• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ann Coulter says she will not speak at Berkeley: 'It’s a sad day for free speech'

That's just a BS answer Mac. Coulter could have rented another Hall, it wasn't a free speech issue. You're being used by the far right.

You mean off campus?

The same way germans who disapproved of hitler could give their speeches from london or new york

We are looking at the growing pains of fascism in its infancy

You mean off campus?

The same way germans who disapproved of hitler could give their speeches from london or new york

We are looking at the growing pains of fascism in its infancy

You're not reading what I'm writing. I said, she could have grabbed a megaphone and had her free speech from the steps of Sproul Hall, like they've done at Berkeley since 1963, OR she could have spoken anywhere in town where she could get a place to do it. But her agenda for wanting to speak there in the first place is to run down the left and set up a scenario wherein it appears as though free speech is being denied.

She's a hack and she's taking advantage of violence on the campus which also has nothing to do with free speech. Cal should have just let the Republican group rent the hall and let her go on. I don't think she would have appeared out of fear for her own safety, but the Cal should have gone ahead.

You're not reading what I'm writing. I said, she could have grabbed a megaphone and had her free speech from the steps of Sproul Hall, like they've done at Berkeley since 1963, OR she could have spoken anywhere in town where she could get a place to do it. But her agenda for wanting to speak there in the first place is to run down the left and set up a scenario wherein it appears as though free speech is being denied.

She's a hack and she's taking advantage of violence on the campus which also has nothing to do with free speech. Cal should have just let the Republican group rent the hall and let her go on. I don't think she would have appeared out of fear for her own safety, but the Cal should have gone ahead.

What does the violence on the campus have to do with?

Republican students at berkeley invited her to speak on THEIR campus the same way that many others do every year.

The republican students followed the rules and requested a space for Coulter to speak and one was assigned.

But the liberal educators got cold feet and backed out of allowing coulter to speak.

After repeated attemts and a lawsuit the conservative student group gave up.

None of this is her fault

She can just hold her speech at Trump University... no wait, how about one of those far right religious places that brainwash people?

She can just hold her speech at Trump University... no wait, how about one of those far right religious places that brainwash people?

Until the mob shows up protesting the existence of these "far right religious places that brainwash people."

I think the ALT Right is behind the "violence threats", as a publicity stunt:

Administrators cited unspecified threats of violence in limiting Coulter to a daytime engagement off the main campus. The Berkeley campus and adjacent downtown has been the scene of three violent clashes since February between alt-right demonstrators and white nationalists on one side and anti-fascist and anarchist groups on the other.

Administrators cited unspecified threats of violence in limiting Coulter to a daytime engagement off the main campus. The Berkeley campus and adjacent downtown has been the scene of three violent clashes since February between alt-right demonstrators and white nationalists on one side and anti-fascist and anarchist groups on the other.
IF , that were true, they would be acting very democratic!

Its a pity that bedwetting liberals in Berkeley let masked snowflakes push them around

Back
Top Bottom