• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is Alt-Right?

Trump is far from an alt right. Most of his lifelong political views have been fairly liberal. Now Ted Cruz is right or alt right, Trump is far to the left of him or perhaps as far left as George Pataki. Santorum is to the right of Trump, Huckabee, Carson, Graham and many more. Trump is an opportunist who utilized his "I will build a Wall," routine along with some nasty political incorrectness, calling people names and a fighting spirit to win the GOP nomination.

Exactly. Trump isn't right, alt-right, uber-right or super-duper-right. He is an opportunist. He is a lifelong left-leaning guy who saw an opportunity to acquire power by parroting some right wing phrases that he didn't and still doesn't fully understand or care to learn about.

Gamergate is alt right now? :lol:

I guess that will come as a surprise to the liberals within it.

The gamergate crew are decidedly illiberal.

" ...One account of their rise to political significance cites the 2014 Gamergate controversy. This vicious internet culture war took place between those who were pressing for a more inclusive video gaming culture (more women, less violence) and those who reacted against what they saw as a humourless leftwing threat to their enjoyment of guns and boobs. These burgeoning alt right gamers have little in common with traditional Republican conservatives and their evangelical Christian values. They don’t go to church. Indeed, many are aggressively atheistic.
Rather, they come together on blogs and online community forums like 4chan where they fulminate against social justice warriors – SJWs – who want to spoil their fun. They hate the liberal apparatus of the state, including the mainstream press and Ivy League academia that they collectively dub as The Cathedral. And they hate normies – normal people – and their repressive political philosophy, democracy. Instead of democracy, they propose that the US should be run like a large company with a CEO at its head, preferably one from Silicon Valley. Someone like PayPal founder Peter Thiel, whose views include : “I no longer believe that freedom and democracy are compatible.” But Trump will do for now. Oh, and only intelligent people should be in charge, and that means white people...."

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...t-is-old-racism-for-the-tech-savvy-generation

What is Alt-Right? I consume a lot of media (TV & Internet) and I don't remember hearing that term prior to 8-24-16. I have done some looking since and it sounds like the latest Left Wing Propaganda to slander Right leaning Libertarians.

Someone please educate me.

Basically their the really fringe right wing. The guys who associate with the Neo-Nazis, white supremacists, anti Semites, particularly nasty nativists and the like. They've been mentioned as far back as 2008, but it's largely a internet based movement so it's not exactly disciplined.

That said 4chan was alt right. :slapme: 4chan are largely trolls not right or left.
There are parts of 4chan as well as reddit that both qualify and also believe themselves to be alt-right. A small minority of the users, but they exist.

In case no one linked it already:

Alt-right - RationalWiki

The alt-right is a term for young far-right Internet-dwellers. They are somewhere between the neoreactionary movement and straight-up neo-Nazis. They are also heavily behind Donald Trump. The term originated with the white nationalist magazine/blog Alternative Right, nicknamed "AltRight".

The alt-right wholeheartedly embrace the overt racism, misogyny, neo-Nazi affectations, bullying and trolling of chan culture as a lifestyle. You'll find them on /pol/, My Posting Career or The Right Stuff; they make up a sizable fraction of the more radical and uncouth sections of Gamergate. They're also the ones who popularized "cuckservative" as a term of abuse for those on the right who are deemed not racist enough.

Whether they are primarily neoreactionaries who are into white nationalism or white nationalists dressing their ideas up with neoreactionary jargon is probably a distinction without a difference.

There are parts of 4chan as well as reddit that both qualify and also believe themselves to be alt-right. A small minority of the users, but they exist.

Sure, just as there are parts of anything large, that have smaller more extreme parts.
Do you realize that reddit is huge, with hundreds, if not thousands of subforums and 4chan is anonymous.

There is no conspiracy. People are openly trying to defeat the Clintons now.

But, yes there are many that are proven fact.

33 Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True, What Every Person Should Know... » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Looks like we have an InfoWars addict on DP...and judging from some of the insanity - and not a little racism - I've seen from quite a few of the conservatives, I'd be willing to bet that WCH isn't the only one.

Yes, InfoWars, the same fine people who brought you "Jade Helm 15 is Obama's plan to declare martial law in Texas!" and "Obama's using Ebola to oppress fundamentalist Christians!" and this particular chicken-little doozy:

Congress approved the secret stockpiling of guillotines in 2013. Another, which is a bit more complex, says the Obama administration acquired the guillotines “for governmental purposes” through a series of executive orders. Infowars.com contributor Jim Garrow has been peddling a hybrid version of this story, conflating Obamacare, FEMA, birtherism, and Sharia law to paint a genocidal, New World Order dystopia.

In case no one linked it already:

Alt-right - RationalWiki

The alt-right is a term for young far-right Internet-dwellers. They are somewhere between the neoreactionary movement and straight-up neo-Nazis. They are also heavily behind Donald Trump. The term originated with the white nationalist magazine/blog Alternative Right, nicknamed "AltRight".

The alt-right wholeheartedly embrace the overt racism, misogyny, neo-Nazi affectations, bullying and trolling of chan culture as a lifestyle. You'll find them on /pol/, My Posting Career or The Right Stuff; they make up a sizable fraction of the more radical and uncouth sections of Gamergate. They're also the ones who popularized "cuckservative" as a term of abuse for those on the right who are deemed not racist enough.

Whether they are primarily neoreactionaries who are into white nationalism or white nationalists dressing their ideas up with neoreactionary jargon is probably a distinction without a difference.

So they are just neo-Nazis? Why the name change then?

Looks like we have an InfoWars addict on DP...and judging from some of the insanity - and not a little racism - I've seen from quite a few of the conservatives, I'd be willing to bet that WCH isn't the only one.

Yes, InfoWars, the same fine people who brought you "Jade Helm 15 is Obama's plan to declare martial law in Texas!" and "Obama's using Ebola to oppress fundamentalist Christians!" and this particular chicken-little doozy:

Congress approved the secret stockpiling of guillotines in 2013. Another, which is a bit more complex, says the Obama administration acquired the guillotines “for governmental purposes” through a series of executive orders. Infowars.com contributor Jim Garrow has been peddling a hybrid version of this story, conflating Obamacare, FEMA, birtherism, and Sharia law to paint a genocidal, New World Order dystopia.

I remember when the sooper seekrit Jade Helm forces took over my town...and they ripped up the constitution! DERP!

What is Alt-Right? I consume a lot of media (TV & Internet) and I don't remember hearing that term prior to 8-24-16. I have done some looking since and it sounds like the latest Left Wing Propaganda to slander Right leaning Libertarians.

Someone please educate me.

It's another phoney boogey man conjured up by the Libbos. Kinda like the, "religious right".

White nationalists who aren't necessarily neo nazis and neo nazis.

Ok. Sorry I have no idea what any of these GG or 4chan stuff is. Are we talking about a significant number of people here? I mean there aren't that many neo Nazis in this country and there has to be even fewer alt-righters. Are we talking single digits?

It just a list. Don't get your feathers in a wad.

Ok. Sorry I have no idea what any of these GG or 4chan stuff is. Are we talking about a significant number of people here? I mean there aren't that many neo Nazis in this country and there has to be even fewer alt-righters. Are we talking single digits?

No it's a minor amount of people, amplified by **** posting trolls(think of a poe, someone who does stuff to rustle up someones jimmies).
In sense, it is a boogie man, because the rather smallness of the actual members of the group.

Because a lot of people and news outlets are completely ignorant of the various internet subcultures, they assume a lot of about these groups.

Sure, just as there are parts of anything large, that have smaller more extreme parts.
Do you realize that reddit is huge, with hundreds, if not thousands of subforums and 4chan is anonymous.

Yes. I'm well aware of internet culture. Heck, I'm a reddit mod myself. What I'm talking about is the subs or boards like /r/european.

No, not a significant amount of people. Just people that are getting some sunshine because Trump's campaign is giving them attention.

Back
Top Bottom