• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We're Screwed[W:62]

opendebate

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Meet The Congressman Who Assumed Two Senior U.S. Officials Were Foreigners | ThinkProgress

What a tard. Seriously, how tired are you of seeing idiots like this in positions of power. How do people like this get elected?! This is not about whether or not you agree with their positions on various issues or whether or not you deem them ridiculous, this is about being so clueless (not to mention smug and arrogant. That smirk made me want to punch this guy in the head) that you say something this patently stupid.

Last edited:
He "punked" himself. lol

That was very funny. It's too bad the woman didn't let him in on the joke so we could see that stupid smirk wiped off his face.

Meet The Congressman Who Assumed Two Senior U.S. Officials Were Foreigners | ThinkProgress

What a tard. Seriously, how tired are you of see idiots like this in positions of power. How do people like this get elected?! This is not about whether or not you agree with there positions on various issues or whether or not you deem them ridiculous, this is about being so clueless (not to mention smug and arrogant. That smirk made me want to punch this guy in the head) that you say something this patently stupid.

They say the right-wing fear of outsiders is not a phobia, yet they show all the signs. Such as: seeing their fear everywhere.

What a tard. Seriously, how tired are you of seeing idiots like this in positions of power. How do people like this get elected?! This is not about whether or not you agree with there positions on various issues or whether or not you deem them ridiculous, this is about being so clueless (not to mention smug and arrogant. That smirk made me want to punch this guy in the head) that you say something this patently stupid.

the sad thing is that he was recently elected in a special election to replace a congressman caught using cocaine.

What a tard. Seriously, how tired are you of seeing idiots like this in positions of power. How do people like this get elected?! This is not about whether or not you agree with their positions on various issues or whether or not you deem them ridiculous, this is about being so clueless (not to mention smug and arrogant. That smirk made me want to punch this guy in the head) that you say something this patently stupid.

Unfortunately, many politicians are actors, who don't really care about the issues as much as using them to get elected or for contributions.

Many of them are not even very sharp about what's really happening anymore, they're just arrogant, ego maniacs who want to be in the DC Club.

the sad thing is that he was recently elected in a special election to replace a congressman caught using cocaine.

Using cocaine does not necessarily make you an idiot. Getting caught might, but using in and of itself not necessarily. They may have been better off sticking with door number 1

Last edited:

It was sure a goof, but dont you think you are overplaying it just a tad? Dood has been in congress for exactly one month and was at a meeting of the House Foreign Affairs subcommittee hearing on U.S.-India relations and the 2 people testifying were of Indian descent. It was a mistake, he owned it, and he apologized for it. How about that...he didnt blame it on someone else, didnt claim he was given bad intel, didnt blame it on a speech writer or flawed teleprompter operator. Just...damn...my bad. He made a conciliatory and respectful comment, and from that...you think we are screwed? Hell...I can t IMAGINE what your head does when certain other politicians get to rolling.

That was kind of funny.

I guess he'll pay a little better attention next time!:lol:

Unfortunately, many politicians are actors, who don't really care about the issues as much as using them to get elected or for contributions.

Many of them are not even very sharp about what's really happening anymore, they're just arrogant, ego maniacs who want to be in the DC Club.

another unfortunate by-product of our beauty over substance culture?

It was sure a goof, but dont you think you are overplaying it just a tad? Dood has been in congress for exactly one month and was at a meeting of the House Foreign Affairs subcommittee hearing on U.S.-India relations and the 2 people testifying were of Indian descent. It was a mistake, he owned it, and he apologized for it. How about that...he didnt blame it on someone else, didnt claim he was given bad intel, didnt blame it on a speech writer or flawed teleprompter operator. Just...damn...my bad. He made a conciliatory and respectful comment, and from that...you think we are screwed? Hell...I can t IMAGINE what your head does when certain other politicians get to rolling.

I'm not going to let you turn this into a partisan street fight. Nice try though.

I thought it started as a partisan street fight:confused:

How so? I don't even know the party the guy is in and didn't mention his party in the OP?

How so? I don't even know the party the guy is in and didn't mention his party in the OP?

Well, I can see how that might be. After all, Think Progress does have a habit of posting unflattering stuff about Democrats....right?

Well, I can see how that might be. After all, Think Progress does have a habit of posting unflattering stuff about Democrats....right?

The source is irrelevant. I searched and found the exact same story from multiple sources. You're allowed your cynicism, I get it. It just isn't due in this instance.

I'm not going to let you turn this into a partisan street fight. Nice try though.
SURE. THAT wasnt your intent at all. :lamo

So...do tell...what part of MY comment implied partisanship? You might want to check your own conscience.

And seriously...with all the complete and total braindead people in congress THAT little faux pas twisted your panties? THAT makes you think we are 'screwed'? Lord...I hope you never get exposed to the stunning commentary of some of the real congressional jagoffs.

SURE. THAT wasnt your intent at all. :lamo

So...do tell...what part of MY comment implied partisanship? You might want to check your own conscience.

And seriously...with all the complete and total braindead people in congress THAT little faux pas twisted your panties? THAT makes you think we are 'screwed'? Lord...I hope you never get exposed to the stunning commentary of some of the real congressional jagoffs.

First of all, it's difficult (in fact almost impossible) to twist a thong. Secondly, there are a long list of faux pas that catch my eye while failing to twist my panties. This is just a little peek at a long list.

another unfortunate by-product of our beauty over substance culture?

Most of the people who run for office anymore aren't so naive as to think they'll really change anything or have a big impact. The system is so entrenched in spending, bad habits and bureaucracy that we're sort of stuck with it for now.

Most of the people who run for office anymore aren't so naive as to think they'll really change anything or have a big impact. The system is so entrenched in spending, bad habits and bureaucracy that we're sort of stuck with it for now.

i don't think giving up is the solution.

First of all, it's difficult (in fact almost impossible) to twist a thong. Secondly, there are a long list of faux pas that catch my eye while failing to twist my panties. This is just a little peek at a long list.
Yet...THAT comment has you that spun up? THAT comment has you thinking ZOMIGAWDWERESCREWWWWED!? Really?

Like I said...I think maybe you overplayed it. Just a bit? Maybe?

Probably true. But I believe we can all play a role in things evolving to a better place.

Yet...THAT comment has you that spun up? THAT comment has you thinking ZOMIGAWDWERESCREWWWWED!? Really?

Like I said...I think maybe you overplayed it. Just a bit? Maybe?

I think maybe you're the one over-reacting....alot. Go do a shot or whatever it is you do and take another look.

Back
Top Bottom