• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US jets intercepted Russian bombers off the California and Alaska coasts on July 4

Re: US jets intercepted Russian bombers off the California and Alaska coasts on July

Complicate political alliances, inept politicians confused about their position, military leaders confused about how war is going to proceed into the future, new technology streaming out more rapidly than tactics can develop, increased unrest in areas where larger nations have an interest in local issues.

I'm not saying that we are getting into another world war. But I'm also not saying that it isn't a possibility. War doesn't have to be conducted openly. Espionage, black operations, cyberwar, and economic warfare are the newest weapons.

I agree about this mostly, but the issue was about an open all out world war 3.

Re: US jets intercepted Russian bombers off the California and Alaska coasts on July

So the position is: Russia may have done that to exchange some military type language, this is not a prequel to WW3.

What Putin does is called provocation, when he provokes and the U.S. is dumb enough to throw the first punch, guess who will be labeled as the Fire Starter?

O gee, I am surrounded by stupidity

What Putin does is called provocation, when he provokes and the U.S. is dumb enough to throw the first punch, guess who will be labeled as the Fire Starter?

O gee, I am surrounded by stupidity

Are you aware of how often Russian planes intercept US aircraft flying provocatively close to their coasts and borders. Everyone's lost track of who threw the first punch. But to have gullible Americans support, of course Russia will be presented as the aggressor, it works every time, and then even after people learn that they were duped, Iraq, they climb back aboard for the next duping, Libya, Iran.

Are you aware of how often Russian planes intercept US aircraft flying provocatively close to their coasts and borders. Everyone's lost track of who threw the first punch. But to have gullible Americans support, of course Russia will be presented as the aggressor, it works every time, and then even after people learn that they were duped, Iraq, they climb back aboard for the next duping, Libya, Iran.

But Russia is the aggressor. Just that these provocations do not lead to WW3.

I do not think that a first strike would normally be in any rules's interest, unless he thinks he can win. Any competent military, however, plans attack and quick response. And in some cases intelligence might tell the leader that all is too late and first strike quick is the only way to prevent losing. This could be in a situation of war between an ally and an aggressor or between an enemy and a neighbor etc. Where you might find another problem is in the sale of wmd to non formal groups. This has happened and could again. The material could be released in say NYC or Shanghai and a million or more could die. That could annoy any ruler to the point of attack, depending on the circumstances.

None of the above seems to be happening here though.

None of the above seems to be happening here though.

In various form all of the above are have happened or are happening.

In various form all of the above are have happened or are happening.

Then who is selling WMD's to which country?

But Russia is the aggressor. Just that these provocations do not lead to WW3.

Yeah, I know your thoughts on this, pity.

Yeah, I know your thoughts on this, pity.

There's history to support such thoughts.

I pity that that is how it went and is still going on also.

There's history to support such thoughts.

I pity that that is how it went and is still going on also.

Yes, there's history of MANY nations behaving aggressively, including Russia, just NOT in this example. ;)

Back
Top Bottom