• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Question To Pro-Choice People

Re: @ least two errors there

Unborn Victims of Violence Act Unborn Victims of Violence Act - Wikipedia

Husband Scott Peterson was convicted of double homicide under California's fetal homicide law.

Because he murdered his wife and the child that she wanted to have, hence homicide as it had nothing to do with abortion or the right of his wife to choose.

Abortion is ACTIVELY PURSUING THE DEATH OF A LIVING HUMAN WHO'S GOING THROUGH
THE NATURAL STAGES OF DEVELOPMENT!

The zef is not a human being. You've been schooled in this over and over again ad nauseum.

Killing is not always wrong.

I recommend that anyone seeking an abortion get it done while the developing baby is still smaller than a pea. I cannot stand seeing a fully developed embryo cut up in pieces and fed to the garbage disposal.

You watch this often?

Not only is lying a sin but false accusations are sins as well.

Former official charged with animal cruelty discusses why he drowned cat https:Former official charged with animal cruelty discusses why he drowned cat - mlive.com

He was charged because how he did it is cruel. Did you miss the part in the article where it said:

In the past, he has taken feral cats to the animal shelter to be euthanized,

Why have there been no charges for that? Because animals are *humanely* euthanized at the shelter, not drowned.

Here is one. This is not the only case I have read about:

Former official charged with animal cruelty discusses why he drowned cat Former official charged with animal cruelty discusses why he drowned cat - mlive.com

As I said in another post, it was because he did it cruelly.

PA Cop who Killed Cat that Hissed at Him Cited for Animal Cruelty undefined

Why are you using a link you know to be a bad link? Can't discuss something that nobody can read.

I could not get the link to open, so here is another: Catasauqua police officer who shot cat found not guilty - The Morning Call The cop was later cleared for shooting the injured cat which looked like it was feral and was threatening him, fearing the cat could have had rabies.

He was found not guilty. From the article (bolding is mine)

"You can sit there and smirk because you won," Taschner told Pursell during Monday's hearing. "But what you did was not right. It just wasn't criminal."

*It wasn't criminal*, meaning it wasn't illegal.

Texas cop dies from complications from feral cat bite Texas cop dies from complications from feral cat bite

What does this have to do with it?

You have failed to prove your claim that:

People have gone to jail for putting dying pets out of their misery.

If pro-choice has the confidence that the woman's right to body autonomy can SUCCESSFULLY stand alone before the Supreme Court - then, why the heck do they go doing all sorts of contortions in their attempt to dehumanize the fetus?

I think that you are, and maybe not intentionally, misconstruing the use of the word "dehumanize". Being human is irrelevant. Personhood is what counts. If we were to encounter a being with equal level intelligence and self awareness, then they too would be worthy of personhood. It doesn't matter the race/species. Just because they are a Telarite, doesn't mean they are not a person. The use of the term" dehumanize", as you are using it, means to deny the personhood in an individual. Now given that the only beings we currently know as being capable of personhood are humans, the use of the word thus is understandable. But no one is actually trying to claim that a ZEF of human progenitors is not human itself. Hence, the difference between human and human being, or human and person.

They don't have that confidence!
If the fetus is recognized by the Supreme Court as a human, deserving of all right like any other -
then, it could very well be a different ballgame.
Our rights end when it steps on the right of another - at least, that's what I think.
Otherwise, what's wrong about someone needing a kidney desperately, to just take a kidney from another?

You are correct in your assertion but not in its application. Any rights he ZEF possesses ends at the woman's body. They end when they step upon the right of the woman. Ultimately, no one has the right to any kind of life support. Once the ZEF is out of her body, regardless of labels, she no longer has the right to outright terminate it. It is no longer imposing upon her body not her rights.

Supreme Court decisions can be surprising.
I gave the case of the Christian baker about the SSM wedding cake. Who would've thought the Supreme Court would overturn the ruling of the lesser courts, and rule in favor of the baker?
The ruling was based on artistic expression!

IIRC, that specific case won, where other bakers' cases didn't, because the customer wanted specific gay wedding words and graphics on it. The others just wanted generic wedding cakes and we're refused when it was found out it was for a gay wedding. Mind you I am of the camp that a private business owner has the right to refuse anyone for any reason including race, religions or hair color. But that is a separate thread and section altogether. But the cases still.had distinct difference, thus different outcomes.

Furthermore.....

The irony of it all, the very argument pro-choice uses (woman's autonomy), could be used against her, right?
After all, if the woman has sole control of her body, then, how the heck did she allow another human being to be created inside her?

It doesn't matter that she took action to place it there, assume we are setting aside cases of rape since that makes the argument fall apart. Her bodily autonomy allows her to withdraw her consent to use of the body at anytime for any reason. Otherwise, she would not be able to withdraw consent during sex. She can also withdraw consent, at least right up to the time of removal, say for giving a kidney to a person who will die otherwise, because there will be no time left to get another. The only time bodily autonomy does not allow for withdrawal of consent is after the action is complete or no longer active. Thus once the ZEF is out of her body, she no longer has full control over what happens. One the act of sex is complete, she cannot withdraw permission. Those acts are over and done.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Weight loss was later determined not to have been a factor. Nobody knows why she lost air, but her husband certainly was not in love with her. He was the one who found her collapsed and he was the one who called 911. Some say the call was deliberately delayed. Later, after Michael Schiavo sued the doctor for failing to diagnose bulimia, and won, he discovered the money was to go to Terri and her care, not to him. That was the grounds for him wanting Terri dead.

The money was gone by the time the feeding tube was removed. Her care was being paid for by the state. He wanted her dead so he could remarry (apparently, in FL you can't divorce a spouse who's in PVS). Like I've said before, it was the right decision by the wrong person.

An Rx for melancholy

No. Try to focus and not run off with silly twists. Jesus was wrongly accused and condemned. I mention that in light of the fact that leftists wrongly accuse and condemn innocent people today as well. Accusers are common in the devil's camp. False accusations abound in political discourse today and yet God still condemns false accusations.

You should get out more. Or read Alexander Hamilton / Ron Chernow, Penguin Press, c2004. You'll see the birth of political parties in the US, & how the patriots of the US War of Independence turned on each other. It's an excellent book, & very informative. Especially on the historical background of the Founding Fathers.

It doesn't matter that she took action to place it there, assume we are setting aside cases of rape since that makes the argument fall apart. Her bodily autonomy allows her to withdraw her consent to use of the body at anytime for any reason. Otherwise, she would not be able to withdraw consent during sex.

^This. So.much.this. Consent is continuous and can be withdrawn at any time.

What's all that got to do with my response to you?
I told you - I just saw your question -

you're asking what after-birth abortion is.

That's all I saw!

Then you complained about the link - so, I gave you another link!

I gave you the answer to your question. That's all.:shrug:

I read an article from a bioethicist discussing theory and concepts. I have read the proposed law.

What is clear is that there is no such thing as as post birth abortion. There is infanticide.

So to you.....what would post birth abortion look like? A few examples would be nice.

Some people with alzheimer's can be like that. Some people in certain catatonic state, can be like that.

Anyway, I disagree with your speculation that the fetus is not aware of his surroundings, or has no consciousness.

That is why you have doctors and tests.😟 Don't you think a neurologist can tell the difference between advanced Alzheimer's and persistent vegetative state?

Weight loss was later determined not to have been a factor. Nobody knows why she lost air, but her husband certainly was not in love with her. He was the one who found her collapsed and he was the one who called 911. Some say the call was deliberately delayed. Later, after Michael Schiavo sued the doctor for failing to diagnose bulimia, and won, he discovered the money was to go to Terri and her care, not to him. That was the grounds for him wanting Terri dead.

Some say?

Perhaps their marriage was at a rocky state? And?

Potassium levels of two can be deadly if not immediately treated.

How did you decide she was strangled?:doh

If your only main argument
In other words, why do you go out of your way trying to prove the unborn is not a human being?
Well, for starters, it takes two to tango. You want to argue that the embryo is a human being so we have to argue about that because the embryo is not, in fact, a human being. It's just funny because even if you're stupid enough to think the Embryo is a human it doesn't matter. Because it still has no right to be there. So mostly it's just about wasting your time. We want you to spend a ton of energy on that dumb argument first in a desperate hope that you can change minds, but we know full well that even if you manage to convince people of that there's like 5 more reasons why it doesn't matter and abortion needs to remain legal.

Not only is lying a sin but false accusations are sins as well....

Her brain was damaged when she lost air for an extended period. Her husband likely strangled her and when she did not die he made up the crap story that she had told him she wanted to die if she ever became disabled.
Falsely accusing him of strangling and murder when no such actual evidence exists?

If your only main argument supporting the legalized murder of the unborn, is that the woman has the sole right to her body......

.....why does it matter to you if the baby is human, or not?

In other words, why do you go out of your way trying to prove the unborn is not a human being?
Because the unborn aren’t human beings (check the dictionary). Pro choice folks use the correct terms/words, while many pro-lifers deliberately ascribe incorrect terms/words.

Let's not beat around the bush; the majority of pro-lifers are so-called 'Christians' who lead their lives in accordance with an ancient, irrelevant book of fiction, myths, tales of gods, flying flaming chariots, levitation tricks and unicorns. Logic, common sense and independent thinking have therefore no place in their psyche. 'God' says it must be so, and there's no arguing with a 'deity', otherwise something called 'hell' awaits the poor deluded miscreant.

What a woman chooses to do with her body is no business of anyone else but her, her immediate family and her medical practitioner. Everyone else can take their business and shove it. Keep religion in churches and far away from normal people.

Last edited:

Do you know how many Americans have been sent to prison for murdering an unborn child?

Unborn Victims of Violence Act Unborn Victims of Violence Act - Wikipedia

Husband Scott Peterson was convicted of double homicide under California's fetal homicide law.

He murdered the woman and the fetus was killed when he murdered the person.

Feticide laws are state laws.

The fetus has no rights.

States however can bring a charge against a person who killed an unborn when attacking a pregnant woman.

Scott Peterson was charged with killing a person ( Lacy ) and charged with killing a fetus during the crime of murdering her.

California Cal. Penal Code § 187 (a) defines murder as the unlawful killing of a human being or a fetus with malice aforethought.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/fetal-homicide-state-laws.aspx

States can and often do have laws protecting non persons.

Last edited:

I recommend that anyone seeking an abortion get it done while the developing baby is still smaller than a pea. I cannot stand seeing a fully developed embryo cut up in pieces and fed to the garbage disposal.

We are in agreement there. The final thing you describe is very rare and always out of medical necessity. The unborn still feels and knows nothing.

Not only is lying a sin but false accusations are sins as well.

Former official charged with animal cruelty discusses why he drowned cat https:Former official charged with animal cruelty discusses why he drowned cat - mlive.com

Leftists kill unborn human babies all the time but they go ape bananas over the killing of animals. Consider this rant from one such animal lover:

Why PETA Kills Evidence - PETA Kills Animals

Leftists are becoming more deranged in our day, going way off the rails with their emotional nonsense hysteria. 'The world will end in 12 years if we do not go communist' is a sample of such stupidity.

He was charged with animal cruelty...that is a crime. Killing your own pet is not a crime.

Re: Follow the bouncing ball

Most Christians do still disapprove of murder, no matter how the Hitlers and Sangers define it. Never mind the murderers' 'rights to kill' that leftists want to protect.

As far as I know, all Christians disapprove of murder.

Most however, like myself, believe that abortion should be safe, legal, and rare.

Some people think it is cruel to "force" mothers to save their children alive.

THat sentence makes no sense.

The state can always take the children from a mother, with due process, for their safety.

It's none of your business. You people are all put in a woman's vagina like a papsmear. STAY OUT OF HER BUSINESS. Damn. If she gets an abortion, it is between her, her doctor, and her God. All the **** going on in the world and you are worried about Tanisha getting an abortion clear across the country Compton or Philadelphia. It makes no sense to me.

The only way I support a ban on abortion is if the US Taxpayer gives the mother $2 million dollars to raise the unborn child. PER unborn child. That's the only way. Fathers who don't pay child support and are in arrears of $5000 or more should be jailed indefinitely until the child is 18 y/o.You can't tell a woman to have a child then burden her with the responsibility with no aid or comfort. She isn't a cow, she is a human being.

^This. So.much.this. Consent is continuous and can be withdrawn at any time.
Except after the fact. If you consent to sex and complete the act, you can't withdraw consent anymore. If you give birth or the ZEF is otherwise outside of the body, you can't withdraw consent anymore.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom