• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are people too stupid for democracy to work?

Are people too stupid for democracy to work>

• Yes

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 42.9%

• Total voters
As of this moment, people are to ignorant of the processes that make our government work. I'd be surprised if 6 out of 10 people could identify the 3 branches of American government. But, knowledge will quench their ignorance. I think once the majority decides to get involved and educated in politics and legislation, maybe democracy could be better implemented.

It's also impossible to be WELL informed on all but a handful of issues. That's why people primarily vote ideology before individual candidate.

Without really knowing if the candidate actually agrees with the ideology.

People are too flawed, stupid, evil, and naive for democracy will work.

Don't know about Libya, but NK is another excellent example of how terrible democracy can be.

In no way, shape, or form is North Korea a democracy. Do you even know what the word means? I mean, I have read the rest of your posts, stating that the Middle Ages were the best time to be alive, etc. And I would have to say, you continue to show your extremely deluded and frankly terrifying worldview in almost every post you make.

In no way, shape, or form is North Korea a democracy.

You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts. The fact is, NK is a democracy. You may have some reason for denying this, but I don't really care. It is what it is independent of your ability to accept reality.

You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts. The fact is, NK is a democracy. You may have some reason for denying this, but I don't really care. It is what it is independent of your ability to accept reality.

No it is not a democracy, at all.

The politics of North Korea takes place within the framework of the official state philosophy, Juche, a concept created by Hwang Chang-yŏp and later attributed to Kim Il-sung.[1][2] In practice, North Korea functions as a one-party state under a totalitarian[3] family dictatorship,[4][5] described even as an absolute monarchy[6][7][8] with Kim Il-sung and his heirs as its rulers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_North_Korea

https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2006/north-korea?page=22&year=2006&country=6993

You. Are. Not. Entitled. To. Your. Own. Facts.

Do. You. Un. Der. Stand.

Can you show me evidence(facts) that North Korea is a democracy?

Can you show me evidence(facts) that North Korea is a democracy?

For goodness sake, it's in the country's name. A basic Google search could tell you that.

Stupid? No. Selfish? Yes.
You did not include short sighted!
The selfish behavior is at some level parasitic to freedom,
it destroys the environment that allows the freedoms to continue.

For goodness sake, it's in the country's name. A basic Google search could tell you that.

If you're gonna **** on democracy as a form of government, at least know what you're talking about.

Do you think China is a democracy too, given it's named the People's Republic of China, denoting that it is a state of the people and thus democratic?

Do better.

If you're gonna **** on democracy as a form of government, at least know what you're talking about.

Do you think China is a democracy too, given it's named the People's Republic of China, denoting that it is a state of the people and thus democratic?

Do better.

Yes, China is another shining example of the evil of democracy.

The democratic process relies on the assumption that citizens (the majority of them, at least) can recognize the best political candidate, or best policy idea, when they see it. But a growing body of research has revealed an unfortunate aspect of the human psyche that would seem to disprove this notion, and imply instead that democratic elections produce mediocre leadership and policies.

Read more: People Aren't Smart Enough for Democracy to Flourish, Scientists Say | Why the Best Candidate Never Wins | Psychology

Wonderful article !!

To address the question, we would have to define "work." The last statement of the article seems to summarize why- namely, that democracy still seeks to ensure that we don't end up with ridiculously incompetent leaders.

So basically, I could say that I am a Bengal Tiger, and because I say I am that means that I am? I have to provide no other evidence that I am besides the fact that I call myself that?

So basically, I could say that I am a Bengal Tiger, and because I say I am that means that I am? I have to provide no other evidence that I am besides the fact that I call myself that?

No. That doesn't follow.

NK has a democratic system (elections etc.)

People in democracies tend to be much more dissatisfied with the government then those in monarchies.

maybe because in monarchies or other authoritarian nations, the government knows how people vote in said polls.

Hahahahaaahahhahahaahahahaha, no they don't

You get to vote for Glorious Leader, Glorious Leader, Glorious Leader, or, in a shocking suprise twist, Glorious Leader.

Back
Top Bottom