• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

12,000 years ago in CHINA vs. 6000 years ago Garden of Eden?

LOL Floods don't erode 100's of feet of rock. That takes water millions of years.

One thing I was always told by YEC's is that 1) The different layers of sediment was caused by the flood and 2) The flood carved through the sediment to cause the grand canyon. I can't see how both those statements could be true (although the evidence is both are false)

Diverting any and every topic to their personal expressions of bigotry and hatred of Christians is very popular among some Democrats on the forum. Why any Christian would vote Democratic in any election for any office seems nearly suicidal.

Christianity is not aligned with any political party.

I was pointing out one christian mocking another christian. Yet christians get all upset when non believers mock them.

Another thread off the rails... the issue at hand is we still today have enough people who subscribe to religious fundamentalism and literalism allowing themselves to ‘believe’ the world is 6000 or so years old despite all the evidence to the contrary.

It does not matter what those who subscribe to some other flavor of Christianity suggest about any number of subjects trying to divert attention away from the very text, their own bible, that makes religious fundamentalism and literalism exist.

Our issue is always the same, and it boils down to systems of belief are incompatible with systems of science. The more we learn from process the more we can conclude the authors of all that text had no idea what in the hell they were talking about. Yet they regurgitated and authored Bronze Age myths to the nth degree.

Lastly science is not about control, it is about gaining understanding from doubt and reason.

Religion is about control, by appealing to emotion over intellect as a means to enslave.

Another thread off the rails... the issue at hand is we still today have enough people who subscribe to religious fundamentalism and literalism allowing themselves to ‘believe’ the world is 6000 or so years old despite all the evidence to the contrary.

It does not matter what those who subscribe to some other flavor of Christianity suggest about any number of subjects trying to divert attention away from the very text, their own bible, that makes religious fundamentalism and literalism exist.

Our issue is always the same, and it boils down to systems of belief are incompatible with systems of science. The more we learn from process the more we can conclude the authors of all that text had no idea what in the hell they were talking about. Yet they regurgitated and authored Bronze Age myths to the nth degree.

Lastly science is not about control, it is about gaining understanding from doubt and reason.

Religion is about control, by appealing to emotion over intellect as a means to enslave.

Faith is about the reality of things unseen. religion typically abuses faith.

One thing I was always told by YEC's is that 1) The different layers of sediment was caused by the flood and 2) The flood carved through the sediment to cause the grand canyon. I can't see how both those statements could be true (although the evidence is both are false)

Magic. It explains everything.

Are you mocking a christian?

No...not really. Different denominations chuckle at each other from time to time...but you typically don't see anyone get very ugly about it, because it's only really a big deal to folks who don't understand what the religion is about, or only do from the perspective of someone wishing to discredit it. :shrug:

Hate to say this, but I'm not sure it's all that controversial: you just wouldn't understand. :)

And once again, mocking a christian.

:lamo You're all of a sudden the protector of Christian feelings, are you?

I "mock" all kinds of people evenly, and I'm not "mocking" his beliefs...rather I'm having a chuckle at his attempts to politicize religion, and not a mean chuckle at that. W and I have a history outside this thread, and I expect he took it as it was meant to be received - his response would indicate so.

But thanks for looking out for us Christians, David, you truly are a wonderful ally... :lol:

So what's the deal here? How could Adam & Eve and the whole Garden of Eden thing happen roughly 6000 years ago, but yet we have skulls in northeast China from roughly 12,000 years ago?
”Wang, get down here! That naked couple are in our garden stealing from the apple tree again!”

12,000 years ago, a boy had his skull squashed into a cone shape | Fox News

So what's the deal here? How could Adam & Eve and the whole Garden of Eden thing happen roughly 6000 years ago, but yet we have skulls in northeast China from roughly 12,000 years ago?

Nobody with half a brain takes "6000 years" seriously. And even if they have just barely half a brain they'll make up some excuse, like Satan put those point-skull bones there to fool us or our dating techniques aren't accurate.

Amazing, isn't it? That adults in the 21st century of the Common Era would suggest that an area less than 300 miles in length somehow represents what they suggest happened to the whole world. The entire globe gets "flooded", but only leaves "evidence" in one precision pin point spot.

OM

Nobody with half a brain takes "6000 years" seriously. And even if they have just barely half a brain they'll make up some excuse, like Satan put those point-skull bones there to fool us or our dating techniques aren't accurate.

In U.S., Belief in Creationist View of Humans at New Low

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The percentage of U.S. adults who believe that God created humans in their present form at some time within the last 10,000 years or so -- the strict creationist view -- has reached a new low. Thirty-eight percent of U.S. adults now accept creationism, while 57% believe in some form of evolution -- either God-guided or not -- saying man developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life.

Just saying....

:lamo You're all of a sudden the protector of Christian feelings, are you?

I "mock" all kinds of people evenly, and I'm not "mocking" his beliefs...rather I'm having a chuckle at his attempts to politicize religion, and not a mean chuckle at that. W and I have a history outside this thread, and I expect he took it as it was meant to be received - his response would indicate so.

But thanks for looking out for us Christians, David, you truly are a wonderful ally... :lol:

You mock Christians.

No...not really. Different denominations chuckle at each other from time to time...but you typically don't see anyone get very ugly about it, because it's only really a big deal to folks who don't understand what the religion is about, or only do from the perspective of someone wishing to discredit it. :shrug:

Hate to say this, but I'm not sure it's all that controversial: you just wouldn't understand. :)

I chuckle at all religious beliefs.

I chuckle at all religious beliefs.

Good for you, so what? Want a cookie? A gold star perhaps? Maybe a ticker tape parade, announcing your glorious skepticism to the world.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom