• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Belgium- Muslim Political Party Seeks Islamic State- What Should be Done if Voters Agree?

What Should Belgium do if the Islamic Party Wins Elections and implements Sharia Law

• Total voters
No. Atheists are not going to do that. But, true secular governments are not going to allow religious extremism to make inroads. It just doesn't happen that way.

We're seeing a culture clash in Belgium and in other places, and the answer is NOT to allow new extremism to enter just because vestiges of old extremism may still exist.

When you look at what many term "Christian" countries, such as the US and in Europe, etc., you'll find that it was moderate Christians who took steps to keep the extremists in order. That's a natural form of evolution. In these nations, the Christians have moderated (for the most part) and the laws in these countries reflect that.

Now, enter Islam in the high numbers that we're seeing in some places and it's no wonder we're having issues -- when comparing Islam to Christianity (in these first-world nations), we find that the Christians are more evolved than Muslims. Islam, in fact, is a couple hundred years behind Christianity in social evolution.

While it's nice to respect the religion of another, if that religion brings with it domination of women and condemnation of homosexuals, those aspects MUST be denounced and banned. We can't have countries moving backwards in social evolution after all.

When it comes to any place where Muslims want to implement any form of Sharia Law, the answer is not just no -- but Hell no. Even if they want to use it to arbitrate divorces, etc., it lowers the status of women, therefore, it cannot be tolerated.

After nearly two thousand years we just now loosened the death grip of Christianity imposing subjugation of women and condemnation of homosexuals. To pretend that they were the ones protecting those values is laughably stupid. Social progress has come from secularism and rejecting religious influence. We dragged christians kicking and screaming into the 21st century. Christian doctrine hasn't changed in 2000 years, western society has. We no longer tolerate their bull**** so we're naturally not going to tolerate it from the Muslims either. Western society is more evolved than middle-eastern society, it is not that christians that are more evolved than the muslims. Both doctrines are as regressive as ever.

The capital of the EU is Brussels. Um hm.

What would your opinion be if a neo-Nazi party won a democratic election in Europe? Would you demand to let the vote stand, in the name of democracy?

Europe has no capital. Belgium is not a city. If if's and and's were pots and pans, there'd be no work for tinker's hands.

~ it lowers the status of women, therefore, it cannot be tolerated.

And what about where Christian countries try to remove the right of women to control their own bodies? There are moves to overturn abortion rights won through secular gains in the US...

Erm, you asked for biblical courts in America and I gave you evidence.

Links please?

Sometimes posters forget that "Europe" can include states such as Turkey / Bosnia Herzegovina - dependent on the statistics source...

I tend to use PEW for balanced reality on the muslim growth scare.
Oh...Phew...you use the PEW research. Well then Im surprised you needed to ask for the source.
Muslim Population Growth in Europe | Pew Research Center

I mean...it IS right there in the link you posted.

And what about where Christian countries try to remove the right of women to control their own bodies? There are moves to overturn abortion rights won through secular gains in the US...

Oh yes...opposing the butchering of unborn children is the EXACT SAME THING as killing your teen-aged daughter for wearing western clothing. Opposing gay marriage is the EXACT SAME THING as throwing homosexuals from buildings.

Oh yes...opposing the butchering of unborn children is the EXACT SAME THING as killing your teen-aged daughter for wearing western clothing. Opposing gay marriage is the EXACT SAME THING as throwing homosexuals from buildings.

Hyperbole aside, the point I was making was about control over women and lowering their status. Do you deny taking choice away from women lowers their status?

Oh...Phew...you use the PEW research. Well then Im surprised you needed to ask for the source.
Muslim Population Growth in Europe | Pew Research Center

I mean...it IS right there in the link you posted.

OK, so which bit tells you muslims will either overtake the native population or at least produce enough muslims to change our democracy into some kind of islamist hell-hole?

Hyperbole aside, the point I was making was about control over women and lowering their status. Do you deny taking choice away from women lowers their status?

OK, so which bit tells you muslims will either overtake the native population or at least produce enough muslims to change our democracy into some kind of islamist hell-hole?
:lamo

This is precisely why I seldom bother posting sources anymore. It doesnt matter. Give me the source. No source! Hah! You are wrong. SOurce? Well...so????

I posted the EXACT figures of the source YOU claimed you had read...and obviously...you didnt, cuz if you had you would know how silly you look right now and wouldnt have asked me for the source...that showed the exact figures I posted. So why the **** did you ask for the source and just admit beforehand that no matter what source I gave that supported the numbers, you were just going to say Well...so?

Europe is ****ed. Your leaders are bringing in Muslims as fast as they can get away with, you are absorbing illegal immigrants, and you are being out populated. It may take a few more generations (or a few less, depending on how many European women they can impregnate) but at some point in the not too distant future, Europe will simply be an extension of the Middle East. Hey...you know what? Ive been all throughout the middle east for many years. With any luck you will just become a Muslim state similar to UAE. But odds are pretty good that there will be plenty of pockets of fundamentalism there as well. You may not be alive to feel the impact, but Id bet money your kids will and your grandkids damn sure will. So buckle up, baby. You are all in for a bumpy ride. You think the terror attacks and **** they are experiencing with sex gangs are an issue now? You aint seen nothing yet. But why should you care? I'm SURE they will be loving and accepting of liberal ideals and philosophies and most importantly...lifestyles.

No...there is no 'hyperbole aside'. Opposing the butchering of unborn children is not oppression of women...its creating the expectation of responsible choices (on both parties part) and the sanctity of human life. But any time you make the stupid comparison to opposing abortion as a response to Muslims that ****ing kill their BORN teen-aged daughters for wearing western clothes, or dating outside the religion or for being ****ing raped you make yourself and your entire argument look stupid.

As for 'womens rights' and the subject that 'likes' your comment...have him tell you all about Samia Shahid and Sinead Wooding. IF that is he can talk about those cases without running the risk of being thrown in jail in the UK for saying something that might offend somebody.

So there's really nothing to worry about in Europe.

There are actually heaps of things to worry about in Europe in general and Belgium specifically.

To name just a few:

• The rise of old school nationalism and fascism.
  • The exponentially increasing poverty due to neo-liberal pseudo-austerity policies.
  • The decline in quality of education à la USA.
  • The apparently runaway chaotic oscillations of the atmospheric system.
  • The losing battle against resistant bacterii and viri.
  • The apathetic acceptance by the general populace of totalitarian concepts implemented by so-called mainstream political parties.
  • The increasing shift of power away from political representatives towards unchecked multinational corporations.
  • etc.

A handful of ridiculous Muppets wanting something that's incompatible with just about anything written in regional, federal and European laws and principals is not in that list.

A political party in Belgium simply named "Islamic Party" is picking up steam. They've already gotten 4 candidates elected to public office, with 28 more to run in the coming municipal elections. Islamic Party's platform is described as seeking an Islamic State, with Sharia Law replacing Belgian law, and segregation of women from men, in some areas of society. Belgium does not know how many Muslims live in the country, thanks to a Belgian law that prohibits the government from inquiring about the religious status of residents. What should Belgium do if the Islamic Party wins election, and begins implementing Sharia Law & gender segregation in parts of Belgium?

I'm thinking someone needs to seek medical help... there must be some sort of drug interaction that is causing a delusional alternate state.... :doh

Such a far fetched scenario has the anti- Muslim crowd all a twitter... perhaps we should wait until we see the whites of their prayer mats....

Now for the chicken littles here- approx. 6% of the population is Muslim.... why the 'nativists' in the USofA have far more to fear from Hispanics taking over our governments and forcing us to eat guacamole and work construction.... :peace

A political party in Belgium simply named "Islamic Party" is picking up steam. They've already gotten 4 candidates elected to public office, with 28 more to run in the coming municipal elections. Islamic Party's platform is described as seeking an Islamic State, with Sharia Law replacing Belgian law, and segregation of women from men, in some areas of society.

Belgium does not know how many Muslims live in the country, thanks to a Belgian law that prohibits the government from inquiring about the religious status of residents.

What should Belgium do if the Islamic Party wins election, and begins implementing Sharia Law & gender segregation in parts of Belgium?

Resist. Elect someone else. That seems to be the strategy in the US with the election of our equally weird president. It's how democracies work. Btw, how does the US know how many Muslims there are?

I'm thinking someone needs to seek medical help... there must be some sort of drug interaction that is causing a delusional alternate state.... :doh

Such a far fetched scenario has the anti- Muslim crowd all a twitter... perhaps we should wait until we see the whites of their prayer mats....

Now for the chicken littles here- approx. 6% of the population is Muslim.... why the 'nativists' in the USofA have far more to fear from Hispanics taking over our governments and forcing us to eat guacamole and work construction.... :peace

Another typical crap post from you, fact-free to boot.

Belgium doesn't count it's citizens by what religion they observe.

The Muslim areas of Brussels are known throughout Belgium for being crime ridden, with high amounts of Islamic radicalization. Only a person ignorant of the religion would not see the warning signs here.

Btw, how does the US know how many Muslims there are?

If you're asking how the USA knows the number of Muslims in it's borders, I would suggest it probably doesn't. Government accounts list 3 million, independent research by Islamic sources say 7 million... and the best we can do is guess really.

Last edited:
As always I'm not a fan of telling other countries what they should do. I don't know what their laws are regarding things like this.

As an American, I'd kick my politicians asses out the ****ing door before allowing that to happen here.

Another typical crap post from you, fact-free to boot. Belgium doesn't count it's citizens by what religion they observe. The Muslim areas of Brussels are known throughout Belgium for being crime ridden, with high amounts of Islamic radicalization. Only a person ignorant of the religion would not see the warning signs here.

Actually the sky is falling first post of yours lacks some very key facts- one would be just how many local government positions would have to be won by the Islamic Party for any such reversal of centuries of law as you wail about???

Now when it comes to estimates on Muslims in Belgium- since when have you believed any government other than the DC Swamp Trump has built???

You seem to want facts from others but your last two sentences are totally fact free, highly biased, and rather ignorant...

Typical fact free post from you... :peace

And you believe that will be sufficient, when they've already boldly told Belgium to hell with your culture, we want an Islamic State?

Yup, because they are not wanting to impose something, they want to be elected into making something possible (not going to happen in our lifetimes plus). And they have said they wanted to comply with the constitution so that means they would have to change that law to make their plans possible and that is never ever ever going to happen in 3 lifetimes.

Are you aware that in France, a female ISIS sympathizer is under investigation for helping to aid the attack that killed two French police officers in their homes? She used her position in government to obtain a list of police officer's home addresses. No amount of monitoring can stop these evil people if they're intent on doing evil. Anyone who follows these events in Europe should know by now that monitoring doesn't work, and real people die as the consequence.

But we are talking about Belgium. And we are talking about people who are invested in the democratic process so I am not what this has to do with these Belgian politicians. This lady most likely did not get herself elected into office now did she.

And you are right, there is no amount of monitoring to stop bad people all of the time every time, it just is impossible but that goes for other extremists too.

Every source I can find online says the Islam Party wants an Islamic State. They can't create it by force, so they're attempting to use the democratic system to achieve it. We'll have to wait until October to know if I'm right or you're right.

Yes, but not the one in Syria. And you mean they want to be democratic and non-violent? Good for them, not going to get them elected but guess what, even if they get a few more elected politicians in their group, they will still not be any issue whatsoever (due to them being way too small to be even semi effective or important).

That is a subjective statement, based upon your own personal experience in Europe. If you asked ethnic English girls that were enslaved in Rotherham if their lives were made better by multiculturalism, what would they say? Yes?

So? Do the parents of the little toddler murdered by 2 other children if their lives were made better by English culture? Nope, because that is not how things work. Some foreign criminals does not taint multiculturalism.

Can you provide a source that proves Muslim migrants contribute more in tax revenues than they take in expenditures?

Simple, they work much more often than they are unemployed, it is just that simple. Working people bring in money.

The total cost to provide welfare services, healthcare and housing is in the billions, just in Germany from 2015-present. Add in the extra law enforcement costs, counterterrorism costs, and incarceration costs, and you should realize that migration to Europe by non-EU countries is a huge net loss for tax payers.

And what? They do not pay taxes? Buy products and further employment in that way? And if a population grows there always is a larger police force and prison system needed. And no, it is not a huge net loss for tax payers IMHO.

Actually the sky is falling first post of yours lacks some very key facts- one would be just how many local government positions would have to be won by the Islamic Party for any such reversal of centuries of law as you wail about???

Now when it comes to estimates on Muslims in Belgium- since when have you believed any government other than the DC Swamp Trump has built???

You seem to want facts from others but your last two sentences are totally fact free, highly biased, and rather ignorant...

Typical fact free post from you... :peace

Well no chance, the only way to change the laws of Belgium is to win the power in both Flemish and Wallon governments and in the federal government. All things that will never happen.

Back
Top Bottom