• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump says will win Hispanic vote despite immigrant storm

Donald Trump doubled down on his controversial claim that Mexico is sending criminals to the United States -- but insisted he was misrepresented, and really likes Mexico and Mexicans.

Read the article here: Trump says will win Hispanic vote despite immigrant storm

I believe that Trump will find that few people will vote for those who hate, fear and despise them.

I'm sure he will be happy to tell you some of his best friends are Mexican and that he really likes a good taco with his Corona.

I actually agree with him on illegal immigration-- it's just that his policy suggestions are so naive, so mind-bogglingly insultingly stupid that I can't take him seriously.

He's peddling fantasies.

what statements about illegal immigration? The things he said in his escalator speech? Which was utter nonsense?

what statements about illegal immigration? The things he said in his escalator speech? Which was utter nonsense?

I agree that Mexico is using the United States as a dumping ground for its undesirables. His notion that we can somehow make Mexico pay us for this, or contribute to our efforts to stop it, is what I find ludicrous-- he seems to think that Mexico is going to concede fault and agree to help us control our immigration problem when our immigration problem is a major contributor to their economy and a major social safety valve for them.

I agree that Mexico is using the United States as a dumping ground for its undesirables. His notion that we can somehow make Mexico pay us for this, or contribute to our efforts to stop it, is what I find ludicrous-- he seems to think that Mexico is going to concede fault and agree to help us control our immigration problem when our immigration problem is a major contributor to their economy and a major social safety valve for them.

So you buy into his nonsense remarks? The Mexican government is dumping undesirables? Maybe the US drugs market is attracting those drug runners and pushers all by itself? Ever thought about that one? Drugs is like any business, supply and demand. The supply comes from South America the demand is in the US.

The Mexican government/Mexico is not dumping undesirables, the drug trade is doing that all by itself.

Also, his claims where not about illegal immigrants as such, his comments where that every single Mexican coming over the border is a rapist, drug dealer and murderer. He supposes there may be 1 or 2 who are not but he supposes that because he is not certain.

There is zero evidence that Mexico is forcing (the word Trump uses) bad Mexicans over the border. In fact there is evidence that economic issues drive the illegal immigration, not the Mexican government.

I will say, Trump, if he got elected to any kind of office, would be a really good politician. In fact he has the man quality that most politicians have down to an art form, he is an excellent liar.

I refuse to be a stooge for the folks trying to make the rabble angry.

You are just being played, again. Make sure you donate. :lamo

The only ones being played are those on the Left....Bill Clinton played you guys like a fiddle, so has obama .............and Hillary will be no different.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down that wall!

And it was done.

Mr. Pena Nieto, build that wall!

And so it was done.

Let there be light!

And so it was done.

It's all so simple.

It is simple if you think about. It's liberals who always want to conduct feasibility studies and waste everyone's time and hard earned money. But, WTF do you guys care...it ain't your money ...right? Or is it?

He offers bumper sticker solutions for small minds.

At least you recognize the failings of liberals.;)

Doubt he will fare well, except for the chicken****, ignorant, moronic, and hate-mongering vote.

There you go also...talking about Dimocraps!

Nah, the rabble will be distracted with a different shiny object.

obama had many shiny objects ....and your were hypnotized by them

Then he promised all sorts of Hope and Change and you gave up your first born to him

And now, as he ruins America and allows all kinds of vermin across our borders....you support it ....and ruin this country along with obama

Certainly there are infectious diseases pouring across our borders....bringing back diseases we thought eradicated decades ago.....and the cause for increased vaccinations of children in school. Wake Up!

I actually agree with him on illegal immigration-- it's just that his policy suggestions are so naive, so mind-bogglingly insultingly stupid that I can't take him seriously.

He's peddling fantasies.

Oh Ye of great naivete and of little faith. I bet you bought into all the lies of obummer...hook, line and stinker!

He better not be standing behind him if El Chapo finds him.

:lol:
Haaaaaaa...what a joke you are......orders have gone out to shoot El Chapo on sight...capturing him is not an option! Trump has nothing to fear from this hoodlum.....

try again shrub........you fail!

So crime rates aren't falling?

Some aren't ....some are......but think about this....if you or a loved one are the victim of a crime......you won't give a rats ass about stats! They will be meaningless to those who lay in a hospital bed or morgue.

I'm sure he will be happy to tell you some of his best friends are Mexican and that he really likes a good taco with his Corona.

Very possibly true.....maybe even Carlos Slim. He probably does like some good Mex food with his Corona and lime...and a little senorita too.....:lol:

BS.....no nonsense at all...very sensible and very true....only an ignorant putz, thinks they are nonsense.

You guys are very myopic to say the least....and ignorant dopes too........
There are soooooo many screws that the US can turn on Mexico and make them **** bricks!

So you buy into his nonsense remarks? The Mexican government is dumping undesirables? Maybe the US drugs market is attracting those drug runners and pushers all by itself? Ever thought about that one? Drugs is like any business, supply and demand. The supply comes from South America the demand is in the US.

The Mexican government/Mexico is not dumping undesirables, the drug trade is doing that all by itself.

Also, his claims where not about illegal immigrants as such, his comments where that every single Mexican coming over the border is a rapist, drug dealer and murderer. He supposes there may be 1 or 2 who are not but he supposes that because he is not certain.

There is zero evidence that Mexico is forcing (the word Trump uses) bad Mexicans over the border. In fact there is evidence that economic issues drive the illegal immigration, not the Mexican government.

He meant illegals, but failed to fix it...I wish he had.

Economic issues? Like the high cost of medical expenses for all the kids they are raping? The high cost of repairs for all the damage they do with their unregistered, uninsured and unlicensed vehicles....THOSE kinds of economic issues???

I will say, Trump, if he got elected to any kind of office, would be a really good politician. In fact he has the man quality that most politicians have down to an art form, he is an excellent liar.

So are you telling us that you prefer liars like obama and hillary, over all others?

Here in Texas, we have Tejanos who fought right alongside us for our independence from Mexico in the revolution. Were here way before the American influx and joined forces with us against the dictator Santa Anna of Mexico.

We also have Mexicans, who are not us citizens, and have ZERO loyalty to the US, but are here for economic reasons. Who can blame them.

Most extremely left leaning people will be very surprised to learn just how many "Hispanics" (PC term) will also vote to stem the tide of illegals into our country.

Once when I was in the unemployment line in Pasadena, TX I was talking with a Tejano welder who wanted all of the illegals put on a bus and sent back ala Arapio. We said his wages had gone down by almost half since they work for less money, yet do not do half as good a job. However, the bean counters in businesses only look at how cheap something can be done and quality is none of their concern, so they keep on hiring less skilled but cheaper labor, and my friend the Tejano whos family had been in Texas since forever, is now standing in the unemployment line with me because of it.

It was eye-opening talking with him.

Maybe for every story like that there is one that says the opposite.

The vast majority come here to work....just like all the other immigrants who ever came to America.

Maybe for every story like that there is one that says the opposite.

The vast majority come here to work....just like all the other immigrants who ever came to America.

1. The very beginning of that video illustrates the deliberate misrepresentation of Trump's words...when the young lady says, "...where he had this to say about Mexican immigrants." The fact is, Trump wasn't talking about "immigrants"...he was talking about "illegal immigrants". This misrepresentation was communicated to the people they talked to. The result: that video is useless, except as a callous, leftists hit piece.

2. The motive of any illegal immigrant...why they came...doesn't excuse them for breaking the law to get here. If they want to come here to work...like all other immigrants who ever came to America...then let them come here legally.

Economic issues? Like the high cost of medical expenses for all the kids they are raping? The high cost of repairs for all the damage they do with their unregistered, uninsured and unlicensed vehicles....THOSE kinds of economic issues???

So are you telling us that you prefer liars like obama and hillary, over all others?

You are getting on my last nerve!

Anybody who thinks that Trump's words were misinterpreted is being silly. Words have meanings. Literally translated into Spanish, Trumps words didn't make a distinction of any kind between illegals and legal immigrants. That's what people don't seem to get. It's going to be fun watching Republicans stick by Trump and their lack of attention for context will bite them in the ass.

1. The very beginning of that video illustrates the deliberate misrepresentation of Trump's words...when the young lady says, "...where he had this to say about Mexican immigrants." The fact is, Trump wasn't talking about "immigrants"...he was talking about "illegal immigrants". This misrepresentation was communicated to the people they talked to. The result: that video is useless, except as a callous, leftists hit piece.
It also expresses the sentiments of real Mexican immigrants that can vote.

2. The motive of any illegal immigrant...why they came...doesn't excuse them for breaking the law to get here. If they want to come here to work...like all other immigrants who ever came to America...then let them come here legally.
Let them eat cake, eh?

Watch the Mexican immigrant rape the stakes with his hammer...

BS.....no nonsense at all...very sensible and very true....only an ignorant putz, thinks they are nonsense.

So the comments about Mexicans (ignoring the immigration of other Middle and Southern Americans) are:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Is sensible and very true (not just a little bit true but very true? And only an ignorant putz thinks they are nonsense?

:lamo:cuckoo::2rofll:

Not only is it total nonsense, it is utter nonsense. And it is proven nonsense, the Mexicans do not send it's people and they are not all but a few (possibly according to Trump a few, but he is not sure that there are any but statistically it must be possible) drug smugglers, rapists. In fact he earned 4 pinocchio's with that BS statement.

Seems you are hell bent on believing nonsense, please go ahead, you are only embarrassing yourself. Trumps statements where a mockery of the truth, pure and simple.

Wow, you really got me there :roll: Ooh wait, you didn't because I said all politicians lie, so that includes Hillary and Obama.

The reason I prefer those two over the gaggle of Republican extremists has nothing to do with lying but with the fact that most of the comments made by these candidates are too extremist in nature/stand too far from my political point of view.

Oh Ye of great naivete and of little faith. I bet you bought into all the lies of obummer...hook, line and stinker!

Haaaaaaa...what a joke you are......orders have gone out to shoot El Chapo on sight...capturing him is not an option! Trump has nothing to fear from this hoodlum.....

try again shrub........you fail!

:lamo

Hot Tip: bullets can go both ways.

I hope nothing bad happens to Mr. Trump, but anyone who laughs at El Chapo's threats is out of touch with reality.

This is an extremely dangerous man who has many killers who will do what he pays them to do.

Anyone who kills Trump will be viewed as a hero by some Mexicans.

Whatever Trump puts on the top of his head seems to have seeped into his brain and done untold damage.

It also expresses the sentiments of real Mexican immigrants that can vote.

And it expresses that they are easily manipulated by leftists...just the kind of people y'all need to get Hillary elected.

Let them eat cake, eh?

Watch the Mexican immigrant rape the stakes with his hammer...

I'd rather see him rape his stakes in Mexico than come here illegally. He looks like a hard worker...his own country could benefit if he put that hard work to use improving Mexico.

We have plenty of Americans who could do the job HE'S taken from them...of course, those Americans would demand a living wage. But now, the government has to supply that living wage to the American that illegal immigrant took from him. And guess who is paying for that living wage...you.

obama had many shiny objects ....and your were hypnotized by them

Then he promised all sorts of Hope and Change and you gave up your first born to him

And now, as he ruins America and allows all kinds of vermin across our borders....you support it ....and ruin this country along with obama

Certainly there are infectious diseases pouring across our borders....bringing back diseases we thought eradicated decades ago.....and the cause for increased vaccinations of children in school. Wake Up!

Vermin. See how whipped up you are? You must be so excited that a candidate is using such stupid, angry words. Doesn't make you look any better. You can't see how badly you are being played by an oaf like Trump, guess you never will, you are in your cult like bliss of anger.

You guys are very myopic to say the least....and ignorant dopes too........
There are soooooo many screws that the US can turn on Mexico and make them **** bricks!

Someone who sees politics in a one dimensional left to right model calling others "myopic." What a hoot. Trump, being a mighty Republican and all, has merely to wave his hand and declare that Mexico build a wall, and it shall be.

and you think the rest of us are deluded.

And it expresses that they are easily manipulated by leftists...just the kind of people y'all need to get Hillary elected.
If all it takes is to get your vote is to talk like a racist ignoramus, then ya'll is pretty easily manipulated, too.

I'd rather see him rape his stakes in Mexico than come here illegally. He looks like a hard worker...his own country could benefit if he put that hard work to use improving Mexico.
He wouldn't need to come to US if there was work in Mexico. Most immigrants are hard workers which is why Trumps racist remarks were so insulting.

We have plenty of Americans who could do the job HE'S taken from them...of course, those Americans would demand a living wage. But now, the government has to supply that living wage to the American that illegal immigrant took from him. And guess who is paying for that living wage...you.
I seriously doubt that very many Americans are willing to do physical labor in 115% heat. US legal labor takes 80% of the construction jobs. So no, again, illegal immigrants are not taking anyone's jobs.

Back
Top Bottom