• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump’s Truth Social Payday Hits Road Bump As Co-Founders Sue Ex-President

Trump is truly God's gift to lawyers

Dumpster Donny is simply the largest shareholder of a quickly failing company. He will never ever get billions of dollars for his shares. It will all evaporate and he will be left with nothing.
To me this reeks of another Trump scam. Not an illegal scam, but one where he plays on the loyalty of his followers to make his personal profit before bankrupting yet another company. I imagine that you have two key type of investors buying TS shares, One are the pure speculators looking for a quick buck. The others are the Trump loyalists who still haven't recognized what a narcissistic fraud he is. The speculators might do alright because they don't have any long term belief in Trump and may get out in time. That leaves Trumps loyal followers paying the bill for both the speculators profits and Trumps profits. It would probably be less painful for them if they just took all that money and donated it to Trump so he can pay his legal bills without spending his own money.

It’s not worth billions
Uh, yes it is! Actually, it's worth 1000 times what he paid for it, yeah, that's the ticket! It's the greatest social platform on the planet - with milions, no - tens of mill - hundreds of mill - BILLIONS of users. Yeah, that's the ticket!

The people that I feel sorry for are the painters and electricians and plumbers and construction guys and general contractors who got stiffed by trump way back before it was common knowledge that he was nothing but a crook and liar.

Uh, yes it is! Actually, it's worth 1000 times what he paid for it, yeah, that's the ticket! It's the greatest social platform on the planet - with milions, no - tens of mill - hundreds of mill - BILLIONS of users. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Liar! It’s worth TRILLIONS… Many people are saying there isn’t a number large enough to measure its value.. 🤣🤣🤣❤️

Liar! It’s worth TRILLIONS… Many people are saying there isn’t a number large enough to measure its value.. 🤣🤣🤣❤️
Everyone says it! They are always coming up to Trump and saying "My God! How do you do it? You are the greatest businessman in all the world! How do you do it?" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

When it rains, it pours.

Let me guess more deep state weaponized for lawfare how many ****ing other stupid excuses can I cram in here

Can someone tell me the answer to this question please?
TS is a minnow among social media platforms. It has next to no revenue. It is making consistent losses with little sign of that improving. It's early growth has slowed considerably rather than ramping up with the increased exposure. It appeals to a small minority subset of people. That small minority's attraction to TS is primarily fuelled by an obese, aging man who could soon find himself banned from social media as part of a criminal conviction. Outside that small minority, the rest of the population want absolutely nothing to do with TS. That also means that potential advertisers are mostly limited to a small subset of the available market.

So tell me how TS is worth $billions? It shows no sign of becoming profitable. It only has access to a fraction of the market that it's competitors access. And it is inherently reliant on a key contributor who just a few months from now might not be able to contribute for the rest of his likely short time left on this earth. And that's before you start talking about the obvious decline in his mental health and descent into increasingly irrational thinking. Om top of all that, TS's 'creator/owner' has a history of bankrupting commercial operations that should have been successful.

So, why the crazy high $value? I am struggling to think of a less attractive investment decision. I assume the current value is being driven by short term speculation rather than long term business expectations, but once Trump extracts his $Billions, someone has to be paying that cost, and that s coming straight out of the other shareholders pockets. What am I missing here?
It's smoke and mirrors. The higher stock valuation is tied to investors excited about Trump's political ambitions.

Litinsky and Moss both held 8.6 percent of Trump Media’s shares after pitching the former president the idea of forming his own social platform after leaving office. The former contestants on The Apprentice gave Trump 90 percent of the company’s shares, while the rest went to a lawyer who put the deal together.

When 90% just doesn’t cut it……
No problem. Go Fund Me part 2 in the works.

Let me guess more deep state weaponized for lawfare how many ****ing other stupid excuses can I cram in here
Surely the people suing him are DEEP STATE™ operatives paid for by Hunter Biden with money made by Joe Biden in his many backdoor deals with Kyrgyztani mob types.

Can someone tell me the answer to this question please?
TS is a minnow among social media platforms. It has next to no revenue. It is making consistent losses with little sign of that improving. It's early growth has slowed considerably rather than ramping up with the increased exposure. It appeals to a small minority subset of people. That small minority's attraction to TS is primarily fuelled by an obese, aging man who could soon find himself banned from social media as part of a criminal conviction. Outside that small minority, the rest of the population want absolutely nothing to do with TS. That also means that potential advertisers are mostly limited to a small subset of the available market.

So tell me how TS is worth $billions? It shows no sign of becoming profitable. It only has access to a fraction of the market that it's competitors access. And it is inherently reliant on a key contributor who just a few months from now might not be able to contribute for the rest of his likely short time left on this earth. And that's before you start talking about the obvious decline in his mental health and descent into increasingly irrational thinking. Om top of all that, TS's 'creator/owner' has a history of bankrupting commercial operations that should have been successful.

So, why the crazy high $value? I am struggling to think of a less attractive investment decision. I assume the current value is being driven by short term speculation rather than long term business expectations, but once Trump extracts his $Billions, someone has to be paying that cost, and that s coming straight out of the other shareholders pockets. What am I missing here?
There will be no billions extracted.

It's smoke and mirrors. The higher stock valuation is tied to investors excited about Trump's political ambitions.
This was bugging me so I spent 5 minutes researching. Key data I quickly found (may not be exact as I just grabbed other peoples numbers) was -
Twitter company value per user works out around $42/user
Facebook around $100/user
Instagram $20/user
All these platforms have significant revenues already to aid their valuations.
These may not be perfect numbers, but lets be generous and settle on a small marginal platform with limited appeal like TS being worth say Twitters $40/user
TruthSocial has around 2 million users and it's user growth isn't exactly heading for the stars.
So 2,000,000 x $40 gives a rational value of around $80 million. The company is probably carrying around $40 million in losses based on it's mid 2023 reporting. So take that off the value and I guess if you are being generous, and looking optimistically at user growth maybe it's a $50million company. You can't forget that TS has a very limited audience that is both US centric, and only a small subset of the US population. It is incredibly unlikely to ever be a global platform like Twitter, Insta, Facebook. etc etc. TS also has enough serious political baggage that the number of revenue paying advertisers is going to be pretty small, and again totally US centric.

All this is so ridiculously obvious! I can't think how people can see TS having a multi $Billion valuation. To me this looks as bad as ol Bernie M's ponzi schemes. The people buying and selling shares will only make money until someone with some sense pops the bubble and exposes the realities. Or should I compare this more to the dot com bubble and think of this as the social media bubble? Either way, TS appears to be a balloon full of bad gas waiting for a needle to arrive.

Can anyone actually see a path where TS reaches commercial success and makes a return that would justify a share value that takes the company into the multi $Billion valuations?? I wonder how many serious long term commercial investors (pension funds, professionally managed investment funds etc etc) hold TS shares. I can imagine a few people with money maybe throwing some spare cash as a purely speculative short term bet that others are dumber than them, but outside that, nothing stacks up unless I am seeing this wrong??

Question to those holding TS shares - What are your expectations for share growth, and are they a short term gamble for you or a long term investment?

Litinsky and Moss both held 8.6 percent of Trump Media’s shares after pitching the former president the idea of forming his own social platform after leaving office. The former contestants on The Apprentice gave Trump 90 percent of the company’s shares, while the rest went to a lawyer who put the deal together.

When 90% just doesn’t cut it……
The lawsuit will likely delay any merger and Trump’s ability to raise cash to pay the hundreds of millions of dollars he owes from recent court losses related to fraud and defamation trials. If Trump’s shares were ever realized he would only be able to sell them after the first six months of the company being publicly traded or he would need to receive a waiver.

Meh, a delay isn't a no.

Lawfare!

Was I the first in this thread?

Question to those holding TS shares - What are your expectations for share growth, and are they a short term gamble for you or a long term investment?

pump and dump
take that money from the chumps

Grifters gonna grift.
My sentiments exactly. Worth repeating. The corrupt, evil man has never had an honest bone in his body,

Truth Social Co-Founders Sue Company, Claim Trump Tried To Dilute Shares​

"They created Truth Social, and now the beneficiary of that, Donald Trump, doesn’t want to pay," a lawyer said as the company seeks a $4 billion merger deal.

Andy Litinsky and Wes Moss, who co-founded Trump’s Truth Social platform, filed a lawsuit in Delaware claiming their previously negotiated 8.6% stake in Trump Media & Technology Group
(TMTG ) has been watered down to less than 1%, The Washington Post and CNBC reported.

Back
Top Bottom