• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trayvon Martin's parents settle wrongful death claim for over one million dollars

JackFrost

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Trayvon Martin's parents settle wrongful death claim for over one million dollars!!!

Trayvon Martin wrongful death claim more than $1 million - OrlandoSentinel.com

SANFORD - Trayvon Martin's parents have settled a wrongful death claim for an amount believed to be more than $1 million against the homeowners association of the Sanford subdivision where their teenage son was killed.

"It is understood and agreed that the payment made herein is not to be construed as an admission of any liability by or on behalf of the releasing parties; but instead the monies being paid hereunder is consideration for avoiding litigation, the uncertainties stemming from litigation as well as to protect and secure the good name and good will of the released parties," the settlement said.

Under the terms of the settlement, Trayvon's parents, Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, and his estate, agreed to set aside their wrongful death claim and claims for pain and suffering, loss of earnings and expenses.

Crump has made clear that he intends to file suit later against Zimmerman, and the settlement spelled out that Zimmerman was not part of this deal.

One down, one to go:cool:

Last edited:
"It is understood and agreed that the payment made herein is not to be construed as an admission of any liability by or on behalf of the releasing parties; but instead the monies being paid hereunder is consideration for avoiding litigation, the uncertainties stemming from litigation as well as to protect and secure the good name and good will of the released parties," the settlement said.
You understand that, right?

It has nothing to do with the case being good, right or just.

This was nothing more than and ambulance chaser going after deep pockets because of the greedy parents.

This was nothing more than and ambulance chaser going after deep pockets because of the greedy parents.

Too bad we cannot give the Martins a choice between a million dollars or having their son back because if we could i bet you a million dollars you would look like an ass for suggesting lovbing parents wanted their kid shot so they could get a wrongful death settlement.

I told you ten months ago that the HOA was liable for endorsing an idiot like George.

Too bad we cannot give the Martins a choice between a million dollars or having their son back because if we could i bet you a million dollars you would look like an ass for suggesting lovbing parents wanted their kid shot so they could get a wrongful death settlement.
Good thing I didn't suggest that then, huh?
But greedy is greedy. It wouldn't matter if they donated it all to a charity they set up and manage in Trayvon's name (cough). Greedy is greedy.

I told you ten months ago that the HOA was liable for endorsing an idiot like George.

Which still has not been proven.

So what is your point?

Good thing I didn't suggest that then, huh?
But greedy is greedy. It wouldn't matter if they donated it all to a charity they set up and manage in Trayvon's name (cough). Greedy is greedy.

If you are going to suggest that they wanted their son killed for the settlement at least stand by your statement for more than one post. Oh, and watch out you don't run anyone over when you backpedal that fast.

For a jailhouse lawyer.. you are still in the weeds.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/zimme...][/INDENT] Do you not understand the wording?

If you are going to suggest that they wanted their son killed for the settlement at least stand by your statement for more than one post. Oh, and watch out you don't run anyone over when you backpedal that fast.
Why are you making false claims?

Of course the HOA knew they would be held liable. Any one with half a brain knew they were going to settle rather than going to court.

Justice for Trayvon!

Why are you making false claims?

Don't get mad at me because you pretended the martins wanted their son killed for money. Well, OK do get mad at me for pointing it out, and while you are at it could you whine a little bit more and perhaps nail yourself to a cross? That would be great if you could do that.

Don't get mad at me because you pretended the martins wanted their son killed for money. Well, OK do get mad at me for pointing it out, and while you are at it could you whine a little bit more and perhaps nail yourself to a cross? That would be great if you could do that.
Still with the false claims I see.
:doh
How pathetic.
No one here even came close to saying such. So push on.
You are as wrong as usual.

That mother was trying to get a patent on Trayvon's name before he was even cold. They should have hung that wynch long before Trayvon was shot.

That mother was trying to get a patent on Trayvon's name before he was even cold. They should have hung that wynch long before Trayvon was shot.

I give that troll about a 2. Even excon did a better job. You probably would want to somehow bring Obama and the nazis into it next time for a better score.

I give that troll about a 2. Even excon did a better job. You probably would want to somehow bring Obama and the nazis into it next time for a better score.

Are you high? mind explaining what any of that drivel above means?:lol:

Wow!
You really are that far gone.

Here is my post.

"This was nothing more than and ambulance chaser going after deep pockets because of the greedy parents."

Please show where it suggests the parents wanted their son dead so they could get a wrongful death settlement as you say I suggest.

Other than Trayvon Martin himself, who is MOST responsible are his lazyass, irresponsible ROTTEN parents.

Other than Trayvon Martin himself, who is MOST responsible are his lazyass, irresponsible ROTTEN parents.

And now they are getting paid for it.

Only in America.

ORLANDO (CN) - Traveler's Insurance sued Trayvon Martin's mother and The Retreat at Twin Lakes Homeowners' Association, where her son was killed, claiming it has no responsibility to defend the HOA or cover the teenager's death.
Travelers Casualty and Surety Company of America sued The Retreat at Twin Lakes Homeowners' Association and Sybrina Fulton, as representative of her son's estate, in Federal Court.

CONTINUED.

Courthouse News Service

i told you months ago this would happen because the HOA was stupid enough to endorse Geore and an NW.... Typical of Florida.

i told you months ago this would happen because the HOA was stupid enough to endorse Geore and an NW.... Typical of Florida.
No you didn't sharon.

Read the release and weep sharon.
... is not to be construed as an admission of any liability ...
Do you not understand the wording?

Additionally ...
They admitted no wrongdoing and Trayvon's parents agreed. The HOA just settled because it was better then the uncertainty of a lawsuit. It happens all the time... So, if you said "I have no idea if they are responsible, but they will settle anyway".. then you were absolutely correct.

You did no such thing sharon.

How exactly are Martin's parents lazy or rotten? Their son has ZERO history of violence or any real criminal activity (vandalism is not a big deal imo). He was on the football team, got Bs and worse offense he got hit with in school is tardiness.

Sounds like an average, good run of the mill kid to me.

Last edited:
Their son has ZERO history of violence or any real criminal activity (vandalism is not a big deal imo).
Real? iLOL
He got caught with jewelery and a screw driver which is used as a burglary tool.
And besides that, "we" do not know if he as any other "real" history.
So can the bs.

He was on the football team,
Really? Which football team is that?
When you can answer, you will see why you stating such is irrelevant.

Sounds like an average, good run of the mill kid to me.
Sure he does. :doh
Multiple drug usage - mj and drank.
vandalism
truancy
caught with what appears to be stolen goods
Yeah sure, an overall good kid. :doh iLOL

No you didn't sharon.

Read the release and weep sharon.
... is not to be construed as an admission of any liability ...
Do you not understand the wording?

Additionally ...

You did no such thing sharon.

That's what you DO when you settle.

They couldn't control idiot George or force him to adhere to NW rules... and they failed to call their attorney. Why do you think Travelers bailed?

Its unfortunate that stupid old George couldn't play by the rules.. or SPEAK..

Back
Top Bottom