• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

89 Year Old Washington State WuFlu Sufferer Survives

Of course they do, but a much lower percentage of their seniors have health issues.

Yeah... but more seniors by % since the have one of the WORLDS biggest Senior population?

Average lifespan of Italians: 82.5 years.

Average lifespan of Americans: 78 years.

COPD Prevalence in Italy: 3.2%

COPD Prevalence in the United States: 7.5% (American Lung Association numbers)

Diabetes rate in Italy: 5.3%

Diabetes rate in the United States: 10.5%

I can go on. Pick any health metric, and chances are we are significantly less healthy than Italians.

The first one is not very instructive because the reason for lower US life expectancy in not that the elderly die younger, it is that the young die more often. When you remove accidental deaths from DOA accidents, and gang violence, and drug over doses the US life expectancy is the highest in the world.

The second two statistics might mean something if you can show the rate among the age group we are discussing.

Last edited:
Attempts at insults, do not make you correct!

Being right makes me right, and I was talking about this Bug out of China long before anyone else was ....and this is just one of a 100 places that I have been more right than the average DP member.

89 years old.

Suffered a stroke.

Survived the WuFlu.

Washington man, 89, may be oldest American to survive coronavirus

First, the elder Campbell had suffered a stroke. After a 10-day hospital stay, he was transferred to Life Care for physical and occupational therapy, but on March 4, something potentially even more dangerous was spreading through the halls of the nursing home: Coronavirus.

So many miracles among the 99% or more who will survive.

:thumbs:

This is interesting.

Do you know if was given the malaria medications recently showing some good results? The article does not say anything about this.

One of the treatments heading down the road for this kind of thing is to do something with the plasma of those that have beaten the thing and use that product in others who are slipping.

Being right makes me right, and I was talking about this Bug out of China long before anyone else was ....and this is just one of a 100 places that I have been more right than the average DP member.
Talking about something early does not change the dates assigned to historical periods.
Could this virus potentially be very harmful to the generation known as boomers, absolutely,
but let's not fool ourselves into saying that an 89 year old is a post war baby boomer.

The first one is not very instructive because the reason for lower US life expectancy in not that the elderly die younger, it is that the young die more often. When you remove accidental deaths from DOA accidents, and gang violence, the US life expectancy is the highest in the world.

The second two statistics might mean something if you can show the rate among the age group we are discussing.

Thats overall. Do you know of any 30 year olds with Type 2 diabetes or COPD? I mean come on man. By any metric, the average Italian senior has fewer comorbidities than the average American senior.

Also, your numbers are wrong on life expectancy. Health status - Life expectancy at 65 - OECD Data

Our life expectancy numbers for those 65 and older are unremarkable just like our overall life expectancy numbers are. The problem we have in this country is we have too many people with a lifetime of poor diet and poor health choices / activity levels.

Are you kidding me? Restaurants, bars, movie theaters and many other businesses have been ordered closed. That has absolutely nothing to do with a self-quarantine of "significant risk" persons.

Who said I agree with shuttering businesses? You have a problem with people being out and about who can get sick while those asked to self quarantine, at least initially, were those in high risk groups. You said that the limited quarantine is "crazy", I'm saying that it isn't.

Who said I agree with shuttering businesses? You have a problem with people being out and about who can get sick while those asked to self quarantine, at least initially, were those in high risk groups. You said that the limited quarantine is "crazy", I'm saying that it isn't.

This is what you replied to:

Originally Posted by ttwtt78640
OK, but it is still crazy to say that some (actually most) are allowed to keep working without any COVID-19 testing or wearing of a mask, thus get paid to spread COVID-19, while some others must stop working to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Thats overall. Do you know of any 30 year olds with Type 2 diabetes or COPD? I mean come on man. By any metric, the average Italian senior has fewer comorbidities than the average American senior.

Also, your numbers are wrong on life expectancy. Health status - Life expectancy at 65 - OECD Data

Our life expectancy numbers for those 65 and older are unremarkable just like our overall life expectancy numbers are. The problem we have in this country is we have too many people with a lifetime of poor diet and poor health choices / activity levels.

Life expectancy of those at the age of 80 in the US exceeds the life expectancy of Sweden, France, England, and Japan. Do you have the methodology of that study? It doesn't appear to have been submitted for peer review.

This is what you replied to:

Right, and in that you stated it is crazy that most are allowed to keep working while some are not. I gave you reasons what that isn't so crazy.

The death rate for persons 80+ with corona is over 25%, so you cherry-picking a survivor proves literally nothing.

This was about as dumb and pointless as most of your threads, but I'm impressed that you finally started one that didn't involve insulting Democrats.
The fact that the survival rate for persons 80+ with the Chinese Virus is 75% and improving shows just how desperate you are to use the virus pandemic for political gain.

"Boomer Removal" they call it....

Tell me how I am wrong!

Is your post in jest? Are you, for example, suggesting coronavirus is a way to make Social Security solvent?:peace

89 years old.

Suffered a stroke.

Survived the WuFlu.

First, the elder Campbell had suffered a stroke. After a 10-day hospital stay, he was transferred to Life Care for physical and occupational therapy, but on March 4, something potentially even more dangerous was spreading through the halls of the nursing home: Coronavirus.

So..."God" performed a miracle for the 89 year old, but decided to bend over the dead teenager in California? At least try to give your deity the benefit of being a logical being.

I hear 100 year-old George Burns used to smoke a cigar a day. Thank God for His miracle and pass out the cigars.

Is your post in jest? Are you, for example, suggesting coronavirus is a way to make Social Security solvent?:peace

I am telling you that a certain sub set of these immoral ignorant young people that we have now refer to this bug as a "Boomer Remover".

Sue Me.

The fact that the survival rate for persons 80+ with the Chinese Virus is 75% and improving shows just how desperate you are to use the virus pandemic for political gain.

That's a really strange way to argue that we should let literally millions of Americans die. 1% of America is 3.2 million Americans. It's also worth noting the statistics from other countries are with medical systems that aren't as overwhelmed as ours would be if we let the virus just go nuts.

You're a really terrible person with no morality whatsoever.

But you try to take the position of scoffing at another for "using the virus" for some "political gain?" Thank goodness Trump hasn't fancied calling it the Zardon-Spandex Virus. Be your own man. COVID is not only scientifically accurate, but it has less letters. This means you are going out of your way to be loyal to your partisan nonsense.

That's a really strange way to argue that we should let literally millions of Americans die. 1% of America is 3.2 million Americans. It's also worth noting the statistics from other countries are with medical systems that aren't as overwhelmed as ours would be if we let the virus just go nuts.

Well, wanting to save millions of Americans is how they define their new political agenda for "the left." This is how lost in the political wilderness they are.

But you try to take the position of scoffing at another for "using the virus" for some "political gain?" Thank goodness Trump hasn't fancied calling it the Zardon-Spandex Virus. Be your own man. COVID is not only scientifically accurate, but it has less letters. This means you are going out of your way to be loyal to your partisan nonsense.

Said as the D's try desperately to parley this disaster for America into their Utopian visions for a Green New Deal

Because the need for their ego to run my life must come first.

BARF

Last edited:
:lamo

Any time someone has to "But TRUMP!" to try to make an argument you **** on both your credibility and your own argument. But at least you tell me everything I will ever need to know about you...so...into the box you go.

What a stupid response. You are arguing that in the case of a man that is 89 years old WITH dementia AND the fact that they actually DID treat him and he DID survive that somehow someone is suggesting "we should let literally millions of Americans die."

Holy ****...what HAPPENED to you? Your arguments were seldom good but they at least used to make sense and werent 'just' typically mindless hate filled drivel. Now....

Said as the D's try desperately to parley this disaster for America into their Utopian visions for a Green New Deal

Because the need for their ego to run my life must come first.

BARF

First, what do I care about making airlines greener or your sad petrified and delusional little life?

Second, what do either have to do with an individual's personal need to please a Donald Trump antic over the proper name of the virus, while accusing others of a political agenda? What is truly pathetic about this is that you people can't even see how Trump's "Chinese" virus is only meant to please a simple mind. From here, calling it the proper scientific name become oddly political. In other words, accuracy is a "left" thing. You people insult your own intellect.

* But since you opened the door, corporations, that come to the government with hat-in-hand, after declaring that government should not interfere with their businesses, must adhere to conditions for that money, especially when so little of it is even theirs anymore. If the condition for tax-payer handouts is for the CEO to place his lips on a piece of dookie, that ****er better pucker the hell up. I'm amazed that your personal need to whine about liberals overcomes your ability to rationalize.

Last edited:
89 years old.

Suffered a stroke.

Survived the WuFlu.

Among elderly Chinese who smoked, a double risk factor, only 8% died.

You don't want to have to roll those dice, but a 92% chance of surviving isn't horrible.

Any time someone has to "But TRUMP!" to try to make an argument you **** on both your credibility and your own argument. But at least you tell me everything I will ever need to know about you...so...into the box you go.

Um....."but Trump" has nothing to do with it. "But YOU" does.

- YOU choose to follow in Trump's footsteps.
- YOU choose to obey his misnomer.
- YOU choose to use this to establish your loyalty and political agenda to play the victim to "the left's" supposed political correctness.
- YOU choose to ignore science in order to cater to what you think is an anti-left, right-wing political agenda.

Thus, your accusation of another is not only hypocritical, but also absurd. You see, you don't get to pass this off as "but Trump." This is YOU. You've spent the last three years giving yourself to Trump. You can't even bring yourself to deny his misnomer today. And what you "need" to know about me, and as my posts clearly imply, is that I have integrity and I base this first on being my own man.

Last edited:
Exactly, they had "adequate" testing because they had a government which decided to prioritize testing based on infection rates (test results) and tracing contacts of those testing positive.

Containment and surveillance testing works if you start early and take it seriously.

Back
Top Bottom