• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump to meet in Mexico with the country’s president

I think at his age and being worth billions you don't get into politics for the money. He is rich and powerful. He normally would be the one paying millions to hear Hillary talk or more likely bribing her for favorable political favors. It is also quite clear that even the party puppets of the republican party are against him. Most likely because they cannot buy him. Making him the most likely candidate of the people.

I don't think he's worth nearly as much now as he's claimed nor as much as his followers seem to believe. There is actually quite a lot of controversy surrounding almost every report of his wealth. Mark Cuban, Michael Bloomberg, the Koch Brothers, Warren Buffett, and several other more reputable billionaires who are much wealthier than Trump have all made the claim that he's not worth nearly as much as he's reported and that he's not half the successful businessman that he claims. Cuban and Bloomberg call him a "showman" and a "promoter" who actually has no experience running a business at the ground level.

So I guess now you're gonna say that they're attacking Trump because they are jealous of him, right?..........even though each of them could literally buy Trump 10 or 20 times over. I cant wait to hear your reason for why these wealthy, and highly successful businessmen are so critical of Trump.

Pena: "I won't pay for the wall."

Trump: "Fine. We'll talk about it later."

In the news...

Pena says he told Trump he won't pay for the wall.

Trump says they didn't talk about paying for the wall.

My take: Both men told the truth.
In what world? If one talked about it, and they were having a conversation, then they talked about it.

In what world? If one talked about it, and they were having a conversation, then they talked about it.

They did talk about it. The Mexican president said no and Donald said okay. So much for convincing them to pay for the wall, eh?

I don't think he's worth nearly as much now as he's claimed nor as much as his followers seem to believe. There is actually quite a lot of controversy surrounding almost every report of his wealth. Mark Cuban, Michael Bloomberg, the Koch Brothers, Warren Buffett, and several other more reputable billionaires who are much wealthier than Trump have all made the claim that he's not worth nearly as much as he's reported and that he's not half the successful businessman that he claims. Cuban and Bloomberg call him a "showman" and a "promoter" who actually has no experience running a business at the ground level.

There are a lot of people richer and more powerful than Trump. They are the ones that own both parties and our government. You are right they don't like Trump. He threatens their control of our government because he is not a bought and paid for party puppet. He could hold 1/3 the power of our government. They have and will use their media and every thing in their power to stop him. They have a lot of money invested in both parties and do not want to see their investment challenged by a candidate who may actually be for the people.

So I guess now you're gonna say that they're attacking Trump because they are jealous of him, right?..........even though each of them could literally buy Trump 10 or 20 times over.

No they are not jealous of him. Please. They are attacking Trump because they do not own him. He does not support their interest and they have a lot of money invested in who wins the election and the deals they can send their way. Government decisions can be worth billions to the rich and powerful. Just ask Cheney and Halliburton. Their money is on their puppet Hillary not some rogue billionaire who they don't own and can't control. A president of the people, by the people, and for the people is not acceptable to the rich and powerful.

I cant wait to hear your reason for why these wealthy, and highly successful businessmen are so critical of Trump.

I just did. Read and enjoy. Maybe even learn something.

Your going to need a serious chill pill come Nov 9.
Nah...I'm always chill. Its going to do what its going to do. I accept we will probably have a president Hillary and life will go on. We may have a president Trump, and life will go on. I think they are both worthless pieces of ****, but my contempt is not of them but the mindless ****ing muppets that will go to the booth and pull the trigger in support of either of them. But chill? I'm already there.

There are a lot of people richer and more powerful than Trump. They are the ones that own both parties and our government. You are right they don't like Trump. He threatens their control of our government because he is not a bought and paid for party puppet. He could hold 1/3 the power of our government. They have and will use their media and every thing in their power to stop him. They have a lot of money invested in both parties and do not want to see their investment challenged by a candidate who may actually be for the people.
The billionaires that I listed are not "bought and paid for" by anyone else either. And hasn't Trump claimed that he's done the very same thing that you're now accusing the wealthy interests of doing? He's openly admitted that he's contributed to and worked with politicians to accomplish his own business ends, How is he any different from the system that you're now claiming is so corrupt. Seems very hypocritical to me.

He does not support their interest and they have a lot of money invested in who wins the election and the deals they can send their way. Government decisions can be worth billions to the rich and powerful. Just ask Cheney and Halliburton. Their money is on their puppet Hillary not some rogue billionaire who they don't own and can't control. A president of the people, by the people, and for the people is not acceptable to the rich and powerful
Since when has Trump not supported the same "interests" as the rich? Isn't he one of them? What deals has Trump made to increase HIS own profits? To promote HIS own brand? How many "little guys" has Trump exploited to further HIS own personal business interests? Does he suddenly get a pass on all of these things? Why? Because he simply SAYS he's now all in for the common man? Tell me......who's really being naïve here?

I just did. Read and enjoy. Maybe even learn something.
You've just repeated the same old talking points we've been hearing for months. Do understand that this rhetoric is winning no one over who isn't already a Trump zombie?

Hillary gave one of her screeching talks today in Ohio. She bragged about how she was involved in the decision to take out Bin Laden. However, she left out the part where she had to "duck and run for cover" because of incoming sniper fire. She also left out the part where her lack of leadership directly led to the deaths of Americans during the terrorist attack on Benghazi. What a great Commander in Chief she would make!

She is hiding from the press right now.

She didn't go to LA and she didn't go to Mexico.

What would she do as President? Not much I would imagine.

Krauthammer went on to say that Trump took control of the joint appearance and “spoke well.”

“He not only held his own, I think, in some ways, he sort of dominated… At the very end when they took questions, it was Trump who took charge,” Krauthammer said. “He's sitting in the palace of the president of Mexico. This never happens. Normally, it's the host who picks the journalist. Trump took charge naturally, walked off the stage as the dominant guy.
Krauthammer on Trump's trip to Mexico: 'He took a risk, and he pulled it off' | Fox News

Dude (K) is finally smelling some coffee.

Congrats.

Or something.

Good luck with the preaching to the choir tactic. It is a sure loser. All he succeeded at was pissing off the Mexicans and weakening their already weak President. I expect Trump to regret this trip soon.

"The Mexicans love me so much they make paper statues of me...."
CrNJZwNUkAA5Il6.jpg

Good luck with the preaching to the choir tactic. It is a sure loser. All he succeeded at was pissing off the Mexicans and weakening their already weak President. I expect Trump to regret this trip soon.

"The Mexicans love me so much they make paper statues of me...."

Trump was great. He has a decent chance of rattling Hillarys cage by the first debate enough to draw out what ever this health/mental problem she has is, he is sure trying by completely changing the game.

Trump is still the go big or go home fella.

Trump was great. He has a decent chance of rattling Hillarys cage by the first debate enough to draw out what ever this health/mental problem she has is, he is sure trying by completely changing the game.

Trump is still the go big or go home fella.

If this is your idea of doing "great"?

Mexico president blasts Trump's policies as 'huge threat' after meeting | Reuters

His day as the intern diplomat becomes the first step toward all out war with Mexico..... I'd say, diplomacy is not a vocation he will excel at. Perhaps he should consider a career as a veterinarian?

If this is your idea of doing "great"?

Mexico president blasts Trump's policies as 'huge threat' after meeting | Reuters

His day as the intern diplomat becomes the first step toward all out war with Mexico..... I'd say, diplomacy is not a vocation he will excel at. Perhaps he should consider a career as a veterinarian?

From your link:
But in a late evening television interview, an angry-looking Pena Nieto sought to defend himself

Trump Stomped.

Nice try

You quote:
Open borders? Don't really care. I don't pee my pants worrying about illegal immigrants coming here and taking my job so it isn't in my top 5 concerns. Or top 10 either. I worry about more important things. But you can worry about it. I think everyone needs a hobby.

Open borders you don't care, by that statement you don't care how many illegals aliens take good American jobs, 15 million American jobs and you don't care. But you care that Trump has his ties made overseas by one person. You welcome illegal aliens, yeah have an open border you don't care, hell sanctuaries cities would also fall under your "I don't care" let them all in.

Your liberal spots are in full view, no dancing around that fact. Anyone with an open border policy and I don't care how many illegal aliens come in paints you as a far left liberal that is further left of Obama. 15 millions illegals taking good American jobs and you don't care. I've always said liberals never have cared about creating jobs. In fact you are out to destroy good American jobs by allowing 15 million illegals to push aside our American workers.

Nice try trying to say this and that about Trump but it's what you said that I'm speaking to. Trump is not going to give you cover for your open border policy and sanctuary cities having illegal labor unions, having a ready supply of illegals for hire.

And you want to talk about Trump and his ties. Now wonder all you so called smarties could not keep Trump from the nomination. You never could vote in the primary anyway, you signed up in the halls of liberalism years ago.

Bless your heart, you really struggle, don't you?

The comment about open borders was when someone else and i were talking about why I'm still voting for Gary Johnson.

If your life is bad because of illegal immigrants, then you're supporting the right guy. He'll take care of you.

Maybe someday you'll be able to understand the concept of a politician telling lies to pander to people who are desperate and clueless. That's how Trump managed to get the nomination. It has nothing to do with neckties.

I hope someday things get better for you and these Mexican rapists and drug dealers stop taking your good jobs.

I can't tell if you're trolling me or not. Here's the quote in context:

So Trump alleges the guy didn't do any research. The judge says, no, BS, he's been researching him "for years." And then the judge says, even if true (which he'd just indicated it was not) it still doesn't matter.

And the judge repeatedly outlines the many steps O'Brien took to verify his figures and no where does he allege, hint, suggest or in any way indicate O'Brien was "likely negligent" which was your claim.

So, all throughout the judge outlines the many steps O'Brien did to confirm the numbers, how he acted reasonably and responsibly, as he systematically destroys every argument Trump made

LMMFAO. I did, and you're only embarrassing yourself.

:doh

You have no clue, only bias. You clearly possess no ability to read a legal opinion, nor how to decipher words that are glaring at you in black and white.

What question was the court asked to answer? What was the key finding from the appeals court? Why did Trump not prevail, according to the appeal court? Did they rule Trump was only worth as much as O'Brian claimed?

Last edited:
They did talk about it. The Mexican president said no and Donald said okay. So much for convincing them to pay for the wall, eh?

Apparently Trump didn't manage to accomplish getting Mexico to agree to paying for the wall, or even building it for that matter. That doesn't really bother me. Something involving another sovereign nation paying for something would take time and a hell of a lot of negotiation.

What did bother me is that in his typical Trump fashion, he flies back to the US and in a hall filled with angry white people, he bloviates and pretends that something entirely different came out of that meeting. And those poor uneducated saps believed him, and cheered when he tossed them their red meat. Don't worry, people! I'm going to make sure you get back your low paying, low skills jobs that those nasty Mexicans have taken from you! I'm going to start deporting those people in my first hour in office! Yes, my first hour. And we're gonna build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it. They don't know it yet, but they are!"

He reminds me of the Carpetbaggers who took advantage of the clueless freed black slaves after the Civil War. We're going to give you 40 acres and a mule! We're going to make you voters! No more oppression!

She is hiding from the press right now.

She didn't go to LA and she didn't go to Mexico.

What would she do as President? Not much I would imagine.
I would actually like a President who literally didn't do much. And a Congress, too. And a bureaucracy.

You have no clue, only bias. You clearly possess no ability to read a legal opinion, nor how to decipher words that are glaring at you in black and white.

What question was the court asked to answer? What was the key finding from the appeals court? Why did Trump not prevail, according to the appeal court? Did they rule Trump was only worth as much as O'Brian claimed?

You said this: "Why don't you point out that the court indicated the author was likely negligent" The court never indicated anything of the sort. The court indicated in fact the OPPOSITE of that and concluded time and again he did nothing wrong, and in fact was thorough with his research and approach. Saying the court found that is a bald faced lie, or ignorant, or intentionally stupid, take your pick and you stripping a quote out of context that supposedly indicates "negligence" on the part of O'Brien is dishonest hackery.

Last edited:
The billionaires that I listed are not "bought and paid for" by anyone else either.

Of course they are not bought and paid for. They are doing the buying or bribing. When these people spend millions of dollars they expect something in return. Just ask Hillary.

And hasn't Trump claimed that he's done the very same thing that you're now accusing the wealthy interests of doing? He's openly admitted that he's contributed to and worked with politicians to accomplish his own business ends,

I am sure he has. Anyone who thinks the rich and powerful donate millions to campaigns because they do know what else to do with their money are naive. Anyone who believes candidates that take million and millions of dollars from these people are not being bribed are naive as well.

How is he any different from the system that you're now claiming is so corrupt. Seems very hypocritical to me.

He has acknowledged it is a problem and has tried to open the eyes of the naive party blind people that support their bought and paid for candidates. Of course it fell on blind and deaf ears. Hillary's win over Bernie is proof positive. When it comes to becoming a billionaire and business on that level government can make or break you. To not do the DC two step would give your competition a clear advantage. Trump is willing to openly discuss it as a problem and hopefully make changes. Hillary is the Hypocrite who takes the money yet lies to the people about what it is for.

Since when has Trump not supported the same "interests" as the rich? Isn't he one of them?

Yes he is one of them. Most likely he has played the game. It is almost impossible to make billion dollar decisions without our government not being involved with preferential rulings. I am forced to do a lot of things by my government I know are wrong and unethical. It does not mean I or Trump agree.

What deals has Trump made to increase HIS own profits? To promote HIS own brand? How many "little guys" has Trump exploited to further HIS own personal business interests? Does he suddenly get a pass on all of these things? Why? Because he simply SAYS he's now all in for the common man? Tell me......who's really being naïve here?

The ethics required to be successful in business is too involved and requires another thread to even begin to explain. I have owned my own business and know how influential and unfair government has made it for the honest law abiding person to compete without being corrupt as well. Yes he does get a pass until the rules are changed allowing people to compete without bribing our becoming a part of the corruption government creates.

You've just repeated the same old talking points we've been hearing for months. Do understand that this rhetoric is winning no one over who isn't already a Trump zombie?

Repeating the truth over and over until the people understand the truth is necessary unfortunately. No we are not Trump zombies. Most Trump supporter did not support him from the beginning but have come to support him as we listen to what he has to say. The zombies are those people who support the same old party puppet despite all the failures, criminal investigations, scandals, corruption, they are clearly a part of. Or maybe they clearly support corruption, bribery, careless irresponsible handling of classified document, rewarding people who break our laws, and lies about people attempting to assassinate them.

You said this: "Why don't you point out that the court indicated the author was likely negligent" The court never indicated anything of the sort. The court indicated in fact the OPPOSITE of that and concluded time and again he did nothing wrong, and in fact was thorough with his research and approach. Saying the court found that is a bald faced lie, or ignorant, or intentionally stupid, take your pick and you stripping a quote out of context that supposedly indicates "negligence" on the part of O'Brien is dishonest hackery.

As I wrote, you have no clue how to read a court opinion.

They wrote his dependence on the few sources he used did not represent a complete and accurate picture of Trumps net worth or finances. They wrote that even if this was negligent, that alone did not indicate his actions raised to the level of malice, a requirement in order to rule defamation occurred.

I haven't lied, I accurately and precisely represented the findings of the appeals court in the case.

You on the other hand have grossly misrepresented the courts words, actions, and findings. I won't call that a lie, because you don't know any better.

But has what you've done approach malice? Well, it would have to be shown you knew better, but made your claims anyway. Like O'Brian, you've only been negligent, because clearly, you don't know any better, but thought you did.

I'm done.

Looking forward to the typical response.

Bless your heart, you really struggle, don't you?

The comment about open borders was when someone else and i were talking about why I'm still voting for Gary Johnson.

If your life is bad because of illegal immigrants, then you're supporting the right guy. He'll take care of you.

Maybe someday you'll be able to understand the concept of a politician telling lies to pander to people who are desperate and clueless. That's how Trump managed to get the nomination. It has nothing to do with neckties.

I hope someday things get better for you and these Mexican rapists and drug dealers stop taking your good jobs.

Lame,

Your comment that an open border is fine with you is as liberal a position as it gets. Illegals taking good American jobs is most destructive to the middle class. Trump is against outsourcing millions of jobs to illegals right here at home. However you could care less that illegals are taking good American jobs by the millions.

If my life is bad because of illegal aliens, sorry it's not about me but the millions of Americans who have had their jobs stolen by illegals right here at home, that you care less about.

And yes in the mix of illegals there are some rapist, murderers, drug dealers, drug smugglers, thieves, and the like that don't even get deported after committing these felonies. All of which you could care less.

Voting for Gary Johnson, not hardly, Hillary is your person, who thinks exactly like you. Open borders and who cares about the stolen good American jobs illegals take. And of course your support for sanctuary cities which I have labeled as "Illegal Labor Unions" of which Hillary wants to increase their membership to have a steady supply of illegal aliens to take American jobs at a cheaper price. All one has to do is contact one of the many Illegal Labor Unions scattered across this country and hire all the illegals you want, to take advantage of the cheap labor.

You care less about middle class jobs, true to form, liberals have never been about creating jobs, never have, never will. Hell let the illegals have all the jobs, what do you care.

And you bitch about Trump having some ties made by some person overseas.

Lame

As I wrote, you have no clue how to read a court opinion.

They wrote his dependence on the few sources he used did not represent a complete and accurate picture of Trumps net worth or finances.

You said the court found O'Brien "likely negligent." They found nothing of the sort, and other than a quote you knowingly stripped of context, you can't find anything in that opinion that indicates the court found "likely negligent" sloppy, lazy, or anything but a good faith effort.

As to that statement, I guess that's true since it was IMPOSSIBLE to get a "complete and accurate picture" but the court ruled, in very clear terms, that O'Brien took a rational and responsible approach to that. And they ruled that Trump's own "evidence" about his true net worth was total BS, not worth anything. So there was no way to even find that O'Brien's estimate was even false.

If you want to quote the court finding O'Brien negligent or likely negligent or even a passage where they criticize his approach as sloppy, let's see it. That last try was debunked by simply quoting the sentence preceding your cherry picked one.

Good luck!

Yes he is one of them. Most likely he has played the game. It is almost impossible to make billion dollar decisions without our government not being involved with preferential rulings. I am forced to do a lot of things by my government I know are wrong and unethical. It does not mean I or Trump agree.
So basically the old cliché addage, "Do as I say, not as I do or as I've done." Right? Sorry, I'm no fan of hypocrites and I tend to judge people by their actions, not their words so much. Trump has shown nothing throughout his career in "business" other than he is simply just another part of the problem that you have identified. He's shown nothing other than he is good at promoting his own image and his own selfish ends.

The fact that the Trump Sheeple somehow see this as a desirable trait in a government leader is probably the most disturbing part of all of this. :doh

You said the court found O'Brien "likely negligent." They found nothing of the sort, and other than a quote you knowingly stripped of context, you can't find anything in that opinion that indicates the court found "likely negligent" sloppy, lazy, or anything but a good faith effort.

As to that statement, I guess that's true since it was IMPOSSIBLE to get a "complete and accurate picture" but the court ruled, in very clear terms, that O'Brien took a rational and responsible approach to that. And they ruled that Trump's own "evidence" about his true net worth was total BS, not worth anything. So there was no way to even find that O'Brien's estimate was even false.

If you want to quote the court finding O'Brien negligent or likely negligent or even a passage where they criticize his approach as sloppy, let's see it. That last try was debunked by simply quoting the sentence preceding your cherry picked one.

Good luck!

You just keep wanting to double down on your lack of experience and knowledge.

So be it.

Apparently Trump didn't manage to accomplish getting Mexico to agree to paying for the wall, or even building it for that matter. That doesn't really bother me. Something involving another sovereign nation paying for something would take time and a hell of a lot of negotiation.

You sure don't know about negotiations. Christ he's not the president yet and you complain about him not cutting a deal to pay for the wall yet. And why would you care anyway, your the open border advocate for illegals aliens taking good American jobs.

What did bother me is that in his typical Trump fashion, he flies back to the US and in a hall filled with angry white people, he bloviates and pretends that something entirely different came out of that meeting. And those poor uneducated saps believed him, and cheered when he tossed them their red meat. Don't worry, people! I'm going to make sure you get back your low paying, low skills jobs that those nasty Mexicans have taken from you! I'm going to start deporting those people in my first hour in office! Yes, my first hour. And we're gonna build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it. They don't know it yet, but they are!"

Yep the same uneducated saps that got Trump the nomination that all you so call smart people did everything you could think of to kill his nomination failed.

He reminds me of the Carpetbaggers who took advantage of the clueless freed black slaves after the Civil War. We're going to give you 40 acres and a mule! We're going to make you voters! No more oppression!

Call the kettle black, who is clueless again.

Back
Top Bottom