• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bannon Is Subpoenaed in Mueller’s Russia Investigation

It is the role of the electors to cast their ballots for the winner of the state and they did that, says nothing about PROTECTING US FROM WORDS

Actually the Russians doing what they did are indeed ACTIONS and the report of the Intelligence community tells us that they were actions.

We assess Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the US presidential election. Russia’s goals were to undermine public faith in the US democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump. We have high confidence in these judgments.
 We also assess Putin and the Russian Government aspired to help President-elect Trump’s election chances when possible by discrediting Secretary Clinton and publicly contrasting her unfavorably to him. All three agencies agree with this judgment. CIA and FBI have high confidence in this judgment; NSA has moderate confidence.

Russian pronouncements in their own nation are indeed the use of words. The Russian actions in our election go beyond that and only a willfully delusional person would deny that.

So can you cite one meeting of the Electors in anisette where they actually took any steps at all to do what Hamilton described as protecting us against the CHIEF THREAT to our nation - the foreign adversary trying to install one of their own creatures in power?

I have never made that claim.

The dots are becoming more and more and more numerous by the month. And several connections have already been made. I have no doubt that by the time Mueller is finished he will inform the nation and the world that

1- Trumps campaign openly colluded with the Russians in the release and weaponizing of the wikileaks information which came from the Russians
2- his stance of being so friendly to Russia is motivated by long standing economic ties he has to the nation and its allies and by Trumps own financial desires to get a big piece of the Russian billions that Putin controls
3- his campaign and himself engaged in all manner of conspiracy to hide these motivations and conspired to obstruct justice to cover it up
4- and in doing all of these things Trump and his staff committed crimes

We already have two admissions of guilt.
And we already have at least two other people under indictment to go on trial.

The dots are becoming more and more numerous and they are already being connected so that a coherent picture of criminality is emerging.

wow...i thought Superman made big leaps

you have two people who lied to people that they shouldnt have....for what reason, we do not know

hence the two admissions of lying (and guilty pleas)

it is a LONG way to go from indictment to conviction...and you still havent tied Trump to the Russians in any conceivable way

I just think you are making leaps beyond the scope....it "may" happen, but i wouldnt count those chickens quite yet

Speculation isnt proof....thinking something happened isnt enough to convict

wow...i thought Superman made big leaps

you have two people who lied to people that they shouldnt have....for what reason, we do not know

We do know - to further the conspiracy to obstruct justice and hide the Trump campaign actions with Russia.

and you still havent tied Trump to the Russians in any conceivable way

Donald Trump tied himself to the Russians in late July where he loudly and publicly invited the Russians to get involved and help him in his campaign.

His campaign tied themselves to the Russians when they agreed to meet and collude with them to get dirt on Clinton and then did so.

no...that is speculation...not knowledge

there is a difference

Both pled guilty to the charges brought on by the investigation into the Russian interference in our election. It is entirely logical and proper and reasonable and rational to make that conclusion based on the facts we already know beyond dispute.

Actually the Russians doing what they did are indeed ACTIONS and the report of the Intelligence community tells us that they were actions.

Russian pronouncements in their own nation are indeed the use of words. The Russian actions in our election go beyond that and only a willfully delusional person would deny that.

So can you cite one meeting of the Electors in anisette where they actually took any steps at all to do what Hamilton described as protecting us against the CHIEF THREAT to our nation - the foreign adversary trying to install one of their own creatures in power?

There action was spreading PROPAGANDA most of which turned out to be TRUE. How people reacted to it is another story and you cannot prove that anyone changed their mind because of that Propaganda.

The electors aren't responsible for protecting you or anyone else from words or hearsay. You should really take a refresher course in logic, common sense and civics

In a campaign, the use of rhetoric is indeed action. A politician use words as their actions to get votes and win elections.

They use words aloud in speeches and debates and answering questions and in making statements.

They use words in campaign advertisements.

They use words in campaign literature.

Their surrogates use words exactly the same way.

The use of WORDS by politicians are their tools, their weapons, their equipment and using those words indeed are their actions.

To deny this is to embrace the irrational.

What about that simple reality so confuses and befuddles you that it reduces you to repeating the same falsehoods over and over again?

Yes and obviously you bought Obama's words along with the words of the leftwing radicals, I don't buy words, don't trust word, but rather actions and actual results. Of course people use words but free will gives you the choice to accept those words, you obviously are easily swayed by words which is why we had 8 years of a disaster and that obviously wasn't enough for you as you want more.

Trump invoked Wikileaks loudly and often over 160 times in the last month of the campaign. He made it a daily centerpiece of his appeal for votes. But you want us to believe that Trump believed the invoking of Wikileaks would get him votes but actually did not impact a single vote.

The only way your belief makes sense is if one also labors under the delusion that nothing done in a campaign impacts votes. Do you believe that?

So what? I really don't give a damn what you, Obama, Trump, Hillary says, why do you? I voted for Trump because of his resume, you ignored Hillary's and voted for her because of what she said. I thought you would have learned something from Obama but apparently not. Rhetoric means nothing, results do

There action was spreading PROPAGANDA most of which turned out to be TRUE. How people reacted to it is another story and you cannot prove that anyone changed their mind because of that Propaganda.

Trump invoked Wikileaks loudly and often over 160 times in the last month of the campaign. He made it a daily centerpiece of his appeal for votes. But you want us to believe that Trump believed the invoking of Wikileaks would get him votes but actually did not impact a single vote.

The only way your belief makes sense is if one also labors under the delusion that nothing done in a campaign impacts votes. Do you believe that?

The electors aren't responsible for protecting you or anyone else from words or hearsay.

Actually when the Founders sold the nation on the merits of the Electoral College, we have Hamilton stating quite clearly that protecting the nation from a foreign adversary installing one of its creatures in our highest office was the greatest threat posed and thus a crucial reason we had the EC in the first place. Protecting our nation clearly was the duty of our electors and there is not one shred of evidence that they did that when they cast their ballots for Trump.

So what? I really don't give a damn what you, Obama, Trump, Hillary says, why do you? I voted for Trump because of his resume, you ignored Hillary's and voted for her because of what she said. I thought you would have learned something from Obama but apparently not. Rhetoric means nothing, results do

Actually I voted for Hillary because I made the judgement that Trump was a mentally disturbed rather stupid man rather ignorant of the issues who should not be within a mile of the White House nor ever wield the reins of power in any manner due to his excessive narcissism, his blatant racism and his sexism and abuse of women.

If rhetoric and words mean nothing, can you tell the world right here and now why politicians running for office use them as the centerpieces of their campaigns over and over and over and over and over and over again for the past 200 years?

Actually I voted for Hillary because I made the judgement that Trump was a mentally disturbed rather stupid man rather ignorant of the issues who should not be within a mile of the White House nor ever wield the reins of power in any manner due to his excessive narcissism, his blatant racism and his sexism and abuse of women.

If rhetoric and words mean nothing, can you tell the world right here and now why politicians running for office use them as the centerpieces of their campaigns over and over and over and over and over and over again for the past 200 years?
When you go to buy a car, a house, a computer, do you buy it based upon what the salesman says or based upon the history, specifications, record? Sales people must absolutely love you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes, I voted for Trump based upon his resume and not his words. You buy what people tell you and I buy what others have done. Per my post there are a lot of used car salesmen telling you what you want to here so unless you check out and verify the rhetoric you are going to buy a lemon. Results always trump rhetoric which is why businesses check out resumes and do background checks

When you go to buy a car, a house, a computer, do you buy it based upon what the salesman says or based upon the history, specifications, record? Sales people must absolutely love you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I use a variety of sources for my consumer choices.

Now lets get back to the topic at hand where you want to pretend that the actions of Russian and Trump in our election should not be investigated.

I use a variety of sources for my consumer choices.

Now lets get back to the topic at hand where you want to pretend that the actions of Russian and Trump in our election should not be investigated.

I don't see any interference but possible influence although not able to prove. . Your efforts are misguided because you buy rhetoric instead of action. Illegal votes were actually cast but that doesn't bother you whereas potential INFLUENCE has you all upset

I see you exactly for who you are, someone who wants to believe an illegal action occurred and someone who buys rhetoric but never does any background check. So far the results show that the Trump resume was the right thing for me to focus on because the results are there for the American people not the entitlement crowd or leftwing radicals.

I don't see any interference but possible influence although not able to prove.

You remind me of the old line from Simon & Garfunkel - THE BOXER

"a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest". That is what you are doing here.

Your efforts are misguided because you buy rhetoric instead of action.

In a political campaign, a candidates words and rhetoric are their actions that they use to win the battle and wage the war against the opponent. Somehow, someway - most likely because it utterly destroys the false fiction you cling to like Leonardo Di Caprio clutching the flotsam and jetsam in the cold atlantic waters when the Titanic went down - you continue to believe what you want to believe because you have to believe it or all you other willful beliefs are destroyed and you are left with nothing but your own delusions.

I see you exactly for who you are, someone who wants to believe an illegal action occurred and someone who buys rhetoric but never does any background check.

We know illegal actions occurred as the Russians interfered in the election and that is illegal. That has already been established. The other questions as to the extent of the crime and who abetted and aided in that crime, will be revealed in due time via the Muller investigation.

And who I am is a patriot who wants to protect our sacred democratic institutions from foreign adversaries, Americans who would aid and abet them, and apologists like yourself who excuse them and ignore their crimes.

You remind me of the old line from Simon & Garfunkel - THE BOXER

"a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest". That is what you are doing here.

In a political campaign, a candidates words and rhetoric are their actions that they use to win the battle and wage the war against the opponent. Somehow, someway - most likely because it utterly destroys the false fiction you cling to like Leonardo Di Caprio clutching the flotsam and jetsam in the cold atlantic waters when the Titanic went down - you continue to believe what you want to believe because you have to believe it or all you other willful beliefs are destroyed and you are left with nothing but your own delusions.

We know illegal actions occurred as the Russians interfered in the election and that is illegal. That has already been established. The other questions as to the extent of the crime and who abetted and aided in that crime, will be revealed in due time via the Muller investigation.

And who I am is a patriot who wants to protect our sacred democratic institutions from foreign adversaries, Americans who would aid and abet them, and apologists like yourself who excuse them and ignore their crimes.

And you remind me of Groundhog Day, same old, same old only you never learn. You aren't a Patriot or you wouldn't be supporting Obama and Hillary. you aren't a Patriot or illegal voting would be a bigger problem, you aren't a Patriot or you wouldn't be supporting illegal immigration and violation of immigration laws. You are nothing more than a radical leftist throwing a tantrum over losing an election

And you remind me of Groundhog Day, same old, same old only you never learn. You aren't a Patriot or you wouldn't be supporting Obama and Hillary. you aren't a Patriot or illegal voting would be a bigger problem, you aren't a Patriot or you wouldn't be supporting illegal immigration and violation of immigration laws. You are nothing more than a radical leftist throwing a tantrum over losing an election

You can attack me all you want and call me names and lie about me and run off at the mouth about things you know nothing about. But in the end, your boy Trump will get his and justice will be done in the name of the American people.

You can attack me all you want and call me names and lie about me and run off at the mouth about things you know nothing about. But in the end, your boy Trump will get his and justice will be done in the name of the American people.

My Boy? My boy is President of the United States and will be for another 7 years. Seems you need to learn the difference between interfere and influence. In your world influence is a violation of the law, the problem is you cannot prove that any minds were changed. rather sad that the major issue is being ignored by you, illegals voting. that is no Patriot and I assure you that when you are attacked personally by me you will know it

My Boy? My boy is President of the United States and will be for another 7 years.

You badly need to read the US Constitution.

the problem is you cannot prove that any minds were changed.

Only somebody who believes that nothing done in a campaign gets votes could utter such a ridiculous absurdity. Of course what happens in a campaign gets votes. To believe otherwise is to say that every moment every politician has spent campaigning for the last 200 plus years was a lie and a waste of time.

Trump does not even believe that since he loudly mentioned wikileaks over 160 times in the last month of the campaign making it a centerpiece on every stop before every group he talked to. He believed that invoking wikileaks would get him votes.

Is that the delusion who actually believe or is it just that you painted yourself into a corner and cannot get out?

Last edited:
You badly need to read the US Constitution.

Only somebody who believes that nothing done in a campaign gets votes could utter such a ridiculous absurdity. Of course what happens in a campaign gets votes. To believe otherwise is to say that every moment every politician has spent campaigning for the last 200 plus years was a lie and a waste of time.

Trump does not even believe that since he loudly mentioned wikileaks over 160 times in the last month of the campaign making it a centerpiece on every stop before every group he talked to. He believed that invoking wikileaks would get him votes.

Is that the delusion who actually believe or is it just that you painted yourself into a corner and cannot get out?

You mean the part about Freedom of Speech? Suggest you take an English class to learn the difference between influence and interfere

Don't really care about words, you do, nothing is going to change your mind but suggest you change the way you do business and stop believing what you are told without verifying it through research

No, sorry you are in the corner and it is going to be quite a let down that I hope you survive when nothing comes out of this issue because you cannot prove that the influence changed minds thus votes. I know this is hard for you to understand but people do lie with many of them being radicals liberals who certainly have you worked up. Bottom line here Russia hacked a DNC computer, influenced the American election just like they do around the world along with US but propaganda only changes the minds of people incapable of doing research to verify the claims. when people did verify the Russian claims they found them to be true. Hillary was corrupt, a crook and incompetent

I guess this is the standard response now. "Funny you guys take him at his word now when you insisted he was a liar before".

Funny how the opinion of the left on members of Trumps administration didn't matter until they were called in for questioning and it improved your position. Trump supporters have been doing this every time a previous insider says something bad about Trump, often paired with the obligatory "He was just the guy who made the coffee".

Bannon is a liar and now has to answer pointed questions under oath. They will independently confirm or debunk all the statements they can. I look forward to the results. I suspect they won't be good for the POTUS, but who's to say?

The way things are going right now, we are going to read the headline.
Trump has been found out in collusion scandal "states an Anonymous source"

And plenty of leftist will run screaming victory into the streets. Only to see that it was posted by something like the PeoplesCube, or some other onion news outlet.

The way things are going right now, we are going to read the headline.

And plenty of leftist will run screaming victory into the streets. Only to see that it was posted by something like the PeoplesCube, or some other onion news outlet.

It's funny because that's what the republicans just did with their dumb memo that they themselves wrote and refused to release.

It's funny because that's what the republicans just did with their dumb memo that they themselves wrote and refused to release.

Seeing as I don't even know what Memo you are talking about, nor having seen anyone do something like that. I guess I'll just need to take your opinion, as just that.

You mean the part about Freedom of Speech? Suggest you take an English class to learn the difference between influence and interfere

Russians have no Freedom of Speech to give anything of value to an American political campaign. There is no such thing for them and to do so is illegal.

Insults at me do not change the law. Federal law makes it a crime for any person to "solicit, accept or receive" a contribution or "anything of value" from a foreign person for a U.S. political campaign or "for the purpose of influencing any election for federal office."

And that is what the Trump campaign and the Russians did.

No, sorry you are in the corner and it is going to be quite a let down that I hope you survive when nothing comes out of this issue because you cannot prove that the influence changed minds thus votes.

Th only way that argument makes any sense is if one subscribes to the insane fiction that nothing done in a campaign gets votes - especially a major initiative by a candidate who uses it over 160 times in the last month of a campaign and makes it the centerpiece of his speeches and attacks. And that is what Trump did with the wikileaks material. He invoked it over 160 times and rolled the dice betting on it to help him win. And it did.

For over 200 years, every single candidate who ever ran for a political office in America has done so on the basic assumption that campaigning for votes is the way you win elections. Every speech is designed to get votes. Every piece of literature is designed to get votes. Every bumper sticker is designed to get votes. The campaign slogan is designed to get votes. An attack on your opponent is designed to get votes. Kissing babies and shaking hands are designed to get votes.

Every activity in a campaign is designed to get votes to help you win the election.

So for you to take the absurd position that nobody can prove the use by Trump of the wikileaks material provided by the Russians changed any votes - is simply so irrational and so absurd and so senseless that it is the category of utter nonsense and purposeful delusional as it goes against the basic assumptions made by every candidate for every office who has every campaigned for elected office in the USA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom