• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beauty and the Beast's 'exclusively gay moment'

Do you mean this commercial?

If so, less than 4 years, hardly any time at all.

Most of the stuff I hate in TV and movies hasn't been around that long.

This explains a lot. I always did think Le Fou was infatuated with Gaston.

I think it would be more interesting if it was Gaston that was gay...

In the meantime, Elsa is pissed that dumb ole Le Fou beat her to being the first Disney character coming out of the closet.

I always thought that most of the Disney female villians were a little dikey.

I watched TV and movies for entertainment and being grossed out is not entertaining. If wanted to deal with all the things I don't like I wouldn't be looking for a little escape with some TV.

There's a button on your remote that can actually change what you are watching to something else.

In the meantime, Elsa is pissed that dumb ole Le Fou beat her to being the first Disney character coming out of the closet.

So that's what that ****ing song means!!

Cry me a river, pal. Nobody is forcing you to watch the movie. Or trying to shove objects down your throat.

If you're so triggered by gays, then don't watch it.

Seiously. I used to think gays were over represented in tv and film but in thinking about it i really dont think so. As long as original characters are not changed much it shouldnt really matter.

You know that the majority of the population is straight, right? I wonder if straight people really want to see two dudes make out. I'm going to go with no. You?

You think I'm particularly interested in watching a straight couple make out? The **** is wrong with you?

I don't understand why kids stories, that would be prepubescent kids, have to have sexual over tones or sexual themes in them at all.

They dont. None do.

Because they are movies with adults in them, and that's just part of being an adult.

If parents want to show their children movies devoid of sexual themes, they should focus on cartoons that feature anthropomorphic objects.

Tbere are no sexual themes in Disney. Love themes... sure. Not sex though.

You know, now that you start to go over why the story is sexist I feel like I have heard this before.

I certainly did not pick up on any of it until someone told me about it. I'm not sure when....probably 20 years ago, one of my gf's brought it up. That I know.

Disney is a liberal company, so they are pushing the social message that liberals want everyone to accept. It this isn't the first movie Disney has used to push an agenda and it won't be the last.

If "accepting people" is an agenda it really is a pretty good one.

Gay themes aren't sexual themes? Eh?

Don't many other Disney's already have a pair of leading men? I'm thinking of Durango here.
I don't understand what's to be gained by Disney in going beyond that.

Are straight themes sexual?

If "accepting people" is an agenda it really is a pretty good one.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Brainwashing people to think a certain way by movies and TV shows is something I oppose.

There's a button on your remote that can actually change what you are watching to something else.

When I stopped watching TV the amount of TV shows that had a theme or two I hated made that too much work.

You know, now that you start to go over why the story is sexist I feel like I have heard this before.

You should be more concerned about the beastiality themes... poor white girl kidnapped by an animal the falls in love doing the wild thing with a dog/bear creature.

You think I'm particularly interested in watching a straight couple make out? The **** is wrong with you?

Lol, fair point. But I didn't say people were interested in either.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Brainwashing people to think a certain way by movies and TV shows is something I oppose.

Nobody is brainwashed by watching a Disney movie...

You should be more concerned about the beastiality themes... poor white girl kidnapped by an animal the falls in love doing the wild thing with a dog/bear creature.

That's the part I always thought was creepy as ****.

I certainly did not pick up on any of it until someone told me about it. I'm not sure when....probably 20 years ago, one of my gf's brought it up. That I know.

And so many young women were brainwashed too....

That's the part I always thought was creepy as ****.

Me too... then they are dancing and prancing about with tea pots and candle sticks as friends. Acid tripping screen writers...

Back
Top Bottom