• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you tired of the perpetual state of war the US is in?

Are you tired of the constant state of war?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well of course not, because's that's a stupid idea.

Some would say attempting to occupy the planet militarily for the short term ill gotten benefit of the Wall Street/donor/"Job creator" class is a stupid idea, course they didn't buy up the media machine once Clinton deregulated the FCC, so you will never hear anything but feverish pitches for more endless wars of economic colonization abroad while hollowing out society economically at home as empires in decline are wont to do.

Some would say attempting to occupy the planet militarily for the short term ill gotten benefit of the Wall Street/donor/"Job creator" class is a stupid idea, course they didn't buy up the media machine once Clinton deregulated the FCC, so you will never hear anything but feverish pitches for more endless wars of economic colonization abroad while hollowing out society economically at home as empires in decline are wont to do.

7bd07a6472f41aea9253f94662ac8839.jpg

We have an ongoing "War on Terror" that seems to have no end in sight. The Pentagon recently confirmed that we've got troops in Yemen. We had a proxy war in Syria that we lost. We're sending arms to Ukraine. There might be a war with North Korea for all we know. It seems that the people in power, be they Democrat or Republican, want the US to get involved in wars or to start wars.

Don't forget Libya, where we...err..."won"..I guess? Looks like "winning" in Libya doesn't look much different than "losing" in Syria.

It’s a pity that the U.N. doesn’t step up to the plate, that its members don’t help keep the peace, would rather free ride or do harm. So yes. It is tiresome that we have to continuously create a semblance of security around the globe, while jerks can use the ignorance of so many to see it as the children of a thug Sie the police.

The UN is composed of countries with different interest. How could it step in, even if it had the resources?

I see your video's from Ron Paul. Having done a bit of research on him, I'm deeply suspicious of anything and everything he says.

Lol, wut? One of the most honest and consistent politicians out there.

Don't forget Libya, where we...err..."won"..I guess? Looks like "winning" in Libya doesn't look much different than "losing" in Syria.

What we did to Libya was one of the worst decisions of the Obama administration.

On another note, I have a friend that really wanted me to get into the Chronicles of the Black Company series.

What about Russia's military intervention in the Ukraine and its annexation of Crimea?

If the Crimeans didn't want it I'd think we'd have seen some kind of resistance so...

Yeah, that "vote" happened after Russia already took over Crimea. And we all know how fair and democratic Russia's elections are. Not surprisingly, "the legitimacy of the referendum has been questioned by the international community on both legal and procedural grounds."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_annexation_of_Crimea_by_the_Russian_Federation

So bull**** "vote" aside, what gives Russia the right to take over other countries?

How about you pull your head out of your butt and talk about the subject of the OP.

Other than the fact that he keeps murdering his critics, you mean?

Why is it americans are so invested in calling out the corruption of any governmental body outside their own while they make excuses for their own? And let’s be honest here, that’s all blaming the “other” party is; a denial mechanism.

Is the middle east destabilized? Then we are winning, that's the goal.

Sure, because challengers to the incumbent Presidential candidate in America are always getting poisoned and arrested, too.

Oh...you mean like the US assisting and instigating an entire coup merely because of a position on trade policy decision by a legally elected president, instead of just waiting for the next election? You mean that kind of democracy? Get out of here with your uneducated drivel. Your statements have no standing with reality.

Oh...you mean like the US assisting and instigating an entire coup merely because of a position on trade policy decision by a legally elected president, instead of just waiting for the next election? You mean that kind of democracy? Get out of here with your uneducated drivel. Your statements have no standing with reality.

You seem very hostile to the observation that Putin is a dictator.

The Russian vote in Crimea was held under Russian military occupation.

Russian-Military-Blocks-Interim-Ukrainian-Government-From-Enforcing-National-Law-in-Criminal-Crimean-Referendum.jpg

Armed and masked Russian soldiers surrounding the parliament building in Crimea

Weird...I remember being right in the middle of Baghdad when they held their first elections after Saddam was ousted. I guess those elections don't count either.

Why is it americans are so invested in calling out the corruption of any governmental body outside their own while they make excuses for their own? And let’s be honest here, that’s all blaming the “other” party is; a denial mechanism.

Why is it anti Americans like yourself spinelessly pander to the worse regimes on the planet? Is it just pathological hatred, or do you really wish you lived in a country like Russia where the government whacked its critics?

Yes, we all understand you are in denial and have been ever since people across the globe rejected your ideology.

I really don't live in Russia. And unless you have something backing up Putin ordering people to have others killed, then this is a moot topic. Wasn't Alexei Navalny barred due to embezzlement? Either way, I don't trust what the mainstream media has to say about Russia.

You need to go a lot beyond the media and perhaps higher up. This is Army chief of staff General Mark Milley speaking directly to Russia and the statement by its ambassador to UK quoted below in addition to Gen. Milley quoting the Russian as presented in the video clip.

General Milley Replies to Russian Ambassador Claim Russia Can Now Defeat Nato in Europe

Gen Mark Milley Army Chief of Staff on October 5 at the Association of the U.S. Army 2016 Annual Meeting

Here is the quote in text:

“Recently a senior Russian official, ambassador to the UK, Alexander Yakovenko, said ‘the established world order is undergoing a foundational shake up with the Crimea, Russia and Brexit.

“’Russia can now fight a conventional war in Europe and win. Russia is the only nation that will remain relevant forever.

“’Any other country is dispensable and that includes the United States.

"We are at end game now.’

Russia has been the opposite of the United States for 1000 years. We see however there are Americans who approve and who want the USA to be more like Russia than the other way around. Forget it.

Putin and his Fanboyz continue to make the error of judgement that because the Europeans decline to escalate militarily tit for tat with Russia the Europeans are weak. Yakovenko is being belligerent on authority from Putin. Have no doubt Gen. Milley speaks for the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff which Gen. Milley calls "The Team."

1000 Years of Russia

3B458B0000000578-0-image-a-12_1481580908641.jpg

Russian President Vladimir Putin arrives to speak during a reception marking the Heroes of the Farherland's Day at the Grand Kremlin Palace on December 9, 2016 in Moscow

Remember that Putin never played chess against anyone he couldn't put in jail. Or have shot. Or poisoned. The Putin Fanboyz are defending Polonium Putin or they are giving Putin a free pass.

And some further information for the good folks on this board. The Constitutions of both Ukraine and Crimea (ARC) stated that any change in the status of Crimea had to be approved by the Ukraine Constitutional Court and also approved by a national referendum in Ukraine.

How can 2% of the people (Crimea) unilaterally decide the fate of land that belongs to 100% of all Ukrainians (Crimea)?

1. Crimea was unilaterally attached to Ukraine in the first place.
2. There was no legitimate Ukrainian government to vote on it.

I told you some days ago that it was only a matter of time until you outed yourself.

How about you be more specific, instead of making cowardly illusions.

What gave the US the right to invade Libya, Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan, among others.? Elections? Let's look at Honduras. The USA. Haiti.
/

They won't ever look in the mirror.

The government in Ukraine was illegitimate? Combined with your belief that a 95% electoral victory to rejoin Russia was legitimate in spite of having just been militarily invaded two weeks earlier, your belief that Putin isn't an autocrat and that he hasn't jailed or harmed his political rival, it's clear that you're here for no purpose other than to disseminate pro-Kremlin propaganda, and sow division and poison morale in the US.

Quit crying and make a real point. Crying is not a point.

Did the Ukranian people not demonstrate their right to self-determination by removing a government which was oppressing the Ukranian people?

Which Ukrainians? And when is overthrowing your government because some of you disagreed with a trade agreement considered legitimate? So Trump put a nix on the TPP so we should overthrow the sitting President over it, eh?

We have an ongoing "War on Terror" that seems to have no end in sight. The Pentagon recently confirmed that we've got troops in Yemen. We had a proxy war in Syria that we lost. We're sending arms to Ukraine. There might be a war with North Korea for all we know. It seems that the people in power, be they Democrat or Republican, want the US to get involved in wars or to start wars.

Quite frankly, this is but one of the reasons why I don't consider Democrats and Republicans to be different from one another.

Interesting video on North Korea by the way.

All we're doing with this consistent state of war is propping up commercial interests and continuing to meddle with the policies and governments of countries whose resources we are exploiting. It's been going on since the late 19th century and after WWI it's delivered us nothing but trouble. The most dangerous part of this interloping, in my view, is the propaganda ties to "patriotism" and "supporting our troops" and "warriors" fighting for freedom and democracy". It is so reminiscent of The British Empire when soldiering was the most honorable thing a man could do. It continues to bring us nothing but insecurity.

Quit crying and make a real point. Crying is not a point.

So who's crying? You're the one who's freaking out because somebody pointed out that Putin is a dictator, murders and imprisons his critics, illegally invaded a country and held a sham vote afterwards.

So who's crying? You're the one who's freaking out because somebody pointed out that Putin is a dictator, murders and imprisons his critics, illegally invaded a country and held a sham vote afterwards.

Fishking is crying again. Boo- hoo. Ukraine is bad because they want their territory back.

Back
Top Bottom