• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ann Coulter says she will not speak at Berkeley: 'It’s a sad day for free speech'

You call me a liberal and yet I fully support her right to be there, so I guess there goes your expose.

Anyways, in the end she is the one who decided not to go. She is always free to make her speech to the ones who want to hear it, even if she has to go somewhere else. Trust me, she is loving this - more dinero in her bank after this boosts her victim status.

Exactly.

It wasn't a picnic, it was two sides looking for a fight. Jesus, I don't think I've encountered any more dishonest representation of that.

No. The "right-wing" group showed up for a picnic, the liberal antifa showed up for a fight. Just because the RW group was there, does not mean that they were looking for a fight. It was the presence of the liberal antifa group that created the conflict and they chose to show up after they found out that the RW group was having it's legal gathering. Had they not forced themselves into a place of conflict, there would have been no conflict. They could have showed up and done their own thing and everything would have been hunky-dory, but instead they chose conflict.

I don't try to silence people whose verbal garbage annoys me.I just ignore them.

But we're not talking about you, we're talking about the liberal antifa group who does try to silence other people. Do you support that kind of action?? Do you think that the liberal leaders in this country should be denouncing it? Do you think that liberals in general should be denouncing it??

I think that she should have spoken and let the riots commence. The best thing conservatives could do right now is to use Berkeley as a place to show America the true face of the violent left. Show America where the real problem lies. Start getting as many right-wing speakers there as possible to expose these cretins for the thug that they are. Force LE to start arresting the rioters en masse if needed and if there aren't enough local officers, bring in county and state officers. Instead of letting the thugs win, give them the rope needed to hang themselves.

Right-wing lies at their finest. How many times are you going to need to read that it was anarchists who smashed windows at Berkeley?

BTW, the latter half of your post seems to suggest that you want rioting and violence to happen. Do you?

Right-wing lies at their finest. How many times are you going to need to read that it was anarchists who smashed windows at Berkeley?

BTW, the latter half of your post seems to suggest that you want rioting and violence to happen. Do you?

Those are Leftists tryinh to creaye chaos. Stop trying to distance yourself from them. They NEVER riot at Liberal events, only Conservative ones.

I think you misunderstood my post. I was saying that I wish people would ignore rhetorical bomb-throwers like Milo and Coulter rather than protesting them. Reacting to them with outrage is playing into their hands.
Fair enough...

On the other side : What ANTIFA is doing is frequently criminal and should be treated as such. Trumpers that engage in violence or provocation of violence should be treated the same.

But the violent people supporting Pres. Trump are a few isolated dumb asses who need to be in jail, while the violent people on the other side of the fence are semi-organized groups in the hundreds or even thousands who also should be in jail and the people who are organizing them should be in jail for even longer. Trying to make it sound like there is any meaningful level of equivalency between the two is dishonest.

Intelligent response. Have you read her work?

Come on, you only like her because you both hate da libbos, amirite? If everything she said was about conservatives instead of liberals, I doubt you'd be so quick to say she makes sense.

No, it was liberals antifa thugs who were doing this. If these were apolitical anarchists, we'd be seeing them at liberal oriented events as well, but oddly enough that isn't happening.

Yes and no. There comes a point where we need to start turning over rocks and exposing these thugs to the light of justice and unfortunately the only way to do that is to get them in the streets and catch them in the act. I deplore the violence and harm they will do as a result, but they need to be in jail and if this is the only way to do that, then the sad and harsh reality is that it's what needs to happen. We also need to be standing up to these thugs and letting them know that their violence in the cause of what can only be described as a civil rights violation will not be tolerated and will not be allowed to succeed. I don't want the violence, but I do want justice and this is really tough situation where we have to allow them to break the law so that we can stop them from breaking it any more. When situations like come up, the local LE needs to be bringing in reinforcements and making massive arrests and our justice system needs to be putting these thugs in jail for a long time if they are found guilty. I would greatly prefer that we could find another way to bring these thugs to justice, but unless someone breaks ranks and hands them over to LE, I don't see any other way.

No. The "right-wing" group showed up for a picnic, the liberal antifa showed up for a fight. Just because the RW group was there, does not mean that they were looking for a fight. It was the presence of the liberal antifa group that created the conflict and they chose to show up after they found out that the RW group was having it's legal gathering. Had they not forced themselves into a place of conflict, there would have been no conflict. They could have showed up and done their own thing and everything would have been hunky-dory, but instead they chose conflict.

The white supremacist group showed up looking for a fight with the antifa jerks, and everyone got what they were looking for. That's all.

A picnic....jesus tap dancing christ.

The white supremacist group showed up looking for a fight with the antifa jerks, and everyone got what they were looking for. That's all.

A picnic....jesus tap dancing christ.

What you're assuming is that they somehow knew that the liberal antifa thugs were going to show up if they showed up. Show us the FACTS that support that...

What you're doing is like claiming that the scratches a rapist got while raping a girl were the fault of the girl because she chose to walk down a dark alley. Your logic claims that she invited the attack by walking down the alley and that the harm she caused was her fault.

Obviously we needed yet another thread about this exact same issue so that he hard Right could spread more misinformation.:roll:

What you're assuming is that they somehow knew that the liberal antifa thugs were going to show up if they showed up. Show us the FACTS that support that...

What you're doing is like claiming that the scratches a rapist got while raping a girl were the fault of the girl because she chose to walk down a dark alley. Your logic claims that she invited the attack by walking down the alley and that the harm she caused was her fault.

Of course they knew, particularly by the third time this happened. The last one was the worst one and the white supremacists were there specifically to get in a fight. And now it will keep happening. Both sides are itching to fight each other, and they're going to come out of the woodwork each and every time til something is done. And because of that, Berkeley has to move events around in order to make sure they can create a safe environment and provide adequate security.

Just another case of Coutler gets exactly what will help her sell more books - controversy. No victims here!

How many of them are listening to Coulter's right-wing garbage?

I don't know

But the people who invited coulter to speak are not the ones threatening violence

Its the liberal/progressive who are guilty of that

Yeah, but wasn't that more to do with his "defense" of pedophiles video that had surfaced. Pretty sure he didn't have to resign from Breitbart because of the protest at Berkeley, lol. It was because of that video. So how about a little of that intellectual honesty and not trying to rope the two together.

So long as Coulter doesn't have some video surface where she apparently defends pedophilia, she'll be just fine.

Coulter will be ok but not free speech and civil discourse at Berkley

That foundation of democracy is taking a beating thanks to the fascist snowflakes

But the people who invited coulter to speak are not the ones threatening violence

Well....duh. I mean they invited her, they're not going to threaten violence in order to shut down the event, they want the event.

Of course they knew, particularly by the third time this happened. The last one was the worst one and the white supremacists were there specifically to get in a fight. And now it will keep happening. Both sides are itching to fight each other, and they're going to come out of the woodwork each and every time til something is done. And because of that, Berkeley has to move events around in order to make sure they can create a safe environment and provide adequate security.

So because they are exposing themselves to attack by people who disagree with them, we should excuse those who attacked them and blame the victim??? Do these clowns have a legal right to gather in peace without being attacked or don't they?? That's the end of the discussion. Either they are CONSTITUTIONALLY protected when they peacefully gather (whether you or I like them or not) or they are not. If they are, then the liberal antifa thugs are the ONLY guilty party in this, if not, then the next time there is an anti-Trump protest, the police have the full legal right to wade in and arrest everyone. You don't get it both ways. Either the clowns have the right to gather peacefully or the anti-Tump protesters all get to go to jail if the gov't decides to do so.

Coulter will be ok but not free speech and civil discourse at Berkley

That foundation of democracy is taking a beating thanks to the fascist snowflakes

I mean, she still has Free Speech too.

I think that, ultimately, this will be able to be handled on Berkeley as well. We'll have to see, but I can't imagine this being long term.

So because they are exposing themselves to attack by people who disagree with them, we should excuse those who attacked them and blame the victim??? Do these clowns have a legal right to gather in peace without being attacked or don't they?? That's the end of the discussion. Either they are CONSTITUTIONALLY protected when they peacefully gather (whether you or I like them or not) or they are not. If they are, then the liberal antifa thugs are the ONLY guilty party in this, if not, then the next time there is an anti-Trump protest, the police have the full legal right to wade in and arrest everyone. You don't get it both ways. Either the clowns have the right to gather peacefully or the anti-Tump protesters all get to go to jail if the gov't decides to do so.

They all showed up to fight, they all got a fight. It wasn't a picnic, it was a gang brawl.

I think recently Berekely had problems with both sides colliding. The anarchists/antifa vs white supremacist groups and such.

Liberals started it

They became violent and the liberal educators let them get away with it.

Which invited cournter protests by the extreme rightwiing

But the cancer began with the lefties

Liberals started it

They became violent and the liberal educators let them get away with it.

Which invited cournter protests by the extreme rightwiing

But the cancer began with the lefties

Anyone, left or right, showing up to fight and infringe upon speech and protest need to be jailed. It's that simple. "The left started it" is just stupid rhetoric. OK, let's say it's true. No need for the right to join in. But they did. So now y'all are on equal moral ground.

Political ideology doesn't matter, those engaging in the violence need to be jailed.

Anarchists are just the violent limb of the liberal/progressive family tree

The anarchists did what they did on campus with the blessing of the liberal educators

Anyone, left or right, showing up to fight and infringe upon speech and protest need to be jailed.

It's that simple. "The left started it" is just stupid rhetoric. OK, let's say it's true. No need for the right to join in. But they did. So now y'all are on equal moral ground.

Political ideology doesn't matter, those engaging in the violence need to be jailed.

But the liberal/progressive educators are not jailing the snowflakes protesting conservatives

Which makes them complicit in the violence and lack of free speech

Back
Top Bottom