• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Trump Inauguration Thread

Greetings, Hawkeye10. :2wave:

Of course he could always state he is keeping it low key because the debt has doubled in the past few years, so this country can't afford to spend money we don't have just so we can pretend that things are okay when so many people are having a hard time these days. He can also mention that he intends to work hard to make times better for everyone and he isn't taking a salary to do this job, either. Then let it go at that! Most people would understand that explanation, and might even personally approve of it!

Ya, but he cant get like Carter, who as I recall turned the heat way down in the WH (I think I heard after that this caused a lot of damage..moisture) and put goats on the front lawn.

Maybe I remember that it was Wilson who did the goats.

You get my drift.

:2wave:

Last edited:
I said the same, 'till I saw the Tweet.

I think in Trump we've got a narcissistic sicko here, Hawkeye.

This one right?
Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love!

Trump will tell you that he likes to make things harder than they need to be, because to him this is fun. That tweet was WWE Trump, that was Trump having a blast, and he would call your claim evidence of the rot caused by victim culture.

The losers who have played the game with no honor had it coming.

They earned it.

No sniveling.

HE THINKS

Here is one take:

Donald Trump’s celebrity-free inauguration could make the White House great again
Obama's celebrity obsession paved the way for celebrity President-elect Trump, who could reverse the trend

Donald Trump?s celebrity-free inauguration could make the White House great again - Salon.com

I saw elsewhere that the day will be filled to the brim with military and law enforcement, I got the idea that we might hear the most military marching band music anyone has heard in a long time, and I was wondering how that would go over if it happened. I also wondered if Trump was trying to strike fear into the hearts of the snowflakes, that this might be a form of physiological warfare. I heard that it will be the shortest inauguration in living memory because Trump "wants to get right to work"....I do think he intends to do a lot immediately, that he is not going to wait one second for Congress to get their **** together and do the Cabinet confirmations.

I am ok with all this except that I dont think that America wants this to look military, we dont want the soundtrack to be heavy on the Military Marching Music, as that will remind us of Hitler.

What say you?

tyvm

I have no problem with military marching music, but then I have been military all my life. I may be showing my age, but perhaps we should have a solemn swearing in ceremony with the appropriate speech then have one inaugural ball. Have an orchestra which can play a variety of music and that's it. No need for 10 or 20 separate events all across D.C. where the president stops in at each one for 5 minutes of so.

Kind of old fashioned, but I think it would be in line with the occasion.

This one right?

Trump will tell you that he likes to make things harder than they need to be, because to him this is fun. That tweet was WWE Trump, that was Trump having a blast, and he would call your claim evidence of the rot caused by victim culture.

The losers who have played the game with no honor had it coming.

They earned it.

No sniveling.

HE THINKS
There's something off with this guy.

I've known guys like that IRL. It works for them (actually, it doesn't - they just do it). But not a President. Sorry.

It's gonna' be a long four years ... (unless Congress gets him first) ...

I have no problem with military marching music, but then I have been military all my life. I may be showing my age, but perhaps we should have a solemn swearing in ceremony with the appropriate speech then have one inaugural ball. Have an orchestra which can play a variety of music and that's it. No need for 10 or 20 separate events all across D.C. where the president stops in at each one for 5 minutes of so.

Kind of old fashioned, but I think it would be in line with the occasion.
Hey, I like this! :thumbs:

There's something off with this guy.

I've known guys like that IRL. It works for them (actually, it doesn't - they just do it). But not a President. Sorry.

It's gonna' be a long four years ... (unless Congress gets him first) ...

Ya there is, it is the cocoon of wealth, his long record of winning, and that he has never gotten the magnitude of love that he is sure that he has earned.

It should be fine, but he could snap and it could go very very badly for us.

He is high risk, everyone knew that but we wanted him anyways.

He was the only one that even had a small chance of working.

Desperate times, Desperate measures.

My eyes are open.

Ya there is, it is the cocoon of wealth, his long record of winning, and that he has never gotten the magnitude of love that he is sure that he has earned.

It should be fine, but he could snap and it could go very very badly for us.

He is high risk, everyone knew that but we wanted him anyways.

He was the only one that even had a small chance of working.

Desperate times, Desperate measures.

My eyes are open.
Well, I'll give you the bolded.

I pretty much felt the same way, and was even considering giving him a shot until he got dragged Right trying to please the GOP, and then capped it off by accepting behaviour that to me looked a little too alt-Right.

Now he's annoying the hell out of me with this Putin bromance crap.

I think I'm destined to be miserable during his Presidency. I liked Obama for the most part (except for illegal immigrant residency/citizenship and not getting single-payer), but now think I can better appreciate those that seemed to hate him for who & what he was, and had to live with his actions every day.

Well, I'll give you the bolded.

I pretty much felt the same way, and was even considering giving him a shot until he got dragged Right trying to please the GOP, and then capped it off by accepting behaviour that to me looked a little too alt-Right.

Now he's annoying the hell out of me with this Putin bromance crap.

I think I'm destined to be miserable during his Presidency. I liked Obama for the most part (except for illegal immigrant residency/citizenship and not getting single-payer), but now think I can better appreciate those that seemed to hate him for who & what he was, and had to live with his actions every day.

The Putin thing is great, you should be cheering.

It is Trumps anti freedom bent that alarms me.

And what he will turn into if he is not allowed a chance to do the job....if huge portion of the people work to prevent progress, in their minds to "STOP TRUMP" but in his mind it will be to "STOP AMERICA" .

You know I am right.

What does Trump do then do you think?

Does he then become this monster that so many fear incorrectly that he is now?

Do his enemies make him onto what they fear the most?

IDK the answer to that.

And that scares me.

SIGNED:
HAWkEYE10
bad_boys_20.gif

Proud Member of the Truth Teller Tribe

Last edited:
Here is one take:

Donald Trump’s celebrity-free inauguration could make the White House great again
Obama's celebrity obsession paved the way for celebrity President-elect Trump, who could reverse the trend

Donald Trump?s celebrity-free inauguration could make the White House great again - Salon.com

I saw elsewhere that the day will be filled to the brim with military and law enforcement, I got the idea that we might hear the most military marching band music anyone has heard in a long time, and I was wondering how that would go over if it happened. I also wondered if Trump was trying to strike fear into the hearts of the snowflakes, that this might be a form of physiological warfare. I heard that it will be the shortest inauguration in living memory because Trump "wants to get right to work"....I do think he intends to do a lot immediately, that he is not going to wait one second for Congress to get their **** together and do the Cabinet confirmations.

I am ok with all this except that I dont think that America wants this to look military, we dont want the soundtrack to be heavy on the Military Marching Music, as that will remind us of Hitler.

What say you?

tyvm

There's a simple reason no one wants to be associated with the great Cheeto. His racist misogonist demogoguery makes him radioactive.

The Putin thing is great, you should be cheering.

It is Trumps anti freedom bent that alarms me.

And what he will turn into if he is not allowed a chance to do the job....if huge portion of the people work to prevent progress, in their minds to "STOP TRUMP" but in his mind it will be to "STOP AMERICA" .

You know I am right.

What does Trump do then do you think?

Does he then become this monster that so many fear incorrectly that he is now?

Do his enemies make him onto what they fear the most?

IDK the answer to that.

And that scares me.

SIGNED:
HAWkEYE10
bad_boys_20.gif

Proud Member of the Truth Teller Tribe
Well, if he gets rebuked by the populace or Congress, he does what Obama did: He deals with it.

Trump can only get away with unscrupulous stuff, if Congress lets him. The problem is: the GOP can be pretty unscrupulous!

And as to Putin and my happiness:

Hawkeye, I've got Polish blood cursing deep through my veins! A hatred of Putin is intrinsic to my cultural soul! No way to get rid of it!

There's a lot of people that hate Russia, but if you really want to see it in action find an old Pole that lived through it! Anyone who was in Poland previous to 1989. Preferably, before the shutdown of 1980. Bonus points if they had parents who were concurrent with Stalin! Listen to them, and see if you feel the same was about dear old Vlad and the MotherLand!

Well, if he gets rebuked by the populace or Congress, he does what Obama did: He deals with it.

Trump can only get away with unscrupulous stuff, if Congress lets him. The problem is: the GOP can be pretty unscrupulous!

And as to Putin and my happiness:

Hawkeye, I've got Polish blood cursing deep through my veins! A hatred of Putin is intrinsic to my cultural soul! No way to get rid of it!

There's a lot of people that hate Russia, but if you really want to see it in action find an old Pole that lived through it! Anyone who was in Poland previous to 1989. Preferably, before the shutdown of 1980. Bonus points if they had parents who were concurrent with Stalin! Listen to them, and see if you feel the same was about dear old Vlad and the MotherLand!

Trump got along just fine with the Mob, that world Obama has never even seen much less performed in.

Do you see where I am going here..... it is possible to see Trump going to the dark side.

Nixon did.

BTW: My wife is a Zaroff....I hear you.

Last edited:
Trump got along just fine with the Mob, that world Obama has never even seen much less performed in.

Do you see where I am going here..... it is possible to see Trump going to the dark side.

Nixon did.

Interesting comment re: the mob.

When Trump was getting flack about the way he played the real-estate development game during the 70's & 80's, I was supportive of him in that and considered it an asset.

Why?

Because anyone in NYC or Chicago that could deal with the city, the politics, the media, the outfit, the inspectors, the unions, *had* to be a helluva' effective pragmatist!

Seriously, I give credit to him and others like him that could do this stuff in NYC-CHI, during the 50's through 80's.

I know what it took to pull this stuff off in Chicago during the latter part of that time, and heard enough from my Sicilian & Calabrese relatives about the earlier time, to know:

It took serious people skills, personal chutzpah, a certain degree of honesty of word (above and especially under the table), and plenty of tenacity & balls!

Nixon did.

Obama was probably the most naive president since Carter. Man, it was embarrassing to see him flailing when the real world reared it head.

Obama was probably the most naive president since Carter. Man, it was embarrassing to see him flailing when the real world reared it head.
I like Obama, and believe him to be a good man.

His no-drama intellectuality and presidentiality were his greatest assets.

But that cool calmness manifested itself in lacking in balls, on occasion. It took him forever to learn how to play hardball and down-and-dirty with the GOP Congress.

I've often heard it claimed that we collectively as a country get tired of a President after 8 years, and chose a new President much the opposite. Baby, do I believe that now!

But that cool calmness manifested itself in lacking in balls, on occasion.

Uh. Yeah. Half a million Syrians couldn't be reached for comment on whether or not Obama's desire to avoid drama at all costs was his greatest asset or not.

But that cool calmness manifested itself in lacking in balls, on occasion. It took him forever to learn how to play hardball and down-and-dirty with the GOP Congress.

I've often heard it claimed that we collectively as a country get tired of a President after 8 years, and chose a new President much the opposite. Baby, do I believe that now!

He's loved in the Ukraine. I imagine Trump is not. And, in 8 years, Ukraine will probably be speaking Russian again. :)

Uh. Yeah. Half a million Syrians couldn't be reached for comment on whether or not Obama's desire to avoid drama at all costs was his greatest asset or not.
And Happy New Year to you too, Will!

He's loved in the Ukraine. I imagine Trump is not. And, in 8 years, Ukraine will probably be speaking Russian again. :)
Meh.

When it rains, it pours ...

Or put another way, the celebs are not that tolerant of the huge chunk of Americans who support the President we have picked. The danger for them of course is that it is a very short walk between that and being anti-American, a truth that Trump and his supporters will be only too happy to highlight..

The "huge chunk" is 27% of the electorate. Not so huge as to give a mandate.

That is plenty for a mandate (applied to the citizenry) to let the winner attempt to do the job of leading America to a better place.

That is something that Americans and Americas friends and all supporters of democracy should be able to get behind.

Of course.

The military should not be out of sight.

But our American values need to be at the forefront: Freedom, Peace, Opportunity, etc.

Every country's got a military, but we're suppose to have superior ideas that transcend military force.

I'm a little bit torn between agreeing with the image you present and my vision of a military consisting of citizen soldiers who are every bit as much a part of the process as the civilian population and all, military and civilian alike, sharing the same vision and striving for the same goals of freedom, peace, opportunity, etc.

As trump tweets Happy New Year to his 'many enemies' who 'lost so badly'. What a ****in asshole.

We all know donnie trainwreck has a Nixon enemies list, as he kicked a biographer off his golf course today who was in a 4-some with David Koch.

Where are all the GOPosters who defended WMD as trump humiliates his own government people and sides with putin?

As he then detours to saying no computer is safe from hacking and added that messages should be sent by courier "like in the old days". Which old days Donnie, when you were dodging the draft ?

Here is one take:

What say you?

tyvm

I am so damn sick of celebrities thinking they can influence the election while hypocritically crying that Russia has outdone them. Let them move out of the country if they hate it so much. That will make America great again all by itself. California would actually turn red. Now they can use all of their money to help the poor instead of wasting it on electing lying, dishonest, establishment crooks. Will they do it? I doubt it.

That is plenty for a mandate (applied to the citizenry) to let the winner attempt to do the job of leading America to a better place.

That is something that Americans and Americas friends and all supporters of democracy should be able to get behind.

The nineteen-sixties isn't a better place.

Back
Top Bottom