• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

As an American, are you in favor of the current protests?

Do you support the current protests the way they turned out?

• Yes

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I dont care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's not something that can be controlled to the degree you want when bad actors come in at night and incite the violence. You cant lump them all together. They are coopting the right to protest for evil purposes. Should we give up the right to protest or do better outing and arresting the bad actors?

Yes the protests are necessary and damage so far stomach able because apparently we still dont understand or deny the injustice that black people endure. So we have to give them the benefit of the doubt to a degree to act as necessary until we understand and society allows change.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Im sorry, i really dont want you to be mad for what im about to say, but this has to be one of the dumbest posts ive seen in a long while.....

"give them the benefit of the doubt"???? What doubt? What benefit? We are watching them live burning,stealing,and killing people on live TV......What will it take for you to NOT give them the benefit of the doubt? A nuclear attack? The Holocaust? I mean im serious, like what would it take for you to condemn them? because stealing,burning,killing clearly is something that is tolerated for you(as long as they are black that are doing it?????)

Also what "injustice" do you speak off? Because picking out random acts of violence by some cop that represents the %1 of officers does not seem to be something that should warrant this kind of response....by that definition white people(who are killed more by cops every year) should be in the streets once a month?

Im ok with protesting, but at some point, if bad things keep happening as a result of "black people being angry" then at some point the protesting that leads to violence will have to be prevented(something i would not want) but this type of **** is beyond ridiculous...

Stating that it was a mistake rather than murder, proves you are completely tone deaf. As does down playing the concerns and fears in the black community.

Im stating it how i believe the person feels now by the information that we currently know, i bet if you asked that officer he would tell you that he wishes he didnt have his knee on the mans neck during the arrest....You can call it murder or what ever else you want that should not make me tone deaf just because i used different wording. I also dont know what you mean by "down playing the concerns and fears in the black community", im going by facts not some fake news or picking out my favorite murders/people dying and trying to portray those incidents as an everyday thing, that is dangerous and plain wrong and is not backed up by any factual information.

Black people have caused more damage both in murder and thievery in the last week during these riots than entire 2019 caused by police related incidents involving black people. You can snow flake your way into what ever random facts you want, but im never going to treat some fringe incidents and try to move forward for reform portraying those fringe incidents like they are the norm.

Guess I should have read it before voting.

Just wondering what people are thinking when they are watching these people burning down their own neighborhoods and killing and hurting other people.

Those are riots, not protests. Thread title and poll question totally misleading.

Desperation, nothing to lose? Lack of self control? Inability to effectively communicate?

I said the "current protests and the way they turned out", i know protesting is ok, but im wondering how many deranged people who are totally lost and confused would support this madness that is going on right now, i just fail to comprehend beyond the simple troll that thinks this is in any way is helping anything and just costing people money, their business and their lives

They haven't finished yet. One result has been all four cops now being charged. That would likely not have happened. Likewise the cops who over-enthusiastically tased those two students in their car face disciplinaries.

Sorry, I replied to the thread YES not realizing you conflated protests with riots.....

So Yes, I agree with the protests, and no, I don't agree with the riots, and yes, they are two separate things.

Sorry, I replied to the thread YES not realizing you conflated protests with riots.....

So Yes, I agree with the protests, and no, I don't agree with the riots, and yes, they are two separate things.

Not according to Trump and some posters here.

Not sure why you think there needs to be a "pissing contest" as i am not trying to have one either so we are on the same page at least about that.

I just struggle to comprehend how you think protesters are doing a great job when the looters are protesters who just started doing just that...looting....majority of them started out as protesters... there are videos of many of them marching down highways...doing what you call "peaceful large protests" and then few hours that same group starting to set fire to the dumpsters, break windows on the nearby driving cars, or block the high ways with those on fire dumpsters, and yes..eventually lead to looting....You saying that the protesters are doing a great job in probably one of the worst examples EVER is just plain crazy....If you are taking a magnifying glass and zooming in on group of 50, in some tiny area, for 30 minutes and basing your argument from that, then it is what it is i guess, but again,im talking about the entire picture,from the incident to now, and its been a total **** show.. its literally been exactly what people have been warning others against and its what happens when you have the lack of police presents during these protests, which the worst of them are in left wing states because the police has their hands tied...

When the looting stops, and everyone goes home, it wont be because of some magical words that Biden has said....and unfortunately Floyds name will be tarnished and associated with horrible acts of violence and riots which is horrible and a total failure of what was supposed to happen... I always find it fascinating how people can find anything and make it out to be Trumps fault, the man could be on the moon and still get blamed for something happening on earth as if he is directly responsible.

Ive never seen someone who loves this country so much and wants so many policies to specifically help America and have half the country oppose it as if its some sort of bad racist plan....
Thanks for the reasonable reply. I'll withdraw "pissing contest". Hopefully, not too much offense was taken. I may have mis-read your "are you for real?" intro to your initial post to me.

I still believe you may not be delineating the difference between the protesters and the looters, at least to the degree I am.

At the time of my post I sensed a slight shift to a higher preponderance of (peaceful) protesters, and a waning of looters. This occurred as a huge shift in my city and Minneapolis, along with some other cities across the nation. Unfortunately at the time, that shift did not seem to include NYC & L.A., though it did include D.C. We are now seeing predominately peaceful protest, and hopefully it will continue to improve in this manner across the nation.

The protester/looter delineation you didn't see earlier, should now be more apparent. Do you see it now?

Also, in an earlier post, you made a remark to the effect that the protesters should,

"On top of that its the protesters job to keep their group members in check."

I believe this also shows a lack of understanding & lack of delineation between protesters & looters. You seem to be assuming the "protest" is some homogeneous group with some form of leadership & policing ability to perform law enforcement? How does an individual protesting become responsible to stop looters, or stop any other protester for that matter? They, as individuals, have no more power to stop a looter during the protests, than you or I do when there are no protests. Criminals & criminal activity is a constant in society.

Moving-on to how Biden can make things better? I believe Biden will address the problem at the root --> police killings of people of colour and the socially marginalized lacking in power.

As to Trump, he hasn't united the country in four years, I have no faith in him doing it now.

Thanks for the reasonable reply. I'll withdraw "pissing contest". Hopefully, not too much offense was taken. I may have mis-read your "are you for real?" intro to your initial post to me.

I still believe you may not be delineating the difference between the protesters and the looters, at least to the degree I am.

At the time of my post I sensed a slight shift to a higher preponderance of (peaceful) protesters, and a waning of looters. This occurred as a huge shift in my city and Minneapolis, along with some other cities across the nation. Unfortunately at the time, that shift did not seem to include NYC & L.A., though it did include D.C. We are now seeing predominately peaceful protest, and hopefully it will continue to improve in this manner across the nation.

The protester/looter delineation you didn't see earlier, should now be more apparent. Do you see it now?

Also, in an earlier post, you made a remark to the effect that the protesters should,

"On top of that its the protesters job to keep their group members in check."

I believe this also shows a lack of understanding & lack of delineation between protesters & looters. You seem to be assuming the "protest" is some homogeneous group with some form of leadership & policing ability to perform law enforcement? How does an individual protesting become responsible to stop looters, or stop any other protester for that matter? They, as individuals, have no more power to stop a looter during the protests, than you or I do when there are no protests. Criminals & criminal activity is a constant in society.

Moving-on to how Biden can make things better? I believe Biden will address the problem at the root --> police killings of people of colour and the socially marginalized lacking in power.

As to Trump, he hasn't united the country in four years, I have no faith in him doing it now.

Well you seem to be living in a time machine or something... You are calling the protests multiple days later "peaceful" as opposed to when the discussion began and the actual examples were provided....A year from now when there are 5 people still protesting there might be 0 looting and violence... but we are not talking about "a year from now", the examples provided and the discussion was being had at the time of the looting/protesting... and at THAT time, these "protests" simply were not peaceful.... There is no way that a logical human being can say that these protests were "peaceful" while watching people killing,looting,and vandalizing.....By your definition, no protest can ever be violent because any time a protester does anything violent he would all the sudden be no longer associated with the "protesters", so just naturally instead of looking at this so narrow minded,i just watch with my eyes at the evidence and i can clearly comprehend that what was happening was not peaceful whats so ever, regardless of what you want to classify as "protesters"

As to another point of yours "I believe this also shows a lack of understanding & lack of delineation between protesters & looters." I explained to you the point that i was making... If im bringing a group of 100 black lives matter protesters, and 50 of them leave to go steal and destroy property, but the other 50 are "peacefully" protesting... that is NOT a peaceful protest..... and yes, those people are responsible for their group.... These people are cycling in and out(at the time of the major looting/protesting) from 1 group to another depending on the area being looted.... Now, am i saying that every protester was a bad guy doing bad stuff? Of course not.....That would be illogical.... but to say that these protests were very peaceful, and that it had a great effect on the city in anyway..... when the cities residents have majority of their business destroyed, and stores and business are saying they wont be returning i fail to see how in anyway shape or form this was helpful to any cause....

As for Biden/Trump, i will never fully understand why people are so biased when it comes to supporting a democrat/republican if you are on the opposite party, its like all logic goes out the window. Democrats have been saying this widely loose phrase for years now "uniting the country" like what exactly would you propose for a president to do? Democrats dont even vote on any bills and have been launching the most idiotic investigations in history of government which now evidence is coming out that Obama's administration which Biden was apart of has been involved in some shady and illegal spying and falsifying of evidence to even start those investigations....Its like no matter how much shady crap democrats will do, all they have to say is "i know you are but what am i" and its all good....

Back
Top Bottom