural was painted In the middle of 5th Avenue between 56th and 57th Street in the shadow of Trump Tower.

"What it says is America is towering over hate," said Eric Adams, Brooklyn Borough President.

"I think it's a great symbol. I hope it goes beyond that. I hope you, the media, are covering Black Lives Matter," said Amber Fairweather, a participant.

At Foley Square Thursday morning, city council members gathered at a different Black Lives Matter mural to unveil the co-naming of the street to Black Lives Matter Boulevard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder how Trump likes this after receiving a death blow from the Supreme Court ruling?

I don't think it bothers him. After all, it's just paint on the street.

But hey...what "death blow" are you referring to?

But hey...what "death blow" are you referring to?

Everything bothers him...., EVERYTHING

The 'death blow' that I refer to is the fact that the AG of Manhattan district is going to have access to all Trump's business and personal financial records. Trump would do anything, including murder to shield himself from any scandals, and he has done that with the intentional murder of Jeffrey Epstein facilitated by Bill Barr of course.

That'll piss off the racists.

Hey don't forget; that's soon to be Barack Obama Avenue!

Ooops, I didn't know the city nixed that. Oh well. poor Twumpy!

This kind of crap just goes to prove that BLM is more of a political cause than it is about "justice" or "police brutality". Even if BLM did have a valid gripe their movement has been wholly co-opted political activists.

This kind of crap just goes to prove that BLM is more of a political cause than it is about "justice" or "police brutality". Even if BLM did have a valid gripe their movement has been wholly co-opted political activists.

Aww are you offended?

Everything bothers him...., EVERYTHING

The 'death blow' that I refer to is the fact that the AG of Manhattan district is going to have access to all Trump's business and personal financial records. Trump would do anything, including murder to shield himself from any scandals, and he has done that with the intentional murder of Jeffrey Epstein facilitated by Bill Barr of course.

Actually, the Supremes sent the question back to the lower court.

Even if the lower court rules against Trump, nobody will get them until after the election. I'd hardly call that a death blow.

Last edited:

You can definitely wrap some OCCUPY up in that.

They won't get them until after the election. I'd hardly call that a death blow.

If Trump doesn't hand them over before the election it will cost him votes. It'll be a loud issue that won't be allowed to go away.
If the worst is assumed on no evidence he'll have only himself to blame. Trump will be made to look guilty and it will cost him votes he can't afford.

Even if the lower court rules against Trump, nobody will get them until after the election. I'd hardly call that a death blow.
You might be correct that his returns won’t become public before November. The reality at this point is very few Americans need to see Trump’s tax records to solidify their vote one way or the other.

As for Trump’s “death blow”, he’s already blowing himself without any assistance. ;)

A sure sign that NYC has plenty of "resources" thus is not in need of federal/state aid. ;)

Yes they did but with the SCOTUS decision that Trump's lawyers can no longer use their prime argument which is that Trump, as long as he's a sitting president, is above the law. Unless Jay Sekulow and Trump's other lawyers can come up with something new, something that will convince the lower court of appeals, they will lose.

How many Independent voters or even Republicans for that matter, will cast a vote for Trump when they understand that in a matter of months, he could be facing federal criminal charges, he and his children too? How many are going to waste their vote on a potential criminal who will go out of the White House in handcuffs?

Ain't Trump just dreamy!

714mO0Xs6iL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

He will fight tooth and nail to ensure the American people don't find out his worth is much closer to 5 million than it is to 5 billion.

Aww are you offended?

It isn't the kind of thing that would ever be "offensive" to me. I'm merely pointing out the fact that BLM, far from being a "social justice" movement, is merely a political component of the Democrat party. This stunt is 100% campaign related and 0% "justice" related which, if I were actually interested in "restorative justice", WOULD offend me.

Saved by bureaucracy!

Our legal system is a joke. Our corrupt president has been able to simply delay , delay, delay. Of course, you're cheering it on. Hope you're fine when it's a liberal who can just delay, delay, delay while his supporters cheer him hiding evidence from Congress.

A sure sign that NYC has plenty of "resources" thus is not in need of federal/state aid. ;)

We give more to the pot than we take. Few red states can say the same.

If Trump doesn't hand them over before the election it will cost him votes. It'll be a loud issue that won't be allowed to go away.
If the worst is assumed on no evidence he'll have only himself to blame. Trump will be made to look guilty and it will cost him votes he can't afford.

He will hand them over when the court tells him to hand them over.

He hasn't been told that yet.

You might be correct that his returns won’t become public before November. The reality at this point is very few Americans need to see Trump’s tax records to solidify their vote one way or the other.

As for Trump’s “death blow”, he’s already blowing himself without any assistance. ;)

I didn't say "public". I said "nobody".

Saved by bureaucracy!

Our legal system is a joke. Our corrupt president has been able to simply delay , delay, delay. Of course, you're cheering it on. Hope you're fine when it's a liberal who can just delay, delay, delay while his supporters cheer him hiding evidence from Congress.

Why are you surprised? Heck, Obama...Bush...Clinton...Bush...and on and on...they've all used that delay tactic.

Were you fine when they did it?

You're correct of course. The leader of the free world has very thick skin.

He will hand them over when the court tells him to hand them over.

He hasn't been told that yet.

It'll cost him. He said he'd hand them over last election. If he's presumed guilty on no evidence it'll be his own damn fault.
The reasons to walk away from supporting him keep stacking higher. There was just barely enough support last time to get him elected and not all of them are committed Trumpelievers. Lots just voted for him to keep a SCOTUS nomination out of Democratic hands and the SCOTUS is safely conservative now. Lots of the rest will turn their backs on him because of so much crap like this, thinking there's too much smoke for there to not be any fire.
Unless someone working on Trumps behalf can dig or manufacture a really impressive pile of dirt on Biden your boy hasn't got a snowballs chance in hell.

Back
Top Bottom