• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A good way to describe anti-maskers!!

We now know that these are the same people who do not wash their hands after going to the bathroom, do not cover their mouths when coughing or sneezing.

correct. i have been a germaphobe for decades, and have watched them do dirty, stupid things the whole time.

A fair number if you've been paying attention....even beating them or pulling out guns.

That would not surprise me. I have not been paying attention, but have caught those 2 in CA.

Altar Boys & Girls in the Church of the Poisoned Mind, is how they come across, religious zealots driven by fear and ignorance.

We now know that these are the same people who do not wash their hands after going to the bathroom, do not cover their mouths when coughing or sneezing.

And have children that they want your kids to sit next to all day, what could go wrong.....

Wash your hands, don't touch your face stay home if you are sick, a mask is not appropriate or needed in a non health care setting was the mantra a little more than 100 days ago. Now it is, cover your nose and mouth, doesn't matter with what, a hankerchief will do. Anti maskers don't like to be lied to. Fauci inadvertently told the truth when he said masks were to remind those around you to be fearful. I guess they do do that.
I carry a mask and put it on when I go to a business where the employees are wearing them. It is out of respect for them and their sacrifice. It is kind of like holding a door for someone, a courtesy. That person was planning to open the door, didn't need my help.

If there has been a myriad of studies....the mask would have been our first response not the last.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

YEs, for science to be true, there can be no changes, EVER.

I have heard anti-maskers talk about their rights under our constitution and of course i laughed at that as it is bogus. BUt I did not have a good way of describing anti-makers until I read this. Anti-maskers are like the people in the movie Jaws who knew there was a shark in the water killing and eating people and still they wanted the chief of the police to allow them to go into the water. I guess you could say that the chief did not have the right under the constitution to keep them out of the water. the big difference between anti-maskers and the people in the movie of course is that the people going in the water in the movie were only hurting themselves, while anti-maskers are hurting everyone around them.

How can antimaskers hurt others? If masks work then they work both ways. So, if you don't want to get the virus then you should wear YOUR mask. It's ridiculous to claim that masks work for exhaling out to stop the virus but they don't work while inhaling. Or, you could just turn your mask around backwards and it will then work!

The Cornavirus is expelled on water droplets. Even the cheapest mask will stop the vast majority of those water droplets in a person's breath. Do try and learn what you are talking about before giving people bad information about something actually important.

You guys have to make up your minds. Do masks work or not? If they work then you should wear yours and it doesn't matter what anyone else does because if masks do as you say then all you have to do to stop the virus is wear yours.

No, they are not hurting everyone around them. In fact they rarely hurt anyone around them.

Absolutely amazing how these people can claim that masks only work for breathing out and don't work for breathing in. It only matters if YOU wear your mask. What other do doesn't matter.

So far, two people on this thread don't understand the science.

The left have their own science. They claim that masks only work for breathing out but do not work for breathing in. How stupid is that belief? If you don't want to catch the virus all you have to do is wear YOUR mask. It doesn't matter what others do.

Really? So you have an explanation for how the virus is transmitted and for the fact that there’s plenty of observational evidence, aside from myriad studies, that point to the efficacy of masks?

Do tell.

But you guys claim that masks work! If they work for breathing out then they work for breathing in. No matter how many people are not wearing masks, you probably won't get the virus transmitted to you if you are wearing yours. If people choose to not wear a mask and get the virus as a result, that is on them. It's not anything you have to worry about yourself if you are wearing YOUR mask.

This virus has really outed the so called 'pro-life' people for what they really are.

Mean, vicious, callous, hateful, selfish people who don't give rats ass about anybody's life except there own. They only use the abortion issue for politics, and politics only.

OTOH the masks that most people are wearing is one sewed up by Aunt Martha. It is usually one layer of T-shirt quality material. It is practically useless. Even the best masks filter down to 3 microns. The china virus measures 1.2 microns. The masks that 98% of the people are as effective as putting up a chain link fence to keep mosquitoes out of your back yard.

Bottom line masks are basically little more than political dictatorship.

Do you rad or listen or watch anything but right wing garbage. If you did you would learn how muc masks protect "OTHERS" when you wear them.

It is interesting that several videos and accounts from California show mask-wearers being very aggressive, to the point of assault, against those not wearing masks. Last week an old lady pepper-sprayed a couple sitting having a picnic lunch with their dog in accordance with ordinances which allow the mask off when eating.

RT this morning shows a masked couple (the woman) harassing 2 guys without masks sitting trying to eat. She throws hot coffee on one of the guys. A good resolution, the cops that were called had the woman apologize to the man she threw the coffee on and peace returned.

I wonder if there will be any videos or accounts of unmasked people harassing masked people?

A little bit off subject but I was out this weekend and saw something that caught my eye that I thought was rather stupid. I was next door to a restaurant in my car and noticed an older couple (not real old) who were both wearing masks outside social distancing while waiting for their table to be called so they could go in. They were outside with no one else around them wearing a mask I guess to protect them from the virus. Well, it occurred to me how stupid that was because it would be very highly unlikely they were going to catch the virus outside with no people even around them (OK, maybe when they put the masks on they didn't know if others were going to be close to them or not).

Anyway, they were so diligent about wearing their masks outside to protect them but I'll bet a million dollars when they got inside and were ready to eat, they were going to have their masks off for probably 30 min to an hour, at an inside setting where there was much higher chance of the virus floating around the inside air. It really made no sense to me to wear a mask outside when they knew they weren't going to be wearing one inside where there was that higher risk of breathing in the virus. Just seemed rather stupid to me.

Last edited:
No, they are not hurting everyone around them. In fact they rarely hurt anyone around them.

And why do you think that it spreads so in groups where people gather together and do not wear masks? YOu have got to stop watching Faux News.

Wash your hands, don't touch your face stay home if you are sick, a mask is not appropriate or needed in a non health care setting was the mantra a little more than 100 days ago. Now it is, cover your nose and mouth, doesn't matter with what, a hankerchief will do. Anti maskers don't like to be lied to. Fauci inadvertently told the truth when he said masks were to remind those around you to be fearful. I guess they do do that.
I carry a mask and put it on when I go to a business where the employees are wearing them. It is out of respect for them and their sacrifice. It is kind of like holding a door for someone, a courtesy. That person was planning to open the door, didn't need my help.

If there has been a myriad of studies....the mask would have been our first response not the last.

When the virus first raised its dealy head people were told not to wear masks as they were needed for health care workers and there was a huge shortage.

We were purposely lied to at the very beginning. They knew that people needed masks ASAP but told us we didn't need them at the time because they were afraid they would be immediately bought and horded to the point that healthcare professionals and providers would not be able to get them themselves, which they had already had a hard time procuring PPE as it was.

Because when people get power, they like to utilize it. It makes then feel important and that they are saving the world. Their lives are usually very dreary but if they think they are like some Avengers character or supergirl, that gives them a euphoric feeling.

I will repeat this for all hear. there have been ZERO scientific studies of the effectiveness of home made masks on the spread of COVID. At best there has been anecdotal studies of HOSPITAL issue masks on the spread of the FLU.

Don't believe these reports that "science" has studied wearing of masks for COVID and found them to be effective. NO SUCH study can be made unless you risk the lives of people in controlled studies where KNOWN people with COVID do not wear masks and stand 5 feet away from someone and cough in their faces! You would need to do that with thousands of people in a controlled room with scientists taking copious notes and readings of the particulates being emanated from the KNOWN COVID carrier and then follow the people around who were in contact with that person and make notes of who got the virus and who died and how many and also make sure those people weren't around some others.

As a society, we need to engage in critical thinking and stop this nonsense of believing others just because they have some initials behind their names and even IF millions of our fellow man believes what others believe. that is how religion started and that is how and why tens of millions were made to believe Trump colluded with Russia and were willing to impeach him over that lie. The belief disease is so powerful that some STILL insist Trump colluded.

It's like Logical1 said. Home made masks by Aunt Martha are like chain link fences. All they do is give a snowflake bragging rights that he effed with the non believers so much that they have to wear them now or be shot.

5 Questions: Stanford scientists on COVID-19 mask guidelines | News Center | Stanford Medicine
Reas it please and stop stating your so called "facts"

This virus has really outed the so called 'pro-life' people for what they really are.

Mean, vicious, callous, hateful, selfish people who don't give rats ass about anybody's life except there own. They only use the abortion issue for politics, and politics only.

Yep

Deplorable is exponentially way too nice a term.

Today we know more than we did 100 days so the recommendations will naturally change. There is nothing sinister about that (and I’m not suggesting that you think it sinister but plenty of people apparently do).

100 days ago the virulence of the virus and the fact that it is largely transmitted via exhaled water droplets was not well understood. As well there was and understandable concern about prioritizing safety of healthcare workers.
A lot of people apparently do not understand or take into account that as knowledge grows the strategy for dealing with the virus - or any problem for that matter - changes. It is not a static situation as many seem to believe but is actually highly fluid.

As for masks themselves they are a normal part of dealing with respiratory viruses in Asia and they work there. As well you’ll find that mask wearing was a normal recommendation during the Spanish Flu outbreak here in 1918. This isn’t a new recommendation in any way.

We were purposely lied to at the very beginning. They knew that people needed masks ASAP but told us we didn't need them at the time because they were afraid they would be immediately bought and horded to the point that healthcare professionals and providers would not be able to get them themselves, which they had already had a hard time procuring PPE as it was.

A little bit off subject but I was out this weekend and saw something that caught my eye that I thought was rather stupid. I was next door to a restaurant in my car and noticed an older couple (not real old) who were both wearing masks outside social distancing while waiting for their table to be called so they could go in. They were outside with no one else around them wearing a mask I guess to protect them from the virus. Well, it occurred to me how stupid that was because it would be very highly unlikely they were going to catch the virus outside with no people even around them (OK, maybe when they put the masks on they didn't know if others were going to be close to them or not).

Anyway, they were so diligent about wearing their masks outside to protect them but I'll bet a million dollars when they got inside and were ready to eat, they were going to have their masks off for probably 30 min to an hour, at an inside setting where there was much higher chance of the virus floating around the inside air. It really made no sense to me to wear a mask outside when they knew they weren't going to be wearing one inside where there was that higher risk of breathing in the virus. Just seemed rather stupid to me.

The less you are taking on and off the mask, the better. It is stopping them ALSO, from touching the surfaces of other customer waiters and then their faces.

the militant maskless are idiots. they should be fined, and the stores that let them in should be fined even more severely.

They are idiots but those are the idiots who are going to die from the virus. If you are wearing YOUR mask you don't really have to worry. If masks work for breathing out then they also work for breathing in. To claim that they only work for those breathing out is quite stupid. And, it's not really the militant idiots. It's the young progressive liberal idiots. Facts prove that it is the young people causing the virus spikes and the young tend to be more liberal and not militant.

They are idiots but those are the idiots who are going to die from the virus. If you are wearing YOUR mask you don't really have to worry. If masks work for breathing out then they also work for breathing in. To claim that they only work for those breathing out is quite stupid. And, it's not really the militant idiots. It's the young progressive liberal idiots. Facts prove that it is the young people causing the virus spikes and the young tend to be more liberal and not militant.

If others aren't wearing masks, I have to worry. My mask protects them from me.

the entire issue is that the leader of our country turned logic/staying safe into a political wedge issue.

you can't fix stupid.

Trump was smart enough to realize early on that you can't lock the country down to fight the virus. Now, even liberal California is in bad shape because they too realized that locking down isn't an acceptable choice.

Facts show that it is young liberals who are spreading the virus. Young people tend to be more liberal and not militants.

correct. i have been a germaphobe for decades, and have watched them do dirty, stupid things the whole time.

We now know that the virus is spiking due to young people who tend to be liberal democrats. They are not right wing militants.

Back
Top Bottom