• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Benghazi Lies and The 2012 Presidential Election Cycle[W:185]

Interesting that an American would call out a Canadian for lack of understanding of the world. I have travelled quite a bit internationally during my business career, usually to Europe and Canada. I can tell you the average college educated European and Canadian has a superior understanding to world affairs and cultures than that of Americans. Most Americans never leave the country, except maybe to go to Canada or, if they are really adventurous, Mexico or a Caribbean island.

Only 30 Percent of Americans Have Passports: Why It Matters - New York - News - Runnin' Scared
How many Americans own passports? (Phil Gyford’s website)

I'm in the tourism business in Central America and like many tourist areas throughout the world we rely largely on American guests. I've found them to be as well informed and worldly as any other cultural group, usually moreso. It's not my place to say how different cultures may rank on the sophistication scale but Americans are, among others, at the very top.

I'm in the tourism business in Central America and like many tourist areas throughout the world we rely largely on American guests. I've found them to be as well informed and worldly as any other cultural group, usually moreso. It's not my place to say how different cultures may rank on the sophistication scale but Americans are, among others, at the very top.

You're seeing the top echelon of Americans. 70% of Americans don't even have a passport.

You Canadians still don't realize that cowboy diplomacy is the best policy.

Cowboy diplomacy is actually a compliment, given the character, courage and sense of justice associated with much of the cowboy image.

I have found most Europeans on forums think they have a superior education to those of us in the us. And folks likeupsidedownguy there evidence their lack of understanding of how vast our country is by makig silly little comparisons based on silly little stastistica, and when there are fuel issues for this country the general idea they put forth is that all Americans live close enough to our jobs to ride a bike!

You're seeing the top echelon of Americans. 70% of Americans don't even have a passport.

Yes, i suppose I'm missing out on at least 47%.

On the other hand Ive been in 45 states, working interstate hauling furniture, and was always treated as a friend wherever I went. Quite a change from Europe, where I also spent a lot of time.

Why do all Americans need one? Those ghetto dwellers who have allowed themselves to be oppressed by that $500/month and food stamps your kind is so eager to hand out certainly would have no use for a passport.

Yes, i suppose I'm missing out on at least 47%.

On the other hand Ive been in 45 states, working interstate hauling furniture, and was always treated as a friend wherever I went. Quite a change from Europe, where I also spent a lot of time.

I wish I could say that. Even though I have been in most states having a southern accent gets my education and experience discounted rather quickly in the north. I just have to let the yankees know they sound funny too, but I have enough manners not to mention it~! If I hadn't needed the contact hours so much I would have walked out of a conference in Nashville and demanded my money back with the speaker told what a delight it was to come and 'help the ignorant people of the south.' Everyone at my table had a doctorate and she just had a master's.

Last edited:
Last edited:
OK, this thread is about Obama's bungling of the the Benghazi attacks that killed 4 americans. I know you dem/libs want to change the subject, but it not going away.

The mother of one dead seal (a democrat and obama voter) said that she holds obama responsible for murdering her son.

This is 1000 times worse than watergate or monicagate-----it will be the end of obama, one way or the other.

I have found most Europeans on forums think they have a superior education to those of us in the us. And folks likeupsidedownguy there evidence their lack of understanding of how vast our country is by makig silly little comparisons based on silly little stastistica, and when there are fuel issues for this country the general idea they put forth is that all Americans live close enough to our jobs to ride a bike!

Yes, Europeans consider themselves quite sophisticated if they go from Germany to Holland or England to Scotland but no credits are given for going from Miami to Luckenback.

The stereotypes of Western Europeans (less so with eastern Europeans) of Americans is shocking. I've been in several third world countries where these stereotypes exist due to movies or TV but don't expect much else from those who don't have the educational opportunities most of us share. But the Western Europeans are first world and do have access to information, and yet still fall back on the same stereotypes as the impoverished third world people. It's always been a mystery why this is so, though there are many theories.

I wish I could say that. Even though I have been in most states having a southern accent gets my education and experience discounted rather quickly in the north. I just have to let the yankees know they sound funny too, but I have enough manners not to mention it~! If I hadn't needed the contact hours so much I would have walked out of a conference in Nashville and demanded my money back with the speaker told what a delight it was to come and 'help the ignorant people of the south.' Everyone at my table had a doctorate and she just had a master's.

I was at a play here in Vancouver where one of the characters, despite being Canadian, adopted a Southern accent to let the audience know he was a little backward. It's truly ignorant, and that cliche spoke a lot for thew quality of the play, btw.

OK, this thread is about Obama's bungling of the the Benghazi attacks that killed 4 americans. I know you dem/libs want to change the subject, but it not going away.

The mother of one dead seal (a democrat and obama voter) said that she holds obama responsible for murdering her son.

This is 1000 times worse than watergate or monicagate-----it will be the end of obama, one way or the other.

I hope if he is elected, he gets to spend the last half of his lame duck years wrangling over it, so he won't have time to do even more damage to our contry.

How will it be the end, Bobcat, if he is control of the facts and has the media as a buffer?

I was at a play here in Vancouver where one of the characters, despite being Canadian, adopted a Southern accent to let the audience know he was a little backward. It's truly ignorant, and that cliche spoke a lot for thew quality of the play, btw.

Not surprised. But my own SIL split from Canada for the American south. Actions speaking you know..........

How does one say "aboot" or "don't cha know" with a southern accent? :lol:

How does one say "aboot" or "don't cha know" with a southern accent? :lol:

"Awww boot" and doon chaall know?"

It never really caught on though outside the play (ever thinning audiences), which is a shame. The slowness gives time to reconsider your opinion until you get it just right, and is far more fun.

How will it be the end, Bobcat, if he is control of the facts and has the media as a buffer?

The truth has a way of getting through all of the media and administration cover ups,
Obama failed in the most basic duty of a president---protecting americans. He has no excuse. It will bring him down. Lying always does.

Ah, my point is that Americans are not very well travelled, hence not particularly well informed on world matters (implication, its important to experience these things to really understand them) You are dealing with Americans that actually get out of the country now and then, so you are not really refuting my point. Americans just are not world travellers (30% hold passports); but those that do, do understand the world better than those that don't.

I thought interesting that in 2004, passport holders supported Kerry 58-35 over Bush (the cowboy diplomat), suggesting that those that actually see the world have a different understanding of it.

Passport holders prefer Kerry (58%) to Bush (35%)

Ah, my point is that Americans are not very well travelled, hence not particularly well informed on world matters (implication, its important to experience these things to really understand them) You are dealing with Americans that actually get out of the country now and then, so you are not really refuting my point. Americans just are not world travellers (30% hold passports); but those that do, do understand the world better than those that don't.

I thought interesting that in 2004, passport holders supported Kerry 58-35 over Bush (the cowboy diplomat), suggesting that those that actually see the world have a different understanding of it.

Only American liberals are not well traveled. Quite frankly, they don't have the money and don't know how to make it. Welfare and liberal arts degrees both pay squat! They merely parrot the same ole bs from Europeans on forums.

This hoary cliche should be abandoned once and for all.

Some of the greatest thinkers of the world never traveled far from their home towns or villages. Robbie Burns less than 50 miles, Shakespeare from London to Stafford. I've traveled a great deal in my life, not a boast by the way, and have met with many idiots who were also going from one place to another, often trying to leave their past and start afresh somewhere else, but bringing their personal problems with them.

I have many friends who envy my travels but I am no more smarter than they, our experiences have just been different. We all carry our own insights and intelligence around with us and traveling the world for the next 20 years won't effect that much one way or the other if we don;t have the insight of our observations. "The proper study of mankind is man". (Pope??)

Of course Libyan security forces were involved in the defense of the consulate, but never mind.... :roll:

You mean the ones that were taking pictures of the compound prior to the attack?

Only American liberals are not well traveled. Quite frankly, they don't have the money and don't know how to make it. Welfare and liberal arts degrees both pay squat! They merely parrot the same ole bs from Europeans on forums.

I have a liberal arts degree, and I'm doing ok.

Of course, I'm not a liberal though...

Your sig line is perfect for describing your post

You think you know, but you have no idea!

Back
Top Bottom