• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

12,000 years ago in CHINA vs. 6000 years ago Garden of Eden?

Do you have any reputable sites for this? Because when I google it, I get nadda.

Actually, it's because an education allows us to better evaluate information sources. For example, we don't get fooled into believing the first thing we find on the internet.

I've read a lot of your posts, this would help you immensely:

Evaluating Websites - Velma Bell Hamilton Middle School - LibGuides at Madison Metropolitan School District

Next thing you're going to tell me you believe in Santa Claus, because:

:lamo

Wilson-Leonard Site

Nope Christianity didn't exist 12,000 yrs. ago. Using the Chinese as an atheist analogy brings god-less communists to mind.

Godless commies didn't exist 12,000 years ago either. Why did you bring up a 12,000 year old skeleton in Texas when the OP was about skull shaping on a 12,000 year old skeleton in China, that's what I want to know.

Go look at the Grand Canyon.....A river made that thru solid rock. It started 20 million years ago. No carbon dating needed to see it had to take that long.

grand-canyon.jpg

The grand canyon formed from the Great Flood, or at least I was told that by a poster on this site before

Go look at the Grand Canyon.....A river made that thru solid rock. It started 20 million years ago. No carbon dating needed to see it had to take that long.

grand-canyon.jpg

There are a number of YEC that say that is evidence of the world wide flood.

It isn't a lie. The idea that Adam and Eve was created 6,000 years ago came from Bishop Ussher who used chronology and genealogy to figure the number of years.

That is not the earth but the human race...big difference...

grand-canyon.jpg

The earth...not humans...

The OP talks about the Garden of Eden, not the Earth.

But yet the skeptic's argument is that the earth is 6,000 years old and that is not what the Bible says...in fact it gives no reference to the age of the earth at all...

But yet the skeptic's argument is that the earth is 6,000 years old and that is not what the Bible says...in fact it gives no reference to the age of the earth at all...

I realize some of them say that the Earth is 6,000 years old. However, Adam and Eve are supposed to be the first humans on Earth. At least that's what Christians believe. Some Creationists believe that the Earth has existed millions of years before Adam and Eve.

I realize some of them say that the Earth is 6,000 years old. However, Adam and Eve are supposed to be the first humans on Earth. At least that's what Christians believe. Some Creationists believe that the Earth has existed millions of years before Adam and Eve.

So why the example of the Grand Canyon? That has nothing to do with when humans were created...

Don't be ridiculous, it's not controversial at all.

People try to make it controversial, by using C14 dating outside of it's applicable range, or by using contaminated samples, but scientists know about this, and when samples are properly analyzed it provides an accurate estimation of the date a once living thing existed.
It's not controversial at all... if we ignore all the controversy. :2razz:

I have no interest in researching or debating it, hence I'll concede the point. For all I know, it could be the most spectacularly accurate science known to man. It doesn't matter to me personally, for reasons I've already explained.

The earth...not humans...

LOL So true. It also took humans many millions of years to evolve from blue green algae like all life on this planet. Humans are the Grand Canyons of life forms.

LOL So true. It also took humans many millions of years to evolve from blue green algae like all life on this planet. Humans are the Grand Canyons of life forms.

lol...

Yeah, honestly, I would guess that the number of Christians who get hung up on a 6000 year old world are not in the majority, and are pretty centralized by denomination. I grew up in the church, and didn't even hear about a 6000 year old world until I met someone from the Missionary denomination, and I was in my early twenties at that point. Same person wanted to tell me that people and dinosaurs co-existed....hehe...

Are you mocking a christian?

:lamo Good grief, WCH... You do know Christ was a communist, right? Why else do you think we celebrate communion? :lamo

:lamo

I love hyper conservative Christians, they're more fun than Pokémon.

And once again, mocking a christian.

Yeah, not the most reliable thing on earth...

How unreliable is it compared to disappeared golden plates found by a man previously convicted of fraud using printed metal plates?

How unreliable is it compared to disappeared golden plates found by a man previously convicted of fraud using printed metal plates?

Um, I am not a Mormon...:roll:

It isn't a lie. The idea that Adam and Eve was created 6,000 years ago came from Bishop Ussher who used chronology and genealogy to figure the number of years.

Is the Book Of Ussher in the NT or OT? :roll:

Are you mocking a christian?

Diverting any and every topic to their personal expressions of bigotry and hatred of Christians is very popular among some Democrats on the forum. Why any Christian would vote Democratic in any election for any office seems nearly suicidal.

Back
Top Bottom