• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Written by a 21 year old female from texas !!

I guess that is where you and I differ I would take almost any job to support my family.

Trust me, if I was offered a job I would have taken it. The problem is I couldn't get hired for a job because I am over qualified.

I guess that is where you and I differ I would take almost any job to support my family.

Did you actually read what soccer says? He didn't say he wouldn't take any job. He says he can't get a job because he is either overqualified for the low-paying jobs that pay a little bit of cash, and under-qualified for the jobs he actually wants. He didn't say he wouldn't take any job.

The ultimate irony about this hilariously deluded, candid little snapshot of Texan "common sense" is that if you changed no more than a dozen words to "Obama" and "Democrats", this could be a hit anti-Obama chain email; passed from nursing home to nursing home, warning about the dangers of Obama and the Democrats inventorying your household items and denying your right to vote about things that you should have a say in.

and you as a so called Conservative have a problem with what she said?

Nobody that knows me doubts my conservatism. I just know that these rants get bounced around from time to time. They're fun to read sometimes, and I might even agree with some parts of it, but, in the end, there's no way to know who actually wrote it and they tend to just throw out simplistic ideas in response to problems that are actually quite complex.

Last edited:
Did you actually read what soccer says? He didn't say he wouldn't take any job. He says he can't get a job because he is either overqualified for the low-paying jobs that pay a little bit of cash, and under-qualified for the jobs he actually wants. He didn't say he wouldn't take any job.

God, you probably know how often I would bitch about not getting hired anywhere.

A plant nearby advertised three job openings last week. Over 500 people showed up to apply.

Guess how many were hired? Three.

The economy in Washington state sucks to.

Alright maybe I made a wrong assumption.

Which state/area do you live in, and is the economy there thriving or stagnant? If thriving, then it's all good - but that doesn't mean it's good in every other place in America. If it's stagnant, then that doesn't really jibe with all the stuff you said about the classifieds you read in your paper.

Last edited:

So would I, but even when unemployed, as I now am again, McDonald's wont even think about hiring me. Believe, I have applied, but they assume that since I have an education, I won't flip burgers. Even though I would.

Nobody that knows me doubts my conservatism. I just know that these rants get bounced around from time to time and. They're fun to read sometimes, and I might even agree with some parts of it, but, in the end, there's no way to know who actually wrote it, plus they tend to just throw out simplistic ideas in response to problems that are actually quite complex.

I doubt your conservatism not because of your stances, but because of your sport teams.

Having any job is better then no job at all

To support your family? Not necessarily. If you get a minimum wage job, one that does NOT pay enough to support your family, AND which results in you losing government assistance, you are in a FAR worse position than if you just stay on government assistance until a job that DOES support you family comes along. Very basic economics, NP.

A plant nearby advertised three job openings last week. Over 500 people showed up to apply.

We had a Cookout open. I know the day I showed up the wait was an hour long.

Those other 497 are obviously lazy layabout liberals.

Having any job is better then no job at all

So because you had a good-paying job but your employer outsourced your factory to Indonesia and you lost your job, then had to go to work at McDonalds flipping burgers for a third as much money.... you'd be cool with losing your house you can't afford anymore and having to move into gov't army-type barracks with your kids? Or maybe not feeding your kids but every other day? Or doing without electricity?

It's not like it was 40 years ago NP. Things have changed. 40 years ago you could pretty much find a job that payed the bills, if you were willing to work hard... not so much now.

Sorry CC force of habit when I see a post that is categorily the opposite of mine.

Perhaps, just perhaps that means that your position either is not actually conservative or it is wrong. It does happen, sometimes.

Can't afford it without a job. Can't let the poor thing go hungry, then I would have to deal with PETA.

Alright... between you and rocket you've ruined my dog-theory. The hell with your social life.

Can't afford it without a job. Can't let the poor thing go hungry, then I would have to deal with PETA.

Who would indignatly take your dog away, and put him in their shelter... where he'd be euthanized within 24 hours.... :doh

Back
Top Bottom