• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Atheist worship

Feel free to put up more Hostile but empty posts. I mean, this Very "yelling at atheist" OP/screed was..... Yours.

It's fairly ironic given the whole joke to start this thread off. It seems to have turned around on him, hahaha. Maybe if he had a better sense of humor.

Sort of like how you were telling me what I believe earlier?

Maybe if you want your arguments to stick better, you should avoid the hypocrisy.

As I said, your beliefs are not exactly a secret, I have been reading your posts. Who do you think you are kidding?

As I said, your beliefs are not exactly a secret, I have been reading your posts. Who do you think you are kidding?

So you're telling me what I believe, huh? Didn't you rage that atheists do that to theists? Hahahahaha. Man, try to keep things straight. lol

It's quite easy to deduce you are a theist, ergo what I said is applicable to you as I included Hundreds/thousands of religions.

Not to mention "Jesus" just minutes ago:
http://www.debatepolitics.com/relig...kes-trinity-impossible-41.html#post1064107439

So my reply was Not only relevant, but right at you.

This is incoherent and not relevant to the Contradictory beliefs of Theists, no matter which ones. That was My point.
And of course, you answered Nothing I said.

Feel free to put up more Hostile but empty posts. I mean, this Very "yelling at atheist" OP/screed was..... Yours.

I had no idea you were so sensitive.

So you're telling me what I believe, huh? Didn't you rage that atheists do that to theists? Hahahahaha. Man, try to keep things straight. lol

I know what you believe, you haven't exactly kept it a secret. No mind reading is necessary when you spew it all over the place.

I know what you believe, you haven't exactly kept it a secret. No mind reading is necessary when you spew it all over the place.

Do you know what I believe? Oh, please enlighten us all by telling me what I believe.

Hahahahahah

I was an atheist for 20 years. It makes me uniquely qualified to understand how lost you are.
Um, no it doesn't. It just means you changed your mind.

Calling others ignorant because of what you don't understand is delicious irony but from where you are you can't see it. All I can say is when you DO see it it is amazing, but there is no way to explain it, especially to someone who feels so sure they are right. But I have been where you are.
I say you are ignorant because your post was extremely generalizing towards what atheists actually believe:

The lack of any existential perspective leaves them a bit bitchy. It doesn't really matter though. Believing that you are the pinnacle of your own existence and a product of random evolution without a soul is kind of depressing, but not as much as knowing that when you die you are just worm food. It doesn't get better for them. Poor bastards. Probably why they yell at their monitors.

Atheism implies nothing else except a lack of belief in God(s). We also don't want your pity. Perhaps you don't care how extremely patronizing you sound though?

I know you do, sincerely. I've seen it. You didn't see any humor in that pic in the OP? It really seems pretty harmless. Besides, if we're going to be accused of having such thin skin (and sometimes we probably do) wouldn't that imply that our critics are made of sterner stuff than to be insulted by a harmless pic like that?

Well, I don't find it humorous, but I find it informative about the person posting it. It's like 'meh, someone is showing both their ignorance and the bigotry'.

Um, no it doesn't. It just means you changed your mind.

I say you are ignorant because your post was extremely generalizing towards what atheists actually believe:

Atheism implies nothing else except a lack of belief in God(s). We also don't want your pity. Perhaps you don't care how extremely patronizing you sound though?

Patronizing with a hint of "a bit bitchy".:lamo

Remember what I was saying about most of my debates with atheists consisting of atheists trying to tell me what I believe? Well, there it is.

You can believe whatever you want to and label it Christianity. People do it all the time. It's the new fad.

Speaking of See, I love grabbing these at the airport.

sLfkcwq.jpg

Good point.

I was an atheist for 20 years. It makes me uniquely qualified to understand how lost you are.

Does atheistic beliefs end when someone accepts the fact that Christianity is a brilliant philosophy and then they pretend to believe it for the rest of their life?

Does atheistic beliefs end when you actually do take Christianity at face value?

I fit into the first category. I pretend to be a Christian everywhere that I go and even advocate Christianity to others. I just can't really make any sense out of the important issues. Is the Bible really what God said? Does Yahweh really exist? Did Yahweh really impregnate the virgin Mary? Does the blood from Jesus' crucifixion really wash away sins? How did God's name change from Jehovah to Yahweh in less than 20 years?

I fully understand the value in the ethics and philosophy of Christianity. As paradoxical as it sounds I even understand the value of believing that Christianity is 100% true. I just can't believe the Bible was written by God. I can't believe that Yahweh exist. I can't believe that Yahweh impregnated a woman. I can't believe that Jesus' blood can wash away sins. I can't believe that Yahweh's name can be conveniently changed to combat the influence of Jehovah Witnesses.

What trick did you use to convince yourself? I am all about believing in Jesus but I just don't know how. I think if I could pretend the Bible was a lie then I could accept Christianity. How did you do it? Can you describe your journey of conversion?

When you figure it out it's amazing.

Why are you being so selfish? We want to know the secret. (or at least I do.) I hate being an atheist. I remember being a full blown believer. It was wonderful. I remember those days very well. I don't know how my faith disappeared and I don't know how to get it back.

Don't be so selfish. Give us some tips on how to become a Christian.

Well then perhaps you could explain it. The way I see it you were either being sarcastic or thought going to atheism is a one way street.

He meant it as a joke. When Christians become atheist then people will frequently say, "Then you were never a real Christian." I didn't catch it at first. He was just using the same logic and applying it to an atheist turned Christian. It doesn't translate well at all.

Atheists never seem to want to ask you what you believe, they would rather tell you what you believe

What do you believe about Jesus' blood?

What do you believe about the resurrection?

What do you believe Romans Chapter 1 is about?

What do you believe about hell?

What do you believe about the followers of other sects of Christianity that have different opinions than yours? What is their fate?

Most importantly: Will you even read this thread? (I think you have me on ignore because my questions are too hard.)

I'll have what he's having. Where is the hypnotist? Sign me up.

Nearest church.

Basic hypnotic techniques used;

3 Mantras. In Christian services these are typically;

1, Praise the Lord/Hallelujah

2, Peace be upon him

3, The Lord's prayer

These are used to take a person's mind into a state where the suggested bit which has just been implanted is forgotten by the victim/worshiper.

Inappropriate touching. This is not a sexual or threatening thing it's just unusual contact whilst an otherwise "normal" conversation is happening. Typically the shoulder is given a squeeze when the hypnotic words of suggestion are dropped into the flow of the conversation.

Meaningless sermons. "Consider salt...." was one I witnessed. This is done to put the mind into a state of groping for meaning. Then a quick Mantra, bit of suggestion, and a sing song to avoid anybody challenging the process.

There are many more I'm sure but these are the most obvious.

What do you believe about the followers of other sects of Christianity that have different opinions than yours? What is their fate?

Most importantly: Will you even read this thread? (I think you have me on ignore because my questions are too hard.)

Start a separate thread.

Where?

's OK I've spotted it.

You can answer these questions in here. :shrug:

OK, but obviously it's a bit easy.

Magic does not exist. After death it's just like it was before you were born.

Back
Top Bottom