• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-choice propaganda about parenting

So if I make a promise that I have already been living by for the last eight years I will all of a sudden not be able to stop myself from cheating. That seems pretty hard to believe.

One of you probably will, over time. Stats suggest this to be highly probable.

One of you probably will, over time. Stats suggest this to be highly probable.

It shows that it's highly probably regardless of marriage.

Ok, find an actual doctor, but be sure that he does this appendectomy in his basement, with tools he has on hand. Should be interesting.

They were done in hospitals.

It shows that it's highly probably regardless of marriage.

Marriage makes it more likely since breaking up takes time, costs money and is often delayed until the s really htf...especially if you have kids.

Nonsense, utter nonsense, if abortion was meant to commit genocide to the blacks, it would have been a pretty miserable failure as the Black population in the US is not decreasing, it is increasing.

...to point out just one obvious example.

Marriage makes it more likely since breaking up takes time, costs money and is often delayed until the s really htf...especially if you have kids.

I suppose that makes sense. Still, I wouldn't exactly call that much of an excuse for the behavior.

They were not back alley abortions. lol

Some states had legal abortion, and those may very well have been performed by doctors in hospitals. Others were done in other countries. But, most illegal abortions were performed by nurses and midwives, and the only time a hospital was involved was when something went wrong and the patient began experiencing severe complications.

I suppose that makes sense. Still, I wouldn't exactly call that much of an excuse for the behavior.

I don't excuse people for dying and leaving behind loved ones on their way up Mt Everest either, but sometimes **** happens.

Some states had legal abortion, and those may very well have been performed by doctors in hospitals. Others were done in other countries. But, most illegal abortions were performed by nurses and midwives, and the only time a hospital was involved was when something went wrong and the patient began experiencing severe complications.

Nope. By the late 1930's clinics and even some hospitals operated in defiance of the law and would regularly do illegal abortions. This would change by the 1960's when their operations were raided and the doctors, nurses and midwives doing the abortions were arrested.

Nope. By the late 1930's clinics and even some hospitals operated in defiance of the law and would regularly do illegal abortions. This would change by the 1960's when their operations were raided and the doctors, nurses and midwives doing the abortions were arrested.

I've heard of the illegal clinics, same with doctor's offices and other make-shift surgical centers. But, hospitals? Not so much.

I know she nearly died because abortions that are illegal are very often unsafe for the woman where as legal abortions are much , much safer for the woman.

That is one of reasons why I support pro choice.
Many women are so desperate not to continue an unwanted pregnancy they will have an unsafe illegal abortion if a legal abortion is not available to them even when they know an illegal abortion might kill them.

I have no way of knowing, but I doubt that Scrabaholic's friend considered beforehand whether the illegal procedure might kill her. Anyway, this doesn't negate my point--that she made a decision (to participate in a crime) that nearly cost her her life.

Let's talk about Joko104's cannon-mounted beach-patrolling batmobile instead...

It has as much to do with the thread topic and as much credibility as a story.

I don't excuse people for dying and leaving behind loved ones on their way up Mt Everest either, but sometimes **** happens.

Sigh. You sound like someone that cheated in the past.

Sigh. You sound like someone that cheated in the past.

I've been married three times. You have some catching up to do. :)

I've been married three times. You have some catching up to do. :)

If I was planning on getting married I would have already done it.

If I was planning on getting married I would have already done it.

I should have waited until I turned 50, and just married my third wife out the late gate. :)

Where on earth would you pull something like that from?

Accepting 'information' from a site that obviously is promoting a specific subject or political leaning ('ConservativeNews.com or Liberal times.net as examples)) is not likely to be objective about their subject, is it?

It's Blacks who feel they are being slowly wiped out. Yes it leans a little toward the Black opinion.

Nonsense, utter nonsense, if abortion was meant to commit genocide to the blacks, it would have been a pretty miserable failure as the Black population in the US is not decreasing, it is increasing.

There's nearly 18 million less than there would have been.

Incorrect. Try again.

gen·o·cide
ˈjenəˌsīd/Submit
noun
the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

Close enough. Blacks seem to think they're being targeted.

Back
Top Bottom