• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We're Screwed[W:62]

i don't think giving up is the solution.

I didn't really suggest 'giving up', just until we accept what's wrong, we can't see how to fix it. I think the political leaders like division and sides, because people can't unite enough on the common problem, which is the leaders love of the current policies that keep them in place.

Probably true. But I believe we can all play a role in things evolving to a better place.

They want to keep us fighting over knee jerk emotional issues that have little to do with the main problems, which is always allocation of money.

How so? I don't even know the party the guy is in and didn't mention his party in the OP?
:liar

The article you linked to clearly identifies him as a Republican.

Look, nobody will believe that you didn't know he was a Republican. You are simply insulting the intelligence of the forum by telling that disingenuous lame assed whopper.

They want to keep us fighting over knee jerk emotional issues that have little to do with the main problems, which is always allocation of money.

I couldn't agree more. Therefore, the best thing you can do is not allow yourself to be manipulated and promote compromise between the parties. Right? Even if you promote compromise here by actually hearing what is at the heart of the arguement for someone who opposes you.

Last edited:
:liar

The article you linked to clearly identifies him as a Republican.

Look, nobody will believe that you didn't know he was a Republican. You are simply insulting the intelligence of the forum by telling that disingenuous lame assed whopper.

Or maybe you're displaying your cynicism.

No problem will ever be solved by giving up.

Including the huge problem that exists in Washington, D.C.

Maybe not this one, but I have found that one trick is to make sure that if someone comes into your office with a monkey on his shoulder it helps, if you make sure the monkey is still there, when the guy goes out the door.

Meet The Congressman Who Assumed Two Senior U.S. Officials Were Foreigners | ThinkProgress

What a tard. Seriously, how tired are you of seeing idiots like this in positions of power. How do people like this get elected?! This is not about whether or not you agree with their positions on various issues or whether or not you deem them ridiculous, this is about being so clueless (not to mention smug and arrogant. That smirk made me want to punch this guy in the head) that you say something this patently stupid.
And this warrants a thread in the non-political forum when it is clearly political? ThinkProgress is a liberal political blog that "provides a forum that advances progressive ideas and policies". I did a search on Google and Bing and the only one making a big f-ing deal out of Clawson's comments is ThinkProgress. He's a Republican..... Go figure.

i think the people who doubt my intentions despite the content of my comments in the OP reveal something more about themselves than me.

I couldn't agree more. Therefore, the best thing you can do is not allow yourself to be manipulated and promote compromise between the parties. Right? Even if you promote compromise my here by actually hearing what is at the heart the position for someone who opposes you.

We can either fight it out till the system collapses, or try and demand some happy middle ground for temporal solutions. The whole thing won't be fixed by a continued and unresolved conflict between ideologies that becomes more and more intensely divided. The only ideology should be how do we arrive at solutions that are fair and equitable as possible for the continuity of our existence.

I think maybe you're the one over-reacting....alot. Go do a shot or whatever it is you do and take another look.
Says the gal that posted OHMIGAWD were screwed over a small mistake that he gracefully corrected. Progressive hack website pulls string and "Yessssssss...YESSSSSSSSS...dance...dance! Goooooood! Mwu ha ha ha ha!"

Says the gal that posted OHMIGAWD were screwed over a small mistake that he gracefully corrected. Progressive hack website pulls string and "Yessssssss...YESSSSSSSSS...dance...dance! Goooooood! Mwu ha ha ha ha!"

Vm, I believe you're missing her point that the smug face of this politician is a typical and representative expression of the disdain and flippancy, that ALL our political leaders really have for the common populaces problems with their leadership.

It's infuriating to see someone from either party act like nothing really matters very much, since they're so elevated and special.

I'm not going to let you turn this into a partisan street fight. Nice try though.

Funny how you didn't make that comment when the more liberal members started bashing the right.

How so? I don't even know the party the guy is in and didn't mention his party in the OP?

That's why you agreed with this you ****ing liar.

They say the right-wing fear of outsiders is not a phobia, yet they show all the signs. Such as: seeing their fear everywhere.

Good grief, I don't even care if you are a shill, just stop acting all innocent. You had me fooled for a bit. Be a hack but be an honest one at least.

That's why you agreed with this you ****ing liar.

Good grief, I don't even care if you are a shill, just stop acting all innocent. You had me fooled for a bit. Be a hack but be an honest one at least.

Wow X that actually hurt my feelings. You disappoint me.

Meet The Congressman Who Assumed Two Senior U.S. Officials Were Foreigners | ThinkProgress

What a tard. Seriously, how tired are you of seeing idiots like this in positions of power. How do people like this get elected?! This is not about whether or not you agree with their positions on various issues or whether or not you deem them ridiculous, this is about being so clueless (not to mention smug and arrogant. That smirk made me want to punch this guy in the head) that you say something this patently stupid.

Please don't remind me. That retard is MY representative. He replaced the coke addict who resigned. You have to hand it to those Tea baggers, they don't leave anything to chance. If they need examples of why Govt. is bad they need only look as far as their own people. Self fulfilling their own prophecy, what a concept!

Please don't remind me. That retard is MY representative. He replaced the coke addict who resigned. You have to hand it to those Tea baggers, they don't leave anything to chance. If they need examples of why Govt. is bad they need only look as far as their own people. Self fulfilling their own prophecy, what a concept!

While I disagree with the Republican parties position on the majority of issues I happen to believe there are an equal number of idiots on both sides. But you do have my sympathies

Last edited:
Wow X that actually hurt my feelings. You disappoint me.

Believe me, I was disappointed too. For all your innocent "but you misjudge me" routine, I notice you were fine with those bashing the right, even being in complete agreement, but then accused us on the right of being partisan? :roll:

While I disagree with the Republican parties position on the majority of issues I happen to believe there are an equal number of idiots on both sides.

Too little, too late. You showed your hand.

Believe me, I was disappointed too. For all your innocent "but you misjudge me" routine, I notice you were fine with those bashing the right, even being in complete agreement, but then accused us on the right of being partisan? :roll:

I only saw one person that made a single comment about the right. Just one. Yet several attacking me for something I didn't do. I suggest you review the thread.

You and her will get along great, she just has to make a show of admonishing you now. Expect a high five later.

I only saw one person that made a single comment about the right. Just one. Yet several attacking me for something I didn't do. I suggest you review the thread.

A comment you agreed with. Vance was the first to be like, "whoa" and that was after the comment you agreed with, yet it was Mack you took issue with.

A comment you agreed with. Vance was the first to be like, "whoa" and that was after the comment you agreed with, yet it was Mack you took issue with.

So you agree that there was only one comment instead of the multiple comments you implied in your original comment. Thanks, admission checked and noted.

BTW I agreed with her that Republicans seem to often be motivated by fear, which is really a little off topic, not that they had a corner on the idiot market.

SURE. THAT wasnt your intent at all. :lamo

So...do tell...what part of MY comment implied partisanship? You might want to check your own conscience.

And seriously...with all the complete and total braindead people in congress THAT little faux pas twisted your panties? THAT makes you think we are 'screwed'? Lord...I hope you never get exposed to the stunning commentary of some of the real congressional jagoffs.

Gosh, no ****. Not only does she think we're all phobic toward outsiders (racist, let's just say it), she apparently thinks we're idiots.

Go to bed X, I think you might be drunk

Back
Top Bottom