• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Video Shows Texas School Officer Body-Slamming 12-Year-Old Girl

Right. Because a little 12 year-old girl being disruptive is like a bank robber that robs a bank and gets in a shoot out with police. :lol:

The bank robber used to be a twelve year old. That's my main point. We aren't teaching these kids not to be thugs, we are teaching them to be thugs and to stand up for their rights as thugs. This girl has no chance in society if we let her believe it is all right to assault the police at 12 years old. Instead, we teach her to stand up for her rights as a criminal. That's the way she is going to grow up.

Asshole cop fired = Great!

Little brat hopefully learned fighting leads to problems

If they want to live a life of crime and resist the police then they shouldn't be too surprised at whatever transpires.

Wow! If you run from the police, we shouldn't be surprised if they shoot you in the head. Yes, you make perfect sense!

Live a life of crime, lol. Everyone adult is guilty of some crime at some point in their life. A little realism would help your argument.

The bank robber used to be a twelve year old. That's my main point.

Your point is that an adult who turned criminal used to be a kid? Seriously?

we are teaching them to be thugs and to stand up for their rights as thugs.

Who exactly is doing this teaching?

This girl has no chance in society if we let her believe it is all right to assault the police at 12 years old. Instead, we teach her to stand up for her rights as a criminal. That's the way she is going to grow up.

Is society suggesting that we let her believe that it is all right to assault the police?

Wow! If you run from the police, we shouldn't be surprised if they shoot you in the head. Yes, you make perfect sense!

Live a life of crime, lol. Everyone adult is guilty of some crime at some point in their life. A little realism would help your argument.

Seriously... I am a career criminal. Speeding. Gonna live my life of crime til the day that I die...

his is the lefty society we live in now. Let the criminals be criminals, let them be whatever kind of thugs they want to be, let them abuse the police, and make sure the police treat these poor little crooks with kid gloves, even if the thugs resist arrest.

What world do you live in? Who is saying "let criminals be criminals" for ****s sake?

Sure they are. That's their job. Somebody shoots at them with a gun and they shoot back. If the other person gets shot and killed then it is their tough luck. Ditto every other weapon of choice, including kicking legs.

No, that's NOT their job, an eye for an eye hasn't been acceptable at any time in our history.

Seriously... I am a career criminal. Speeding. Gonna live my life of crime til the day that I die...
You shouldn't be surprised if they shoot a .50 cal at your engine block to stop your crime, miss, and kill your kids. Nope, nothing to see here folks, move along sheep. !?

You shouldn't be surprised if they shoot a .50 cal at your engine block to stop your crime, miss, and kill your kids. Nope, nothing to see here folks, move along sheep. !?

Well, the way that I raise my kids it appears that I am raising them to think that it is OK to attack the police...

I'm sure you won't believe this but I absolutely would feel the same if it were my daughter. Totally and absolutely. No question about it. Hopefully my daughter will be raised well enough to not even be in this situation in the first place and not disrespecting police officers by kicking them and treating the police like they are non human beings. If my daughter goes down the wrong path and I can't fix her myself then I would hope she would learn her lesson by being thrown to the ground. I would not be reinforcing her bad behavior by encouraging her to file a complaint of excessive use of force by the police. That's what's wrong with parents and society. We are more interested in her letting her be like she is and file complaints against the police than straightening out her behavior in the first place. In almost all cases of excessive force used by police we are dealing with real criminals, not innocents. If you don't get yourself in a situation where the police have to do something with you because of YOUR behavior then excessive use of force will not be an issue.

Interesting that you seem proud of this.

As you wish.

We don't know that. What happened before the camera cut on?

Why does that matter? We can see that when they make contact, she has no weapon and it sure doesnt seem to be any within reach.

It does not matter what she did before that....he wouldnt know and he doesnt act on 'what she did' if she is not a physical threat to anyone else *at that time*. He is perfectly capable, as we saw, of physically restraining her *if he has to.*

Interesting that you seem proud of this.

As you wish.

I am proud of this. If my daughter grows up to be a thug I don't want her going down in history as standing up for criminal rights. Thugs should be treated like thugs. Criminals should be treated like criminals. Michael Brown wouldn't be dead now if he wasn't a thug on drugs. That was the path that he chose. That's the lesson that needs to come out of this, not a movement that stands up for criminal's rights. What happened to all the rights of the honest law abiding citizens that Michael Brown victimized? What happened to Darren Wilson's rights of not being accosted by someone twice his size, trying to wrestle the officer's gun away from him? What would have happened if Michael Brown actually had wrestled the gun away from Darren Wilson? Would Darren Wilson be dead? Nobody is willing to admit that Michael Brown was just a criminal thug and we should use his death to focus on stopping kids from going down this path, not accepting their criminal behavior and trying to cry foul when things go wrong. Through all this stuff we are actually encouraging criminals to remain criminals and standing up for their criminal rights instead of encouraging them to mend their criminal ways.

I have a hard time with letting criminals be criminals. This is the lefty society we live in now. Let the criminals be criminals, let them be whatever kind of thugs they want to be, let them abuse the police, and make sure the police treat these poor little crooks with kid gloves, even if the thugs resist arrest. Reminds me of a legal case I heard of a long time ago. Criminal goes into a bank with a gun to rob it and does. Off duty cop in street clothes in the bank pursues the crook, shots are exchanged, and the robber dies. Family sues the police saying all their relative wanted to do was rob the bank and didn't deserve to die just for robbing a bank. Case was ultimately dropped.

They aren't criminals until they're convicted. Until then they're citizens interacting with the police and the police have no right -legally or otherwise - to exact revenge because they don't like the person or the person pissed them off.

They aren't criminals until they're convicted. Until then they're citizens interacting with the police and the police have no right -legally or otherwise - to exact revenge because they don't like the person or the person pissed them off.

So you're saying that if they are trying to resist arrest and fighting with the police officer or pointing a gun at them the police can't do anything because the person hasn't been convicted of a crime yet, including resisting arrest.

So you're saying that if they are trying to resist arrest and fighting with the police officer or pointing a gun at them the police can't do anything because the person hasn't been convicted of a crime yet, including resisting arrest.

exactly what they are saying. Can't take them down or handcuff them, because someone might release a video only illustrating the cop's actions and not the entire sequence of events.

Not at all. Of course people resisting and fighting with police need to be dealt with. I'm taking exception to your calling people who have been arrested criminals. An arrest is not a conviction. As well the police are supposed to use the force necessary for the situation. The police do not have carte Blanche to use whatever force they want. Body slamming that kid was a huge overreaction and smelled like the cop was piers that she did immediately respect his authority. A-holes like that shouldn't have guns or be in a position to ruin people's lives.

Last edited:
exactly what they are saying. Can't take them down or handcuff them, because someone might release a video only illustrating the cop's actions and not the entire sequence of events.

Sorry but police have been entrusted with the power to kill or ruin people's lives in the name of the state. That level of authority should come with strict oversight and cops should be held to the highest standards possible but until very recently that has not been case. It's about time it's changed.

Dumb kid assaults cop, gets thrown to ground. Good on cop for not tasering.

Why does that matter? We can see that when they make contact, she has no weapon and it sure doesnt seem to be any within reach.

It does not matter what she did before that....he wouldnt know and he doesnt act on 'what she did' if she is not a physical threat to anyone else *at that time*. He is perfectly capable, as we saw, of physically restraining her *if he has to.*
He did restrain her. You just didn't like the method.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Not at all. Of course people resisting and fighting with police need to be dealt with. I'm taking exception to your calling people who have been arrested criminals. An arrest is not a conviction. As well the police are supposed to use the force necessary for the situation. The police do not have carte Blanche to use whatever force they want. Body slamming that kid was a huge overreaction and smelled like the cop was piers that she did immediately respect his authority. A-holes like that shouldn't have guns or be in a position to ruin people's lives.

Maybe not in this case, but many people that are arrested ARE criminals because they have been arrested before, found guilty, and are back out on the streets. It's all about being on a timeline. If you don't go down the timeline of getting in trouble with the law then you don't have to worry about the police using excessive force on you. That's my point. Don't go down that road in the first place. If you do then you shouldn't be shocked if something goes wrong.

Once someone is restrained, the "entire sequence of events" is irrelevant.

The fact that a restrained person might have done something bad previously doesn't mean the cops get to beat them up for revenge, which is effectively what you're advocating.

If you don't go down the timeline of getting in trouble with the law then you don't have to worry about the police using excessive force on you. That's my point. Don't go down that road in the first place. If you do then you shouldn't be shocked if something goes wrong.

Some us in the alleged "land of the free, home of the brave" do not think that agents of the government are here to mete out physical revenge for someone's past misdeeds.

That's something that belongs in places like Russia.

Asshole cop fired = Great!

Little brat hopefully learned fighting leads to problems

They're still conducting the investigation. That shows that they still don't know exactly what happened. Since they still don't know what exactly happened beyond a 2 second spot on a 33 second video one can only conclude, if one is honest, that this firing was politically motivated...more than likely to try and help prevent a lawsuit.

Once someone is restrained, the "entire sequence of events" is irrelevant.

The fact that a restrained person might have done something bad previously doesn't mean the cops get to beat them up for revenge, which is effectively what you're advocating.

She was reportedly kicking the cop... She was only restrained after the cop took her down and handcuffed her. It's not revenge. It's a take down maneuver. The grab and take down was one maneuver.. Or so I suspect based on what we know and the editing of the video by the mom or the blogger to start at a selected spot.

They're still conducting the investigation. That shows that they still don't know exactly what happened. Since they still don't know what exactly happened beyond a 2 second spot on a 33 second video one can only conclude, if one is honest, that this firing was politically motivated...more than likely to try and help prevent a lawsuit.

Which, to me, is not acceptable. It does not bolster morale for those who are serving. They now know they will just be fired if they deal with a suspect who is going to squall over being taken down after resisting arrest. All for politics.

They should at least state they have results before firing.

Back
Top Bottom