• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Atheist worship

eatbabies.jpg

I love this one.....lol

And my response to the OP...

Eucharist-Meme-6-640x580.jpg

christianity-explained-god-demotivational-poster-1198455582.jpg
I appreciate the succinctness of this one.

Well at least we take out our angst against inanimate objects.

The salient point is that you have angst over something that has nothing to do with you against people you don't know.

This reminded me soooo much of this place:

View attachment 67177358

I imagine atheist "worship" would look more like this:

dsc06253.jpg

Standing in a circle and looking upon how great humanity. Perhaps this would be more accurate of humanism than atheism itself, but the point remains (and 10 points for anyone who picks up the subtle criticism, hint I'm not criticizing atheists).

Atheists don't have much of a sense of humor about themselves I take it?

To be fair to them, a criticism like this directed toward Christians would probably not be well received by me.

To be fair to them, a criticism like this directed toward Christians would probably not be well received by me.

I've noticed that theological postings that disagree with RCC doctrine aren't well received by you, either.

No matter. I just saw that on Facebook and thought it was funny. You don't have to like it.

99% of my arguments with atheists consist of them trying to tell me what I believe. That's a prime example.

It's certainly an unflattering spin, but I don't see it as being fundamentally incorrect with my understanding of the theology.

Bill Hicks, no humour in him. Paraphrasing him...

“It's great to be here. I thank you. Ah, I've been on the internet answering posts from fundagelicals for ten years now, so bear with me while I plaster on a fake smile and plough through this **** one more time.”

It's certainly an unflattering spin, but I don't see it as being fundamentally incorrect with my understanding of the theology.

They left a few thousand things out.

The salient point is that you have angst over something that has nothing to do with you against people you don't know.

And Christians don't want gays to marry because they think it's icky even though it has nothing to do with them and it's against people they don't know. Do you have a point?

Atheists not only have a better sense of humor...

LnEJBjA.jpg

sworn-in.jpg

...they're better at Photoshop.

Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg

amazing_painting4_sm.jpg

And Christians don't want gays to marry because they think it's icky even though it has nothing to do with them and it's against people they don't know. Do you have a point?

Remember what I was saying about most of my debates with atheists consisting of atheists trying to tell me what I believe? Well, there it is.

Remember what I was saying about most of my debates with atheists consisting of atheists trying to tell me what I believe? Well, there it is.

Is it now. I suppose you can quote me where I said "it's just me believes gays shouldn't marry...". Or was I using the general sense of the word Christian without prescribing belief to any one given individual?

Interesting.

Is it now. I suppose you can quote me where I said "it's just me believes gays shouldn't marry...". Or was I using the general sense of the word Christian without prescribing belief to any one given individual?

Interesting.

Yeah, like I said "atheists" in the general sense of the word without ascribing belief to any one individual. Interesting.

Yeah, like I said "atheists" in the general sense of the word without ascribing belief to any one individual. Interesting.

You also said "well there it is", indicating that my post specifically was such an example. Interesting indeed.

Happy Holidays everybody!

(No war on Christians or Christmas implied:lol:)

You also said "well there it is", indicating that my post specifically was such an example. Interesting indeed.

I peruse the basement from time to time, I know exactly where you are coming from.

Yelling at a computer seems a bit more productive than muttering to a nonexistent sky father. Or covering up widespread rape of children. Or subjugating women. Or lying to children about science.

But yeah, the frustration of passionate people is clearly a mark against them.

Atheists don't have much of a sense of humor about themselves I take it?

The lack of any existential perspective leaves them a bit bitchy. It doesn't really matter though. Believing that you are the pinnacle of your own existence and a product of random evolution without a soul is kind of depressing, but not as much as knowing that when you die you are just worm food. It doesn't get better for them. Poor bastards. ;) Probably why they yell at their monitors.

Back
Top Bottom