• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The reason for the mockery of Christians in the political atmosphere.

*Whatever*

You troll, you can't even accept that you created a strawman when I pointed it out. I simply don't understand you.
I don't understand why you keep responding.

If I am just a strawman producing troll why in the hell are you still posting responses?

Says so much more about you than it does me.

Or is it the last post wins?

I don't understand why you keep responding.

If I am just a strawman producing troll why in the hell are you still posting responses?

Says so much more about you than it does me.

Or is it the last post wins?

I keep responding because there is nothing else to do on this site for now (no new exciting threads). Plus I'm arrogant, proving you wrong constantly is satisfying personally even if you continue to be a fool.

You were able to get that I'm arrogant and argumentative from my posts?

I keep responding because there is nothing else to do on this site for now (no new exciting threads). Plus I'm arrogant, proving you wrong constantly is satisfying personally even if you continue to be a fool.

You were able to get that I'm arrogant and argumentative from my posts?
Okay then.

So, the Inquisition wasn't "real" Christianity? The bloody spread across Europe, of genocide and forced conversions, those weren't "real" Christianity? Pogroms and more than a thousand years of massacring Jews weren't "real" Christianity? Oppressing women and killing independent women as witches and freethinking people as heretics wasn't "real" Christianity? Yeah, that's a no true Scotsman fallacy. According to you, nearly every Christian isn't really Christian. That's complete nonsense. You can't just cherry pick the parts of history that you like. And there is no "always" in a religion, least of all one that's two thousand years old.

Yeah, so Things like the Inquisition didn't happen before Christianity? Genocide didn't happen before christianity? Imperialism didn't haven before Christianity? Oppression of women and thought didn't happen before Christianity?

Of coarse they did, thats part of the human condition, those Things have ALWAYS happened.

However the egalitarian and universal principles were New and unique to Christianity, these other Things happen and have happened in EVERY culture.

Suuuuure it is. In the real world, all of those ideas long since predate Christianity, and most of those aren't actually part of any Christian theology. They certainly weren't a part of about a thousand years worth of medieval European Christian thought.

It's strange how little you know about your own religion and its history.

Really they predate Christianity? Where?

Actually the anti-feudal peasents movement was explicitly christian and was not like old pre-christian revolutionary movements that just wanted to change the Power so that they were the bosses instead (Sparticus wasn't trying to abolish slavery, he was just trying to get his piece of the pie), they wanted actual Liberation and an egalitarian systsem ... for example, John Ball, the guy I quote.

I don't believe it's right to blame an organization for the crimes of it's employees. I believe the individual is guilty. Plus if they were forbidden to join that one they would just join another.

So long as that organization keeps those employees, especially if the organization defends those employees, knowing what they do wrong, then absolutely it's right to blame the organization as well.

If the Catholic church enabled it, or turned a blind eye. I would say they are guilty of a far wise crime. But to get back to the topic you said ALL Christianity ever gave us was pedophile priests. You stand corrected SOME of what the CATHOLIC church game us was pedophile priests.

You said blame the organization. Christianity isn't an organization. The Catholic Church is an organization. Besides, you are aware that there is plenty of sex abuse that happens in non-Catholic churches, right?

So long as that organization keeps those employees, especially if the organization defends those employees, knowing what they do wrong, then absolutely it's right to blame the organization as well.
I agree with that. If they are protecting theminstead of canning them yes.

You said blame the organization. Christianity isn't an organization. The Catholic Church is an organization. Besides, you are aware that there is plenty of sex abuse that happens in non-Catholic churches, right?
Of course there is. If their organizations cover it up and enable it. I feel the same way about it.

I agree with that. If they are protecting theminstead of canning them yes.

Which, of course, the Catholic Church is doing but they're not at all alone. Unfortunately, you not only get the churches that are protecting these predators, but the people in the pews as well.

Which, of course, the Catholic Church is doing but they're not at all alone. Unfortunately, you not only get the churches that are protecting these predators, but the people in the pews as well.
It happens with in families, and college sponsored foot ball organizations. Boy scouts and so forth

It happens with in families, and college sponsored foot ball organizations. Boy scouts and so forth

And they deserve blame too. Anyone who protects or defends predators ought to get blamed for it.

Unfortunately, the reason a lot of these people are supporting these sex criminals is because they think that anyone in the ministry must be a man of God, therefore couldn't possibly be guilty.

That's messed up.

Unfortunately, the reason a lot of these people are supporting these sex criminals is because they think that anyone in the ministry must be a man of God, therefore couldn't possibly be guilty.

That's messed up.
I learned to be very leery of anybody that excuses their actions or calls themselves a "man of God" typically the use it as a justification for some of their backward beliefs and actions.

Back
Top Bottom