• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where are you from?[W:93]

Where in the World are you from?

• USA

Votes: 57 80.3%
  • UK

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Canada, Australia, NZ

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • West Europe

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • East Europe

• Russia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • China

• India

• Middle East, West Africa, Pakistan

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Africa

• Total voters

SCitizen

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Where in the World? I came to USA from USSR in early 1980s. I visit both English language and Russian language forums.

Re: Where are you from?

I'm basically from the USA.

I think my fathers family immigrated to the US from Europe back in the 1700s or 1800s. Mothers side immigrated to Canada at a later time and then the US.

Haven't really looked into it in any detail.

But effectively my family has been in the US for several generations or so.

I am from NYC.....as in the Upper East side of Manhattan................

Where in the World? I came to USA from USSR in early 1980s. I visit both English language and Russian language forums.

I'm guessing South America and the rest of Asia other than China and India are not part of the world in your view.

I'm Irish, German, Austrian, and Russian Polish by way of Jersey City, NJ.

I'm guessing South America and the rest of Asia other than China and India are not part of the world in your view.

I apologize.

I am Jewish from originally Russia -- now from USA.

The vast majority of people here are from USA.

I apologize.

I am Jewish from originally Russia -- now from USA.

No harm was done mate, we don't have any forum members from these places as far as I know.

Born in Ontario, raised and educated in Western New York, lived & worked in Ontario, Montreal, Regina and Vancouver

Born in Ontario, raised and educated in Western New York, lived & worked in Ontario, Montreal, Regina and Vancouver

Wow, I've never been to Canada, but I hear it is really beautiful in many places. A former boss I had at a non-profit told me he and his partner went on their honeymoon to Montreal and Quebec City. He said those two places were just wonderful, and I was wondering if those cities were a lot like Europe? It sounded that way when he described them to me.

Born in the Washington DC region so I'm from the capitol area of the US, now live in the southeast US.

Being the 7nth son of a son of a gun, I have the rare ability to tell where a person is from, with answers to3 easy questions.
What time of day is it, in your present location..
Favorite color.
Favorite food.

Wow, I've never been to Canada, but I hear it is really beautiful in many places. A former boss I had at a non-profit told me he and his partner went on their honeymoon to Montreal and Quebec City. He said those two places were just wonderful, and I was wondering if those cities were a lot like Europe? It sounded that way when he described them to me.

The older sections are. Both are beautiful cities.

Odd that you ask since both cities are considered to be the epitome of Europe in America. Quebec City architecture dates back to the 16th century. In both there is a very 'metropolitaine' attitude, the world, now out of date was 'cosmopolitan'. Both cities [and much of Canada for that matter, can annoy certain Americans because of the 'laid back' attitude. We have what we call priority police here, which some people see as not enforcing laws at all.

If you ever get to Quebec City, a visit to Le Citadel is a must, where Canadian/British forces repelled an American invasion, twice.

Bring mittens

Odd that you ask since both cities are considered to be the epitome of Europe in America. Quebec City architecture dates back to the 16th century. In both there is a very 'metropolitaine' attitude, the world, now out of date was 'cosmopolitan'. Both cities [and much of Canada for that matter, can annoy certain Americans because of the 'laid back' attitude. We have what we call priority police here, which some people see as not enforcing laws at all.

If you ever get to Quebec City, a visit to Le Citadel is a must, where Canadian/British forces repelled an American invasion, twice.

Bring mittens

Thank you! I have to go, it sounds so beautiful and exciting. The guy who told me about it said he felt like he was in Europe, and that was right after I had been over there for a long time, so it stuck in my mind like that. It would also be nice to be somewhere with relaxed police too.

Thank you! I have to go, it sounds so beautiful and exciting. The guy who told me about it said he felt like he was in Europe, and that was right after I had been over there for a long time, so it stuck in my mind like that. It would also be nice to be somewhere with relaxed police too.

Yeah a lot of brick and cobble stone streets, every language in the world as long as its French [kidding] and the same "Mediteranian" mentality, in driving, dining male/female relations etc.

Yeah a lot of brick and cobble stone streets, every language in the world as long as its French [kidding] and the same "Mediteranian" mentality, in driving, dining male/female relations etc.

That is very exciting! I love the Mediterranean, and those are my people. Way back in the old country, though. Not here. Here we are just plain, ordinary Americans. Nothing special or exotic about us.

Surrey boy, born 'n raised. I was growing up in Whalley while it was earning it's reputation.
Only took about a year on Texada Island to clean the greaser right out of me, though.

That is very exciting! I love the Mediterranean, and those are my people. Way back in the old country, though. Not here. Here we are just plain, ordinary Americans. Nothing special or exotic about us.

That is actually how most Europeans and Asians see, little to distinguish one from another. I have a friend I have known since the 70's from Germany who has worked in the travel industry all his life. He has some of the most amazing insights about nationalities, his great comment about Canadians is "very polite, yes, remember they excel at hockey." But, you are right..."ordinary"

I you really want insight into how Americans are viewed, go to Poland or Hungary and sit with people who have been all over

Back
Top Bottom