• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trump Inauguration Thread

Or put another way, the celebs are not that tolerant of the huge chunk of Americans who support the President we have picked. The danger for them of course is that it is a very short walk between that and being anti-American, a truth that Trump and his supporters will be only too happy to highlight..

All I know is that performing at the White House is an impressive tidbit on a résumé. ;)

The "huge chunk" is 27% of the electorate. Not so huge as to give a mandate.

A lot more than 27% of the electorate created the largest Republican majority (state and Federal) in history. You're failing to see the big picture, because you can't accept the fact that the President has limited power.

A lot more than 27% of the electorate created the largest Republican majority (state and Federal) in history. You're failing to see the big picture, because you can't accept the fact that the President has limited power.

The number of people who voted for Trump was 27% of those eligible to vote.

The number of people who voted for Trump was 27% of those eligible to vote.

President Trump is only a part of the bigger picture.

The Republicans hold the largest congressional majority since 1928 and the largest national majority in American history. The American people want Liberalism gone.

Why should I give a flying **** if Celebutards from Hollyweird (and elsewhere) don't want to perform or attend Trump's inauguration?

This whole Celebutard worship has gone far too far.

Why should I give a flying **** if Celebutards from Hollyweird (and elsewhere) don't want to perform or attend Trump's inauguration?

Voters also decided that it has gone too far. Right from the very beginning of the primaries voters decided that the more the establishment tried to stop Trump in his tracks, the more they wanted to vote for him. Neither the Republicans in the primaries nor the Democrats after that really ever learned that lesson and many still haven't learned it to this day.

Voters also decided that it has gone too far. Right from the very beginning of the primaries voters decided that the more the establishment tried to stop Trump in his tracks, the more they wanted to vote for him. Neither the Republicans in the primaries nor the Democrats after that really ever learned that lesson and many still haven't learned it to this day.

Hopefully, one day, sooner rather than later, they will learn this, and catch up with the tectonic shift that just occurred within the electorate.

That is plenty for a mandate (applied to the citizenry) to let the winner attempt to do the job of leading America to a better place.

That is something that Americans and Americas friends and all supporters of democracy should be able to get behind.
A mandate while not even winning a plurality?

How can you expect to be taken seriously on other matters, when hurling stuff like this? Not to beat on you personally, but you're not doing yourself any favors here.

Hopefully, one day, sooner rather than later, they will learn this, and catch up with the tectonic shift that just occurred within the electorate.
There is truth here.

It's just that many of us that want change are not particularly enamored of this particular agent-of-change.

Basically some good ideas in general, but the wrong guy (and methodology), is how I see it.

I have other plans 20 Jan which are far more important than Trump, like taking a dump. I will skip the trainwreck thanks.

A mandate while not even winning a plurality?

How can you expect to be taken seriously on other matters, when hurling stuff like this? Not to beat on you personally, but you're not doing yourself any favors here.

After the rules of the game are set those who win by the rules are to be afforded the privileges of winning, it's a mandate...yes sir.

Last edited:

Perpaps Chachi can provide the inaugural ball entertainment.

There is truth here.

It's just that many of us that want change are not particularly enamored of this particular agent-of-change.

Basically some good ideas in general, but the wrong guy (and methodology), is how I see it.

If the "wrong guy" is the only one who came up with the right idea you would be wise to reconsider your opinion that he is the wrong guy.

Especially if that "wrong guy" has a record of success.

You have been wrong about the guy up till now.

We cant forget that part.

The economy only needs to take a dump, one term Trump, politics change on a dime, or have you not learnt that?

After the rules of the game are set those who win by the rules are to be afforded the privileges of winning...yes sir.
Whatever, but no mandate.

No matter how many times you, Trump, or anyone else say it.

If the "wrong guy" is the only one who came up with the right idea you would be wise to reconsider your opinion that he is the wrong guy.

And dont forget Trumps bankruptcys, thought I would throw that in there, a bit of cold water is needed.

They. Refuse. To. Learn................!

EMOASletmeoutHL.gif

What, pray tell, are we supposed to learn from the degenerates in trump's camp of supporters? How to hate minorities and non-Christians more? How to have no moral compass?

Don't doubt I don't consider this.

But he crossed bridges too far, for me. Is he the cost of getting it done? Perhaps. But for me, his cost is too high.

Now, if he really gets things fixed-up in a way I like, I might reconsider.

But for me, the ends don't always justify the means. Sometimes, but not always.

And dont forget Trumps bankruptcys, thought I would throw that in there, a bit of cold water is needed.

Trump is the "go big or go home" guy, he will roll the dice big over and over again because he needs the rush and because he believes in himself. There were always going to be loser ideas, with Trump there were always going to be some colossal losers, winning this game means having more winners than losers.

You might have heard of the concept, profession sports use it too, and other games too.

I dont care about the bankruptcies so long as the law was followed.

If you can prove one or more was not I would care.

Don't doubt I don't consider this.

But he crossed bridges too far, for me. Is he the cost of getting it done? Perhaps. But for me, his cost is too high.

Now, if he really gets things fixed-up in a way I like, I might reconsider.

But for me, the ends don't always justify the means. Sometimes, but not always.

If you want to be fair to the guy you should let him play for at least a few months out of the 48 before you decide he is not the right ass for the chair.

Doing that might save you some embarrassment as well.

If you want to be fair to the guy you should let him play for at least a few months out of the 48 before you decide he is not the right ass for the chair.

Doing that might save you some embarrassment as well.

He robbed regular Americans out of a quarter billion dollars in his university scam. If that isn't disqualifying to you then nothing will be.

What, pray tell, are we supposed to learn from the degenerates in trump's camp of supporters? How to hate minorities and non-Christians more? How to have no moral compass?

Looking at what the winners are doing can be helpful yes sir, but I was actually speaking of the need to learn from repetitive losing.

He robbed regular Americans out of a quarter billion dollars in his university scam. If that isn't disqualifying to you then nothing will be.

The people over ruled you.

You need to move on.

Looking at what the winners are doing can be helpful yes sir, but I was actually speaking of the need to learn from repetitive losing.

Sure, I *might* be able to win by demonizing everyone who isn't white and Christian. I'm not sure winning is entirely that important to me.

Back
Top Bottom